Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Its built with this http://hise.audio, thats why its sample based, although I didn't really look too deeply at the system. Reportedly its extend-able with c ++, although I didn't peruse the API.

I personally wouldn't be interested in such a "seemingly" advanced instrument that wasn't written from scratch. Other than a Kontakt based solutions. Kontakt's engine is an industry standard, you definitely can be sure of the quality of the audio engine.

HISE on the other hand, open sourced and mostly unknown. For $100 or $200, I'll pass until I can definitely be sure of its quality and longevity.

-Cheers

*Really theres only one reason to use something like HISE, that being because you are unable to do it
yourself. IMO anyway...
Last edited by pekbro on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

link to the instrument ?

hmmm ...

first impressions:
super flash website
no demo audio (just one short, flashy trailer)
no demo/trial plugin

conclusion:
no thanks, i'll pass

thanks for the heads up anyway though. maybe someone will buy it and report back, and maybe dash my first impressions with positive reports.

I am going to reply here because I have not seen much of the dev at this site. They support another more sample-library-friendly forum.

Auddict is a sample library developer. This is their first VST. I think they went with Hise because of its sheer flexibility. There is no demo, manual, or videos, because those are in development and I think they wanted this project released this week. I think a demo, manual, and videos are all in the works, as well as hundreds of more samples and presets to work from. I say this based on their own comments on the other forum.

This is not the last you will hear of Hexeract, Auddict, or Hise for that matter. The commercial end of Hise seems really deep and appears to be a much more consistent platform than other not so recent platforms (Synthedit, Synthmaker, Flowstone anyone?) for audio.

I am enjoying the sounds today, and will dig deeper this week.

The intro pricing is not going away till much more information and demos are available (according to Auddict).

axb312 wrote: So Zebra 2 - primarily wavetable synthesis.

Hexeract - primarily subtractive synthesis (why do you say sample based? I understand subtractive to mean starting with a sound and all it's harmonics and filtering out unwanted frequencies - not 100% clear on how this affect timbre though)...

For leads I'm looking at the Legend by Synapse.

And yes, the hexeract soundscapes sound beautiful from what I've heard so far.
Saying Zebra 2 is primarily wavetable synthesis is not entirely accurate, nor is saying that Hexeract is primarily subtractive synthesis (as I understand it, since I haven't used it yet).

I think you might be a little confused. Something can be wavetable AND subtractive. Wavetable just refers to how the thing produces the raw sound. Subtractive refers to the fact that you are mainly sculpting the sound through filtering. Likewise, sample-based just refers to the fact that it doesn't have oscillators or wavetables, the source of the sounds are samples.

Also Zebra 2 has other synthesis methods like spectral, FM, comb.. It's a very versatile synth and sounds maybe more like what you are looking for based on your description, but again I have not yet used Hexeract, which I might buy but I'm waiting on some videos.

focusrite wrote:First impressions: It's very falcon a-like
I thought so too from the limited information - I have Falcon so don't see Hexeract within my setup - but if I didn't have Falcon ..... maybe. I will follow with interest though, once they release more info. I think they got so excited by what they have made that they couldn't wait any longer before releasing, even without videos and a manual :)

goldenhelix wrote:
axb312 wrote: So Zebra 2 - primarily wavetable synthesis.

Hexeract - primarily subtractive synthesis (why do you say sample based? I understand subtractive to mean starting with a sound and all it's harmonics and filtering out unwanted frequencies - not 100% clear on how this affect timbre though)...

For leads I'm looking at the Legend by Synapse.

And yes, the hexeract soundscapes sound beautiful from what I've heard so far.
Saying Zebra 2 is primarily wavetable synthesis is not entirely accurate, nor is saying that Hexeract is primarily subtractive synthesis (as I understand it, since I haven't used it yet).

I think you might be a little confused. Something can be wavetable AND subtractive. Wavetable just refers to how the thing produces the raw sound. Subtractive refers to the fact that you are mainly sculpting the sound through filtering. Likewise, sample-based just refers to the fact that it doesn't have oscillators or wavetables, the source of the sounds are samples.

Also Zebra 2 has other synthesis methods like spectral, FM, comb.. It's a very versatile synth and sounds maybe more like what you are looking for based on your description, but again I have not yet used Hexeract, which I might buy but I'm waiting on some videos.
Thank you for clearing that up. However, the hexeract website says it has 3 oscillators?

