Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

User avatar
Aliens
KVRist
 
345 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:36 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.4 released

braj wrote:
Yeah, he is really a good and reaponsive developer, and I don't think I slammed him or anything :shrug: and it was definitely meant to be helpful.


Yeah, sure, you were totally awesome and not up in his business at all. :lol:
User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
 
5842 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:37 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.4 released

braj wrote:.................

Yeah, he is really a good and reaponsive developer, and I don't think I slammed him or anything :shrug: and it was definitely meant to be helpful.


Thats how I read and I am sure he read your post too.
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:43 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.4 released

zvenx wrote:
braj wrote:.................

Yeah, he is really a good and reaponsive developer, and I don't think I slammed him or anything :shrug: and it was definitely meant to be helpful.


Thats how I read and I am sure he read your post too.


Yeah, because you aren't a defensive sycophant :hihi:
User avatar
Aliens
KVRist
 
345 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:49 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.4 released

braj wrote:
Yeah, because you aren't a defensive sycophant :hihi:


Kiddy insults :roll:

Maybe it's bcause I'm not overly invested personally in the company of a product I purchased and think I have the right to tell him how to run his business.
He's been doing fine so far without your help. Even suffering majestically through your torturous public purchase ordeal.
Why not ease up on the 'I know best' crap, when clearly you don't, and let the bloke make us the best synth he can.
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

Are the Cutoff and Volume filter knobs supposed to be a lighter shade than the other similar-sized knobs? This is also true for the main volume knob. They are very similar but not as saturated.
Last edited by braj on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aliens
KVRist
 
345 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

braj wrote:Are the Cutoff and Volume filter knobs supposed to be a lighter shade than the other similar-sized knobs? This is also true for the main volume knob.


:dog: What a time resource hog. Cuz they soundz weirdz, right? Because it affects how the synth plays and programs. :lol:

Next useless question has to be if it had end cheeks would they be mahogany or teak?
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

Possible bug: On preset ARP Midnight Train, I left the arp turned on, no notes playing so silent, left the workstation to walk my dog, came back and tried playing it via my midi keyboard, but no notes were registered on SMO's keyboard graphic, and nothing was heard. The arp display didn't show any activity. I disabled the arp, the plugin could sing again when played, I then enabled the arp again and the pattern was able to be played. This is on Reaper Windows 64bit. Arp midi output in Settings is on, with Reaper sending to another track.
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

After putting user waveforms into the \SynthMaster One\Resources\UserWaveforms directory, SMO doesn't display any of the waveforms in SMO for me. The installer apparently removed the ones I had there previously (which were copies of the default ones from the Synthmaster 2.8 \SynthMaster\Resources\UserWaveforms directory. This worked previously in 1.0 and I believe 1.1.
kv331
KVRAF
 
5251 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:08 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

braj wrote:Are the Cutoff and Volume filter knobs supposed to be a lighter shade than the other similar-sized knobs? This is also true for the main volume knob. They are very similar but not as saturated.


They look lighter because they have modulations assigned. I need to change that color though because it is not seen clearly, the alpha is too low or something.
Last edited by kv331 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
kv331
KVRAF
 
5251 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:08 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

braj wrote:After putting user waveforms into the \SynthMaster One\Resources\UserWaveforms directory, SMO doesn't display any of the waveforms in SMO for me. The installer apparently removed the ones I had there previously (which were copies of the default ones from the Synthmaster 2.8 \SynthMaster\Resources\UserWaveforms directory. This worked previously in 1.0 and I believe 1.1.


Please put them under /documents/synthmasterone/waveforms
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
kv331
KVRAF
 
5251 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.4 released

DocShay wrote:To reproduce, select the preset named "ARP three ways (mw+pb+at) BT", and it will give you an error at least it does on windows 10 x64. This error also seems to happen with some other bigtone patches in the factory bank.


Yes I identified 2 or 3 presets. I will ask BigTone about those.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:17 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

kv331 wrote:
braj wrote:After putting user waveforms into the \SynthMaster One\Resources\UserWaveforms directory, SMO doesn't display any of the waveforms in SMO for me. The installer apparently removed the ones I had there previously (which were copies of the default ones from the Synthmaster 2.8 \SynthMaster\Resources\UserWaveforms directory. This worked previously in 1.0 and I believe 1.1.


Please put them under /documents/synthmasterone/waveforms


Awesome, that works, thanks :)
kv331
KVRAF
 
5251 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:17 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

Aliens wrote:Doesn't do me any harm by getting a new download 2 days running.


That's how I think as well. As soon as I identify issues, especially crashers that I see in crash reports sent by users, I'd prefer to fix them and release an update immediately. For major changes I do regression testing though, like going through all factory presets, load them and play them and make sure all sound ok.

I released a v1.1 beta version by the way, but I didn't get many responses to that. up until I release v1.1 :)

Guys relax, we have a saying in Turkish: "The caravan is lined up on the way"
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

kv331 wrote:
braj wrote:Are the Cutoff and Volume filter knobs supposed to be a lighter shade than the other similar-sized knobs? This is also true for the main volume knob. They are very similar but not as saturated.


They look lighter because they have modulations assigned. I need to change that color though because it is seen clearly, the alpha is too high.


Great, thanks! Glad it wasn't just my eyes ;)
User avatar
Aliens
KVRist
 
345 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 pm Re: SynthMaster One v1.1.5 released

kv331 wrote:
Aliens wrote:Doesn't do me any harm by getting a new download 2 days running.


That's how I think as well. As soon as I identify issues, especially crashers that I see in crash reports sent by users, I'd prefer to fix them and release an update immediately. For major changes I do regression testing though, like going through all factory presets, load them and play them and make sure all sound ok.

I released a v1.1 beta version by the way, but I didn't get many responses to that. up until I release v1.1 :)

Guys relax, we have a saying in Turkish: "The caravan is lined up on the way"


And I have a new saying 'I'm just waiting for the caravan to turn up. When it comes, it's here'.

:tu:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments