X-mas 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking to possibly get 'Uno LX Vulcan' from The Unfinished. And likely upgrade to Ableton Live Suite and get version 10.

I have yet to decide on most items...

Already purchased:
- Cough syrup (unfortunately it looks like I'll spend the holidays being ill... like most of my holidays in the last few years, anyway).

For sure:
- a pop filter (I had one brand new sitting unboxed for something like two years: it broke the very first day I used it for a recording :uhuhuh: )
- some spare plectrums (I don't play guitars, but the last time I recorded a friend of mine, he forgot home his new plectums... luckily I had some almost new, but it's worth having a few more since they are cheap).

Likely:
- a new microphone stand (we did break a screw on one of my stands the last time we recorded and, while I'll probably be able to repair it, keeping a spare stand is not a bad idea either).
- A dj laptop stand (it's useful to gain some space in studio
- Some brakets to add a fourth level to my keyboard stand (then I would place my Reface DX there... but a fourth level it's probably a bit too much)

Undecided:
- one or two distortion pedals (for synth/drummachine use - I want some new distortion options for my setup, but I don't really know what to choose)
- Elektron Analog Heat (features are great, I'm intrigued by the lfo and the modulation options, but it's a bit on the expensive side and I'm not fully convinced by the sound demos I heard... it would be an alternative to pedals).
- An item I don't want to mention yet (price is nice - though not cheap - and it would be an upgrade to my current model which I don't use much because of some limitations... but I'm really unsure it will fit in my workflow and I'm somehow afraid of spending money on this item). Also, if I buy this I won't buy the Analog Heat (and viceversa).
- Korg Odyssey plugin (I'll likely buy it, but I won't really consider it before migrating the KLC to the new Korg shop).
- Another microphone, dedicated to guitars (I want to make better recordings, but I don't like spending money on items that will be used to produce other people music instead of mine... especialy because this is not a source of income for me).
- Some dj equipment (I'd like to have some, but I wouldn't use it much... also, I really want the expensive tools because of their features/sound, I find it difficult to set for the cheap/entry level items).

Wild card: if I find something interesting at the music shop that it's not listed on the website, it will change my plans (except for the pop filter and the plectrum).

Also, my birthday is really soon, so I could justify everythin as both a xmas and a birthday present for myself (not that I need/care to, but...) :hihi:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Nothing. I'm broke and got everything I needed already anyway.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I'm in the "got everything I will ever need" club as well. Doesn't mean something shiny won't come along and catch my fancy but it's getting harder and harder to bring anything new to my arsenal.

So far this holiday season.....zip....nada.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'll most probably get Klanghelm SDDR after Christmas. Only a small purchase, but, seems like a really nice plugin. :)

chk071 wrote:I'll most probably get Klanghelm SDDR after Christmas. Only a small purchase, but, seems like a really nice plugin. :)
:tu:
yzcoruhT

Nothing software, but food and wine :)

It's Christmas and it means "drink, eat, drink and eat, then sleep and start snoring!" :hihi:

Ended up with pluctrums and a popfilter (as planned), bought a DS-1 with power adapter (planned... I looked into it in the past days, I'm not sure of my purchase, but there was too much people today at the music store), a blue SH01A (I wasn't really considering it because I have the TAL plugin... but then I thought that it's nice to have an hardware alternative, even if digital), an additional tier for my keyboard stand (so I can move the Reface DX and make room for my laptop and some pedals), a dj laptop stand (so I can place the pedals under the laptop) and a few records (mostly used, they were cheap).
I forgot to buy some cables (so I need to solder them... ouch!) and some power adapters (so I will have to buy them after xmas).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

I just bought 2C Audio B2 for $174.95, and Arturia V Collection 6 for $249 (new user deal).

New scan audio pc
Aturia mini v
Audio thing space echo + vinyl strip
Repro Xmas deal
Mikron cascade
:party:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

That's a good deal on the V Collection 6.
Enough to explore there to keep you busy for a very long time.

egbert101 wrote:
Ed A. wrote:I just bought 2C Audio B2 for $174.95, and Arturia V Collection 6 for $249 (new user deal).
That's an amazing deal for Arturia collection. Not sure how they can continue with such offers (doesn't make business sense).
I got an email from Arturia that said "Personal Offer" "As an Arturia product owner, you can take advantage of the best offer you will ever get on V Collection 6!"
It was an offer I couldn't refuse. :wink:
Maybe they're hoping their good will will entice me into buying a MatrixBrute or something, in addition to the KeyStep I already own.

Bought V Collection 5 on Black Friday...then promptly bought the 6 upgrade ;) Bought a couple of NI sample libraries since all of their stuff was 50% off. good deals on iPad synths too so bought ODYSSEi, Zeeon, and a bunch of presets for the other Korg iOS synths I own since they were all half off. Too much money spent but oh well.

Oh...and we got the wonderful Christmas present from u-He this year in Repro-5. Going to be a funny holiday week.

Return to “Instruments”