Hope somwonw puts up a video :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

or posts a picture of the actual GUI

On the surface from just looking at it, it feels like a mixture of Omnisphere and a pulse engine. Someone posted a video of some of the sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRpRVz9x4RI

and hearing them raw and unprocessed really doesn't seem like it's anything ground breaking or new though the poster didn't really dig too deep.

I dunno. Holding off till more information is available. I get they wanted to hit the sale crowds but I wish they would have waited till more towards Christmas to release this so they would have all the information available for us at launch rather than getting in a tizzy and coming to early conclusions.
Last edited by Mystic on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I took a chance on it and am loving it!
I wish the developers every success.

It’s a synth and sampler, who ever stated it was simply a sampler is completely wrong.

It’s very quick and intuitive to use, sounds great, you can use any sound from any where.

It’s awesome!

Would love to hang around but I’ve got music to write!
:phones:

Hi there, was just alerted to this thread, had a look through and will answer everything as best I can! I'm just copying over a response I made earlier on another thread, as well as a few extra answers to questions in this thread.

A rompler, it is not ;) This is a fully fledged synth - you have all your standard synth waveforms in there (not samples, oscillators), which you can use instead of the samples if you do choose to do so. You have a complete and capable synth with which to design, of course with filters (great warm and fat sound I might add), LFO's which go into the audible frequency range - routable to many many parameters for FM, AM filter cutoff frequency modulation, other very weird things, sequencers, envelopes and more! Not to mention my favorite "per note" mode

The manual 1.0 is about to be released on the site, I'll make a post here when it is, and it covers the foundations - all controls are listed and described so you can see where everything is and what everything does. We will continue to add to the manual, and I imagine it will grow to 100+ pages in no time, judging by how much there is to put in there!

Before going any further, I will just confirm, as we received a few questions about this - HEXERACT is a standalone application that does not require the user to touch HISE or even know what it is. When you purchase, you get your download links and license, which contains an installer for windows and an installer for mac, standalone .exe or .pkg along with normal VST/AU/AAX plugins ;)

Saying that you might as well buy HISE is a little like saying, instead of buying a piece of software, you might as well buy microsoft visual studio instead and make your own ;) Not intended to come across as confrontation at all - it's just my best analogy of describing how we worked and what each part does. HISE has developed into something more than a sampler, it's a full blown and capable engine, and in the past year has evolved in unbelievable ways. We worked with Christoph VERY closely throughout the development of HEXERACT, throughout which Christoph actually tailored the engine to accommodate many of our synth's demanding of features and capabilities, to bring it to what it is now.

The engine is extremely stable, and we will continue to work on HEXERACT persistently to improve and build upon it, how could we not after such an opening with so many users already! P.S. It is coming to iPad ;)

A little more about HEXERACT, although more will be covered in the manual.

The way it treats samples, is in a per-voice basis much like a synth, which is what makes it so special, and why I would strongly discourage referring to it as a "rompler". The other reason is that it's simply a synth like any other, with real synth waveforms (oscillators, not samples) in there, but the samples are what make it special. The way HEXERACT is built, is so that the sampled instruments behave like, and are treated like and moulded like waveforms with complex harmonic spectrums - you can get some seriously analogue sounding patches, or you can go crazy with sound design and really make some weird things! The demo in the intro video we released was one capability, and we'll be demo-ing more...

The samples and voices are treated like voices in a synth, they can trigger the modulations like on a synth, and then on the sample side itself, they are damn good sampled instruments meticulously cleaned and treated - we work with the top level of players, so things like the strings, once again include various players from the royal philharmonic/national ballet.

There is a good element of subtractive synthesis - that's all in there, and you have LFO's which can go into the audible frequency spectrum, and be routed to all sorts of things (described in post above ... FM AM and more crazy things), plus the FX tab with virtual racks, master tab with compressor, limiter and master effects.

I'll say the same we said in another thread, we will not unfairly end the sale without adequate demos and documentation, so rest assured... demos will be coming, the manual will be updated and we wont kill the sale before then

One more note about the engine - it uses JUCE framework, which is an industry standard

Auddict-audio wrote: One more note about the engine - it uses JUCE framework, which is an industry standard
Isn't that what Wusik 8 uses? Seems a bit similar in the way it works.

Return to “Instruments”