Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

I have demo’d Thorn and it sounds great, really nice to program but is it me or is the timing totally out on the Arpeggiator? It sounds like it has some kind of swing on ot even though that is set at 0%. I tried sending the same notes through Dunes arp and it sounded spot on. There’s definately something odd going on in Thorns arp.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

PB has Thorn on sale, and crossgrade deal from Tantra. Expiring Sept 17th
https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=4248

acid alex wrote:I have demo’d Thorn and it sounds great, really nice to program but is it me or is the timing totally out on the Arpeggiator? It sounds like it has some kind of swing on ot even though that is set at 0%. I tried sending the same notes through Dunes arp and it sounded spot on. There’s definately something odd going on in Thorns arp.
If I remember correctly someone mentioned that earlier already. It's not important for me. I play everything live or program it in the best available ARP ... the DAW :)
When I really program an ARP within a synth I play it only very short and most times so that when I press keys a bit longer that then the ARP effect sets in to bring some changes or aftertouch effects.

A joyful modulation for you.

Touch The Universe Thorn Bundle on Sale - 3 Soundsets (450 presets) for $30
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:24 pm Touch The Universe Thorn Bundle on Sale - 3 Soundsets (450 presets) for $30
Just bought this. Wow. Just wow. Well done.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:24 pm Touch The Universe Thorn Bundle on Sale - 3 Soundsets (450 presets) for $30
Till when is that sale on?
The word Dec can be seen on the banner, but I can't read the number that supposed to follow that :)
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Just get it from the dev directly. It's worth every penny. This thing is a kind of it's own. And maybe you contact Dmitry first via email. I learned him as a very kind and open minded person and maybe some unpredictable positive things could happen then :)

nichttuntun wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:25 am And maybe you contact Dmitry first via email. I learned him as a very kind and open minded person
One of the most friendly and humble guys in the business from what I can tell. :)

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:34 am
nichttuntun wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:25 am And maybe you contact Dmitry first via email. I learned him as a very kind and open minded person
One of the most friendly and humble guys in the business from what I can tell. :)
I can vouch for that as well. Not only does he create lovely plugins but he have a big heart. I was going to buy Tantra. It was just before Christmas that year and at the time the payment system at his website didn't work. I contacted him and asked him if there were any other ways for me to buy Tantra. He replied me and appologized for the trouble and offered me a free license of Tantra, including presets for it.

I am not the kind of guy who like to take advantage of anyone so I actually hesitated before I said yes to his very generous offer. He spend hours to end to create these things and he deserve to get paid. Because I like his plugins and because he is such a nice guy I been a huge fan ever since. I bought every plugin he made and I have not been dissapointed. I can't wait to see what he does next.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

yep Dmitry is a very generous guy.
and his plugins have a lot of character.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a big admirer of your work based on the demos, looking forward to picking up several of your soundsets for different synths and diving into them :phones:
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

I had problems running Tantra on my new Mac a year or so ago. He offered me a free Thorn as compensation. It is now my go to synth. That’s really taking care of your customers.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

that's rawkus
what a dude

Does the CM version get updated like the regular version?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

sqigls wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 am yep Dmitry is a very generous guy.
and his plugins have a lot of character.
Great synth, nice guy.
Good support.

Return to “Instruments”