Favorite Synth to Program

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thorn? Yes!!!
Don't know the others...

All Full Bucket synths
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Apratim wrote:Anyone here who loves to program
Sytrus
Mpowersynth
And DS thorn??
They're all fine. Of those 3, my favorite to program in order would be...

1. Sytrus
2. Thorn
3. MPowerSynth

Tj Shredder wrote:Thorn? Yes!!!
Don't know the others...
Imageline sytrus man
I think that's very well known in the FM community
Last edited by Apratim on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

wagtunes wrote:
Apratim wrote:Anyone here who loves to program
Sytrus
Mpowersynth
And DS thorn??
They're all fine. Of those 3, my favorite to program in order would be...

1. Sytrus
2. Thorn
3. MPowerSynth
Yup they are all fine but i kinda dig the GUI of sytrus and mpowersynth even though I think they both are hated in Kvr community for the GUI

The GUI of thorn is good no complaints about that but it turns me off + the load time for the thorn GUI is long for my system
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Tj Shredder wrote:
BONES wrote:I am not going to spend time learning something just because its' a challenge.
Now its more and more Fathom, because there is this OSChallenge...
The Gui is a new approach for very complex synths. That way you can extend it endless. The opposite of "stuff everything into one window" which would limit the feature list. But you have to learn it...
You also don't get lost, like in VCV, if your patch is growing into the sky...
I'm not sure why you quoted my post but I'm glad you did. Fathom looks intriguing. It works like a node-based compositing application, so it's a paradigm I am very familar and extremely comfortable with. It's actually quite a clever way of doing the modular thing but it must have taken a lot of work underneath to make it look so simple on the surface. It'sdownloading as I type this and I'm looking forward to toruting it for the rest of the evening.

It's the kind of thing where your presets could just be set-ups that you work from, rather than completed timbres, which could work really well for me, in the same way that my SynthEdit synths did for such a long time.
Apratim wrote: I think that's very well known in the FM community
There's an "FM community"? What a terrifying prospect that is.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

My current ones:
-Repro-5
-Any Juno (Tal Uno or Roland Cloud 106)
-Roland SH-101

Hardly complex programming, but i'm liking simple these days.

BONES wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote:
BONES wrote:I am not going to spend time learning something just because its' a challenge.
Now its more and more Fathom, because there is this OSChallenge...
I'm not sure why you quoted my post but I'm glad you did.
Because of the Challenge...; - )
BONES wrote:It'sdownloading as I type this and I'm looking forward to toruting it for the rest of the evening.
If you get on the OSC thread, you will even get a full version valid through this months Challenge. But at the same time, its still so cheap, you might just jump on it, as I did...
Sytrus seem to be Win only, can't even try...

I have a lot of soft synths,but when I'm working on a track,my favourite synth to program is DUNE 1...

You can get great results quickly and it sounds great...

It's the perfect synth for dummies such as my good self :wink:

DUNE 2 is also a killer synth...thanks Richard....
No auto tune...

i'm coming to the end of a very long soft-synth journey and am finding that i really enjoy programming Zebra, Dagger and Operator. Dagger and Operator get out of my way so i can just get a simple sound quickly and move on, but with Zebra i actually have fun getting lost in it and coming up with more complex sounds. So far, though, that means that i use Zebra a little less for actual music unless i'm using presets.

BONES wrote:
There's an "FM community"? What a terrifying prospect that is.
I mean that sytrus is well known amomg those people who have been using FM7 other soft FM synths or guys who do or are well acquainted to hardcore FM stuff that's all :) :D

Tj Shredder wrote:
Sytrus seem to be Win only, can't even try...
I think the OSX beta are out

Return to “Instruments”