TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

AnX wrote:@TAL: Can we lose the cables a have a MM, as thats badically all it is. Much more user friendly.

Thanks

Come on, the cables are cute :hihi: A nice departure from the boring matrix. Must have taken quite some time to program the cable connections in terms of design ...
The only problem might be that it gets kind of crowded when using many cables.

Actually, I believe it's a great idea to have both!

An extended visually matrix in the bottom which is synchronised with the cable connections and vice versa.

The advantage of the matrix is especially valuable when there are many cable connections. It also would be familiar to work with for many of us I guess as a modulations grid info.
Last edited by EnGee on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote:
I think a matrix would be contrary to the overall concept and not clearly arranged
What is the overall concept? It's not a true emulation of a known hardware!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote:Actually, I believe it's a great idea to have both!

An extended visually matrix in the bottom which is synchronised with the cable connections and vice versa.

The advantage of the matrix is especially valuable when there are many cable connections. It also would be familiar to work with for many of us I guess as a modulations grid info.
+1 to this. I personally do not feel as comfortable with a matrix as with the cables, and the cables more emulate modular hardware, which I think is good to know in case I ever get into that. I'm using Reason so cabling stuff is the norm now for me and I get a better sense of what is going on with the visual cables myself. If there were a matrix though, it gives a different sort of overview in itself that is useful, and good to know how to use, and also in Reason 10 instruments. I hope this eventually happens, but for now I'd maybe like another LFO, another Mod ENV, and modulation for the effects first. Just my personal priority opinion of course. I am just loving how the plugin is evolving, and how responsive Patrick is. It is exactly the sort of synth I was looking for, something that can make good space rock sounds that was fun to program and not confounding to understand. I can't wait for 1.0.3 ;) Great stuff TAL!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Great to have a third envelope , but the sliders really are too narrow..they are the same width as my mouse pointer when scale is set to default .
Really kills the flow
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Great to have a third envelope , but the sliders really are too narrow..they are the same width as my mouse pointer when scale is set to default .
Really kills the flow
wow, i was going to comment about the narrow, smaller size of the sliders. i think the LFO sections could be made more narrow and good sized slider knobs with the same texture as the rotary knobs would be good.

see, this was the sort of thing that went into the OBXD gui, size, position, space usage...all that. it was quite a learning experience to have the forum
give suggestions.
Last edited by layzer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Think I found another bug with the new update .
Set talmod to 1 voice ( no glide )
AMP envelope release to zero .
Create a few notes in the sequencer .;
Result : every second note is skipped

Is this because someone asked to fix the clicky noise with fast realease , I really don't hope so .( douche :)

If I place a couple of 16th notes after each other without a note off(using renoise here ) , every second note is skipped .( when release is 0 and voices set to 1 )
Also set attack to 0
decay to 0.30
sustain to 0
release to 0.30
Impossible now to create a snappy bassline in the sequencer when talmod is set to 1 voice , and again it skips every second note .
This is a deal breaker for me :cry:
Here's the preset ( bug )
https://app.box.com/s/w33k8b3om6fe9r8yao4kw3l4hexh4dti
Eyeball exchanging

resistent wrote:
(d) A multiplier / multiples with basic math function would be a great addition and maybe a third lfo or loopable ADSR ?[/b]
Amen to that
Eyeball exchanging

I assume that the more he adds, the more complex it gets, potentially introducing more bugs.

Basically he has to draw a line somewhere and soon, because once people start to make sound sets for it, it is hard to add new features, change envelope and other behaviors etc. as it would ruin existing presets.

/* whitenoise */

PatchAdamz wrote:Some more fun with Tal-Mod:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... -tal-mod-1
I love all these cinematographic atmospheres and ambiences that you create with TAL-U-NO-LX and now with TAL-Mod !
:love:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

gentleclockdivider wrote:Great to have a third envelope , but the sliders really are too narrow..they are the same width as my mouse pointer when scale is set to default .
Really kills the flow
Maybe it would help rearranging the controls, like on the image attached...

It uses the same space as the new, smaller envelope sections, but the bars are much wider. No space for the Shape labels, though...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”