Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
 
2307 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:37 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

EnGee wrote:I recently upgraded from Arturia Lab lite to the full version (just $29 for 6000+ presets!).

Anyway, the Jupiter and SEM presets are maxing my CPU in both Cubase and Reaper! In Cubase i see the VST3 version only.

Has anyone encountered the same? I thought to ask before contacting support.

You can move the vst3 files and then the vst 2 versions will show up. Just plop em over into a temporary folder to get them out of the way. Then you can check out if the vst2 versions have a noticeable change in performance.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4691 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:50 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Ah_Dziz wrote:
EnGee wrote:I recently upgraded from Arturia Lab lite to the full version (just $29 for 6000+ presets!).

Anyway, the Jupiter and SEM presets are maxing my CPU in both Cubase and Reaper! In Cubase i see the VST3 version only.

Has anyone encountered the same? I thought to ask before contacting support.

You can move the vst3 files and then the vst 2 versions will show up. Just plop em over into a temporary folder to get them out of the way. Then you can check out if the vst2 versions have a noticeable change in performance.

I really don't know what is the reason, but I have downloaded the demo of both SEM and Jupiter. I had the same results, so it is not because of Lab 3, but the original plugins are using too much CPU in my system. They use more than Korg ARP Odyssey preset ( which is 16 voices x 16 unison) !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
User avatar
T-CM11
KVRAF
 
2245 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from Ghent, Belgium

Postby T-CM11; Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

EnGee wrote:
T-CM11 wrote:Maybe you should mention what kind of CPU you have, and audio interface (drivers)? On a second generation i5 laptop, Jupiter is light on CPU / SEM relatively heavy when using all voices - but certainly not maxing out.
If 2 plugins (e.g. VST2 & 3 version of the same plugin) have the same VST id, Cubase will only show one of them.
https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advi ... -conflicts

OK! My PC is:
Win 10 64bit with Ryzen 1600X / 16GB RAM / GTX 1060 and iTwo presonus interface (ASIO with 44.1 khz and 256 buffer). Both Cubase 9 and Reaper 5 are 64bit. I had SEM V before (both the old version and the new and I didn't have any problem with it with my previous system which was i5-4570 and 8GB).

However, I'm talking about "Arturia Lab 3" SEM V and Jupiter V presets not the individual plugins of SEM V and Jupiter V! But to check out the individual plugins, I will download the demos and see!

Do you have these performance issues with plugins from other manufacturers? If not, it might be some kind of Ryzen/Arturia issue...
Because theoretically, your 1600X should be more than capable to run any plugin with ease.
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4691 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:59 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

T-CM11 wrote:Do you have these performance issues with plugins from other manufacturers? If not, it might be some kind of Ryzen/Arturia issue...
Because theoretically, your 1600X should be more than capable to run any plugin with ease.

No I don't have. Do you mean you can play those mentioned presets with ease? Anyway, I don't have a problem with the other presets from other synths.

Oh, I just wanted to try again, but SEM and Jupiter presets have disappeared from Analog LAB after I uninstalled their demos!! :lol: Ok, I think the problem is solved then :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
User avatar
T-CM11
KVRAF
 
2245 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from Ghent, Belgium

Postby T-CM11; Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

EnGee wrote:Oh, I just wanted to try again, but SEM and Jupiter presets have disappeared from Analog LAB after I uninstalled their demos!! :lol: Ok, I think the problem is solved then :hihi:

They read your problem here and solved it! 8)
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4691 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:39 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

The best solution :hihi:

Anyway, I think I will buy DX7 V in the next discount. I really like it especially when I set the velocity to full instead of DX7. It's my next purchase, unless Steinberg/Yamaha surprises us :)
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
dune_rave
KVRian
 
1113 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
On the other hand, I also have FM8 and it delivers same quality sounds with less cpu.
So soon I will uninstall arturia demo.
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4691 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:17 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

I haven't experienced problems with the demo (dx7), but I also haven't spent a lot of time with it. I almost bought it 2nd hand, but then I decided to wait. Anyway, I have most (if not all!) its presets in Analog Lab, but of course with very limited parameters to play with.

Still I think Synclavier V is the best synth in the collection regarding CPU usage, sound and stability. I had much less problems with it than other Arturia synths.
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
User avatar
Hemmick Reef
KVRian
 
1358 posts since 10 Jan, 2005, from UK

Postby Hemmick Reef; Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:49 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

EnGee wrote:I haven't experienced problems with the demo (dx7), but I also haven't spent a lot of time with it. I almost bought it 2nd hand, but then I decided to wait. Anyway, I have most (if not all!) its presets in Analog Lab, but of course with very limited parameters to play with.

Still I think Synclavier V is the best synth in the collection regarding CPU usage, sound and stability. I had much less problems with it than other Arturia synths.



I must agree that the Synclavier V is the one that I tend to gravitate towards. It's an extremely interesting synth to program and has an excellent sound plus with the original code used I feel that I'm hearing the real deal!
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4691 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:44 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Yes it is a great synth. I was avoiding it because programming/understanding it is not so easy, but recently I begin to enjoy it more as I found video tutorials by Arturia and they are extremely useful! There are 3 parts I think, here is the first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYO55G959uc
My lovely setup: Windows 10, Reason 10, Cubase 9.5, AudioBox iTwo, Casio PX-5S, Korg microKey & nanoKontrol and a bunch of great soft synths and instruments :)
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
7305 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

dune_rave wrote:Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
On the other hand, I also have FM8 and it delivers same quality sounds with less cpu.
So soon I will uninstall arturia demo.

Both are excellent synths, and both do a great job with FM synthesis. But they are different, and one does not replace the other, IMO (except for plain vanilla DX7 sounds).

But in that chapter, I think the DX7 V wins. IMO, it translates better the original DX7 family SYX files.
Fernando (FMR)
modularg2
KVRer
 
9 posts since 25 Jun, 2011

Postby modularg2; Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:50 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

fmr wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
On the other hand, I also have FM8 and it delivers same quality sounds with less cpu.
So soon I will uninstall arturia demo.

Both are excellent synths, and both do a great job with FM synthesis. But they are different, and one does not replace the other, IMO (except for plain vanilla DX7 sounds).

But in that chapter, I think the DX7 V wins. IMO, it translates better the original DX7 family SYX files.


Totally Agree. DX7 V is a superb emulation. For me, just alone itself deserve the cost of updating
User avatar
rezoneight
KVRer
 
29 posts since 17 Feb, 2004

Postby rezoneight; Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:41 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Love the Flying North by Dolby intro in that video ;)
v1o
KVRian
 
1051 posts since 1 Oct, 2004

Postby v1o; Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Are all parameters on the DX7 automatable? I remember that PX7 has very limited automation and modulation.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
felis
KVRist
 
304 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Postby felis; Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:25 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

I'm a bit disappointed that Arturia hasn't implemented release velocity in more of their plugins.

Obviously, they know how to do it, because it works like a champ in the Matrix 12V.

Come one Arturia - hear my plea. :D

I got Steinberg's Absolute 3 recently and am very pleased that release velocity can be used pretty much anywhere and everywhere.
With one change to Arturia's stuff, I wouldn't have need for too much else.
Last edited by felis on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npg.org
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments