It is worse than I had originally thought. I figured, 5-7 seconds, I can wait for a new version. I'll live with it for the time being. But after last night, I realized how significant the issue is:
- It significantly slows down my workflow.
- Multis take even longer to load.
- Sometimes I can't even switch to another sound until the load is complete.
- I'm also noticing a loss of 1-2GB disk space while running.
- And the worst of it...sometimes I get NO sound. I sometimes had to switch back and forth between two sounds a few times before it would start playing the sound I wanted.
I keep my old installs, so I went back to the previous version, and, like GMusic mentioned, I kept getting the error that a newer version was used and many sounds can't be loaded anymore. So I went back to the latest version.
I tried with the standalone, and things seemed to go better, but I didn't spend too much time in it. Maybe I'll try more tonight. I did most of my testing in Ableton Live 10. I went to Ableton Live 9 and had issues, but they didn't seem as bad. So, I wasn't sure if it is a combination of Live 10 with Omnisphere? But I concluded, since so many others are seeing this, that the DAW doesn't seem like a major factor.