One Synth Challenge #109: Fathom Synth by Seaweed Audio (mmGhost wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Omg so many noise options. This OSC is going to consume me.

Just a quick tip for 64-bit Reaper and Windows 10 users ...

Use the MT build version in the OSC download area. :tu: :tu: :tu:

The standard version won't register with Reaper when it' scanned, nor will the special Windows 10 build. [At least it borks on my system] :dog:

Alternatively, the 32-bit version WILL work just fine bridged. :tu:

HTH

dB

functionform wrote:Omg so many noise options. This OSC is going to consume me.
Indeed it will ... gonna be fun though, eh?

Maybe I need to do an "epic" thing ... Peter?

dB

That's really weird because for me the win 10 64 registers fine. Running 64 bit reaper.

functionform wrote:That's really weird because for me the win 10 64 registers fine. Running 64 bit reaper.
So, I wonder what's different???

Maybe I need the latest 2017 redist??? I'll try that.

OK, installing the C++ 2017 Redistributable seems to have fixed all the problems.

I got it here ...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -downloads

dB
Last edited by doctorbob on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are we OK to use the Pro version put up specifically for this particular OSC 109 challenge?

Haven't really seen any official word on that. :?
Last edited by progtronic on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

progtronic wrote:Are we OK to use the Pro version put up specifically for this particular OSC 109 challenge?: https://www.fathomsynth.com/osc

Yes, that's what it's for ...

dB

doctorbob wrote:
progtronic wrote:Are we OK to use the Pro version put up specifically for this particular OSC 109 challenge?

Yes, that's what it's for ...

dB
OK, cool. just making sure.

Still using the mono version for percussion.. because, why not.. :P

---

Edit: ..aaaannnnd I just saw the official word on the first page.. guess I should edit out these links. :lol:

[quote="progtronic"
Edit: ..aaaannnnd I just saw the official word on the first page.. guess I should edit out these links. :lol:[/quote]
Yup!! :tu:

Perc is going to be OK with this beast :party: ... just set the voices to 1 and you have the mono synth! :dog:

dB

doctorbob wrote: Perc is going to be OK with this beast :party: ... just set the voices to 1 and you have the mono synth! :dog:

dB
Nearly finished up all the perc with the mono's already. Replacing them would mean reconstructing the multi-instrument and re-wiring everything. Way too lazy..

And, yes.. the percussion possibilities on this thing are just awesome. Still totally my weak point, when it comes to patching (in general).. but getting some nice results regardless. :D

FYI I don't think we need to put any rules restrictions on this month.

Have fun! :party: :party:

doctorbob wrote: Maybe I need to do an "epic" thing ... Peter?
dB
Yes please, that's actually what came immediately to my mind when I read fathom is the next synth. I know you have been around in the fathom thread for a while, too. So I bet your kind of familiar with it's capabilities. I'd say if not now then when... ;-) But going with Bob Ross: It's up to you where you put your trees and tiny little bushes...meaning, I'm willing to wait patiently, because I know it's going to be cool be it this month or any of the next...

bjporter wrote:FYI I don't think we need to put any rules restrictions on this month.

Still kind of new to this...

Does this mean we can use whatever channel tools, fx and mastering vst's we want?

Or, are there still some obvious restrictions.. like almost everything under "Effects - what is NOT allowed:"?. I'm guessing things like "No use of samples, sample libraries or live sounds (like voice, guitar etc allowed)." is still, obviously not allowed.

If I can use my usual array of channel and mastering tools (various iZotope, Sample Magic (Boost Pro), Native Instruments tools, etc..), that would be awesome. Also.. a few effects (used lightly), like Guitar Rig Pro and whatnot. Guessing something like Tantra would still be restricted, due to the kind of mangling it can inflict on.. well, anything. But maybe minus the glitch styled fx and distortion? Dunno, that's why I'm asking.

Just looking for clarification.. I'm a noob. :P

bjporter wrote:FYI I don't think we need to put any rules restrictions on this month.

In case it is allowed to use custom waves: you can find the Adventure Kid Waveforms (AKWF) prepared for Fathom in the topic viewtopic.php?f=1&t=500964.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Yeah .. would like a bit of clarification on this .. do you truly mean no rule restrictions whatsoever?

Return to “Instruments”