hivkorn wrote:sound demo ?....
dl the demo and listen to it for yourself,
not like its a 500gb omnibloat all day wait. :idea:

dont even have to use the installer. the DLL is in the zip file :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

i install plugins just before purchase , i don't like to mess with demo ( removing , ....)

You just have to copy a dll over, that's all!

I liked :

* you can assign which oscillators get processed by the filter; this is lacking on many synths
* resizable gui (albeit the gui isn't all that tastefull)

I disliked:

* The sound (based on some fast preset browsing and checking out the filter). It sounds quite digital and harsh.
I like U-he synths a lot more. Zebra is (for me) way better than this beta version.
* Not a big fan of virtual cables (but the synth isn't that difficult)

Stefken wrote:* The sound (based on some fast preset browsing and checking out the filter). It sounds quite digital and harsh
Yeah the sound hasn't grabbed me as much as the lovely Bassline-101 or U-No-LX so far - Though I think that's the 'cleanness' of the oscillators more than anything. But we're still at pre-v1 so I'm interested to see how things progress

Still haven't worked out how to get this original theme back:

Someone who has the original gui can screenshot the colours and post for you.
I already changed mine.
rsp
sound sculptist

Trash all preferences...

mcbpete wrote:
Something like this

Stefken wrote: Zebra is (for me) way better than this beta version.
Bad news, granted that I never thought that Zebra sounds particularly good. I hoped for some analogue fatness + good soudning FM.

Well, I have to test it myself anyway.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ere2learn wrote:
mcbpete wrote:
Something like this

Strangely I just installed on pc for the first time and this was the default colours I got.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Not a bug,I changed default as well & just tried to adjust it from memory

Dunno if i do something wrong, but, i don't get any sound out of oscillator 2 in the demo. The per oscillator unison is very confusing as well. The Mix parameter seems to control the mix of the unison voices, so, it has to be cranked all the way up for the unison to take affect. I am not sure what it (Mix) controls actually.

Stefken wrote: I like U-he synths a lot more. Zebra is (for me) way better than this beta
whats the CPU hit compared to zebra though?

i like the snappy TAL filters and edgy osc's
its sound kind of reminds me of my HW AX-80
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Doesn't matter what colors you choose you're still stuck with the green buttons and readouts etc. Perhaps in a future version those can be edited as well. This sounds alright but who doesn't already have a folder full of VA plugins ? Anything new has to be something special or have a character that sets it apart from the rest of the pack. I'm just not hearing it so far. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote:Dunno if i do something wrong, but, i don't get any sound out of oscillator 2 in the demo.
You have to select a waveform for it to sound.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”