Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

Ah_Dziz wrote:
EnGee wrote:I recently upgraded from Arturia Lab lite to the full version (just $29 for 6000+ presets!).

Anyway, the Jupiter and SEM presets are maxing my CPU in both Cubase and Reaper! In Cubase i see the VST3 version only.

Has anyone encountered the same? I thought to ask before contacting support.
You can move the vst3 files and then the vst 2 versions will show up. Just plop em over into a temporary folder to get them out of the way. Then you can check out if the vst2 versions have a noticeable change in performance.
I really don't know what is the reason, but I have downloaded the demo of both SEM and Jupiter. I had the same results, so it is not because of Lab 3, but the original plugins are using too much CPU in my system. They use more than Korg ARP Odyssey preset ( which is 16 voices x 16 unison) !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote:
T-CM11 wrote: Maybe you should mention what kind of CPU you have, and audio interface (drivers)? On a second generation i5 laptop, Jupiter is light on CPU / SEM relatively heavy when using all voices - but certainly not maxing out.
If 2 plugins (e.g. VST2 & 3 version of the same plugin) have the same VST id, Cubase will only show one of them.
https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advi ... -conflicts
OK! My PC is:
Win 10 64bit with Ryzen 1600X / 16GB RAM / GTX 1060 and iTwo presonus interface (ASIO with 44.1 khz and 256 buffer). Both Cubase 9 and Reaper 5 are 64bit. I had SEM V before (both the old version and the new and I didn't have any problem with it with my previous system which was i5-4570 and 8GB).

However, I'm talking about "Arturia Lab 3" SEM V and Jupiter V presets not the individual plugins of SEM V and Jupiter V! But to check out the individual plugins, I will download the demos and see!
Do you have these performance issues with plugins from other manufacturers? If not, it might be some kind of Ryzen/Arturia issue...
Because theoretically, your 1600X should be more than capable to run any plugin with ease.

T-CM11 wrote: Do you have these performance issues with plugins from other manufacturers? If not, it might be some kind of Ryzen/Arturia issue...
Because theoretically, your 1600X should be more than capable to run any plugin with ease.
No I don't have. Do you mean you can play those mentioned presets with ease? Anyway, I don't have a problem with the other presets from other synths.

Oh, I just wanted to try again, but SEM and Jupiter presets have disappeared from Analog LAB after I uninstalled their demos!! :lol: Ok, I think the problem is solved then :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote: Oh, I just wanted to try again, but SEM and Jupiter presets have disappeared from Analog LAB after I uninstalled their demos!! :lol: Ok, I think the problem is solved then :hihi:
They read your problem here and solved it! 8)

The best solution :hihi:

Anyway, I think I will buy DX7 V in the next discount. I really like it especially when I set the velocity to full instead of DX7. It's my next purchase, unless Steinberg/Yamaha surprises us :)

Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
On the other hand, I also have FM8 and it delivers same quality sounds with less cpu.
So soon I will uninstall arturia demo.

I haven't experienced problems with the demo (dx7), but I also haven't spent a lot of time with it. I almost bought it 2nd hand, but then I decided to wait. Anyway, I have most (if not all!) its presets in Analog Lab, but of course with very limited parameters to play with.

Still I think Synclavier V is the best synth in the collection regarding CPU usage, sound and stability. I had much less problems with it than other Arturia synths.

EnGee wrote:I haven't experienced problems with the demo (dx7), but I also haven't spent a lot of time with it. I almost bought it 2nd hand, but then I decided to wait. Anyway, I have most (if not all!) its presets in Analog Lab, but of course with very limited parameters to play with.

Still I think Synclavier V is the best synth in the collection regarding CPU usage, sound and stability. I had much less problems with it than other Arturia synths.

I must agree that the Synclavier V is the one that I tend to gravitate towards. It's an extremely interesting synth to program and has an excellent sound plus with the original code used I feel that I'm hearing the real deal!

Yes it is a great synth. I was avoiding it because programming/understanding it is not so easy, but recently I begin to enjoy it more as I found video tutorials by Arturia and they are extremely useful! There are 3 parts I think, here is the first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYO55G959uc

dune_rave wrote:Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
On the other hand, I also have FM8 and it delivers same quality sounds with less cpu.
Both are excellent synths, and both do a great job with FM synthesis. But they are different, and one does not replace the other, IMO (except for plain vanilla DX7 sounds).

But in that chapter, I think the DX7 V wins. IMO, it translates better the original DX7 family SYX files.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
Both are excellent synths, and both do a great job with FM synthesis. But they are different, and one does not replace the other, IMO (except for plain vanilla DX7 sounds).

But in that chapter, I think the DX7 V wins. IMO, it translates better the original DX7 family SYX files.
Totally Agree. DX7 V is a superb emulation. For me, just alone itself deserve the cost of updating

Love the Flying North by Dolby intro in that video ;)

Are all parameters on the DX7 automatable? I remember that PX7 has very limited automation and modulation.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I'm a bit disappointed that Arturia hasn't implemented release velocity in more of their plugins.

Obviously, they know how to do it, because it works like a champ in the Matrix 12V.

Come one Arturia - hear my plea. :D

I got Steinberg's Absolute 3 recently and am very pleased that release velocity can be used pretty much anywhere and everywhere.
With one change to Arturia's stuff, I wouldn't have need for too much else.
Last edited by felis on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

modularg2 wrote:
fmr wrote:

Totally Agree. DX7 V is a superb emulation. For me, just alone itself deserve the cost of updating
I recently watched a video on YouTube. On some patches FM8 was closer to the DX7. On others it was either Dexed or DX7 V. I don’t think any captures the original 100% but FM8 is mellower than DX7 V and just has a good sound character of its own.

I dunno if this was shared yet on this thread:
https://youtu.be/HXkbgrHFehI
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”