Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Whywhy wrote:From what I read, the filter is a 12/24 and we can output a lp,hp and BP.
I wait the demo version, I don't want to paid for a beta.
I wait for more modules too and see their quality.
For now, I stay with vcv and solo rack
- solorack is really good and need more love I think -
Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking now, and I can not decide whether I need it or not.
It looks beautiful. Conveniently. There is a VST.
But usually only after a while do you understand what are the pros and cons.

I like Tassman, although he is very old.

fmr wrote:I was tempted to buy this, but I hold back when I saw that the oscillator is somehow limited (just the usual) as well as the filter (just the common LPF). Doesn't bring anything new to the table, at the moment, IMO.

Besides, I was disappointed already with Softube Modular, where the really interesting modules had to be bought separately. If this goes the same way, I will rather prefer to pay for extra modules in VCV (at keast the core there is free, and we have way more diversity).
The main filter is 12/24db and has highpass, bandpass, and lowpass outputs. There's a Notch Filter, and a Bandpass filter module.

Some folks up here are wanting "more diversity" or weirder modules, but please understand that as a new product with its own format, we were initially striving just to get our bases covered with all the standard modules one would expect. You'll definitely see more unique and idiosyncratic (and affordable) modules from us in the future (and third-parties). And not to toot our horn too much, but we currently have over 80 modules (and more in the can, and even more from third-parties on the way), so we're certainly doing our best on the "diversity" front. :D
Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 1.02.19 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Mitch and others modular freaks,
I would like to know if the CV to midi module can be use with external vsti in a daw? Does V modular sends midi output? If yes, it's per midi channels?
Best
YY

when will end the sale for early user ?

Another question, can we do some feedback routing in cherry modular?
Best
YY

is the sound quality like p900 or Roland ?
solorack or reaktor has a very bad sound.

Whywhy wrote:Hi Mitch and others modular freaks,
I would like to know if the CV to midi module can be use with external vsti in a daw? Does V modular sends midi output?
Basically, yes; you'd do it with the MIDI Out module.

Our MIDI Output module was originally only able to transmit to external hardware MIDI jacks (not to DAW virtual instruments), but as a result of your post (and possibly a couple of other inquiries) we have added "Send To DAW" as a destination. To send pitch/gate/etc CV's, you'd use the CV To MIDI module, then plug its MIDI out to the MIDI Output module as shown here.
Whywhy wrote: If yes, it's per midi channels?

Yes, the MIDI Out module lets you transmit either to "all" (as in the screenshot) or you can choose a MIDI channel. Our programmer has tried it in Mixcraft, but I still have to figure out exactly how to get it sending to the desired audio channel/instrument in Logic (I'm sure it's do-able).

(BTW, this feature isn't implemented in the release version yet, but it should be in the next week or so).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cherryMitch on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

hivkorn wrote:when will end the sale for early user ?
Not 100% sure (because I don't know what the official rollout price will be). We'll keep you posted.
Last edited by cherryMitch on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whywhy wrote:Another question, can we do some feedback routing in cherry modular?
Yes, absolutely. This post got me experimenting with crazy feedback loops with filters, and as a result, we've actually made some improvements to the feedback behaviors. The highpass output on our standard filter module works particularly well for feedback. Our Bandpass filter module also works well for feedback, and of course, the delay and chorus modules have "built-in" feedback. I haven't tried feedback tricks with any other modules (yet!).

As an aside, the built-in limiter on the master output is especially nice to have when fooling with feedback, for obvious reasons...
Last edited by cherryMitch on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veloheinz wrote:is the sound quality like p900 or Roland ?
solorack or reaktor has a very bad sound.
Haven't messed with P900, and I'm not sure which Roland you're referring to (they make a couple of synthesizers...), but audio quality was definitely an important consideration for us. Of course other users are welcome to chime in here.

From the Voltage Modular FAQ:

"All audio processing in Voltage Modular uses high-quality 64-bit double precision math. Modules operate with an internal sample rate of 48kHz. All module processes are zero-latency and operate on individual samples; the only way to achieve true modular performance. In this way, Voltage feels and reacts just like working with a hardware modular.

Voltage Modular’s analog oscillators are built using our advanced, proprietary alias-free analog modeling algorithm. Our Cherry Audio analog filters are 2x oversampled, and carefully model the minor distortions and character of the best analog filters. The idiosyncratic curves of analog envelope generators have been carefully modeled. In short, Voltage Modular isn’t just a cool synthesis platform - it truly sounds fantastic. And it should, because Voltage Modular has been designed and built by vintage analog synthesizer fanatics"
Last edited by cherryMitch on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks a lot Mitch,
My credit card burns my pocket....
Best
YY

Finally, I have bought it.

You can find an awesome and powerful formula parser, with x,y,z input.

Couple it with some adsr and vca's, plus some nice formulas and you are able to make phase modulation, waveshaping, wavetables.....
Crazy.
I'm not so good at math but, with some little research , it's easy to have some nice results in no time and , in reel time.
I think, the third part developers will make some superb modules for this modular.
The work flow is really good too.
I can wait for more modules but with the formula parser, I have some good time in perspective.
Best
YY

Can affirm the sound of cherry is at least as good as modular ?
The video demo on the website don t suprise me and i m really not sure if this synth is made for me...
But 99$ is a nice price but i will kot paid more...i know softube is more expensive and not complete as cherry is but ths sound is here...( even with their REALLY UGLY preset manager!)

Do you get ALL the available modules for the intro price? Or are there modules that you still have to pay extra for?

wrong thread !

Return to “Instruments”