which are the best reaktor instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Here's another great list some blog put together. This has some gems:
https://www.beatlabacademy.com/top-12-i ... -download/
Interesting list, would not be my list. I think that this comes a lot down to how one defines "best" with respect to their own needs. I'm not disagreeing that there are some decent choices in there as well as some that a bit more off the beaten path, there are.
Oh yeah I agree, it would not be my top 12 either, but there is some really quality stuff there and a few that I hadn't noticed before.
There's also some fairly weak stuff in there though. The "Juno" clone is typical of the worst of Reaktor IMHO. It's the equivalent of a K-Brown synth done in Reaktor. It's not even as good as a Juno clone could be just using the built in primary modules. The Juno does not have a four pole high pass filter.

Exactly my thoughts , some plugs have a nice gui but rely on the ancient primary blocks , nothing wrong with that ..but we have a library of fantastic sounding zdf filters etc..
What's even worse is that some noobs upload these as blocks , disregarding the important block standard rule .
Sure, rules can be bend , but in order to maintain the highest possible quality ( audio rate modulation ) , the block rule has to be applied .
That being said ..imho the best ensembles/blocks are those bundled with reaktor , and michael hatrick , salamanderanagram , etc ...
ANd of course my own :D ...it took me a couple of years before I was confident enough to upload some stuff , not just wiring some basic modules and slapping on a gui .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
danbroad wrote:Jaw dropped by Polyplex

Photone, Carbon 1/2, Razor for synths.
molekular, boscomac for fx.

Oh ya Polyplex is very useful. I always forget about it. And +1 for Boscomac, amazing ensembles.
Boscomac stuff is fantastic.

gentleclockdivider wrote: What's even worse is that some noobs upload these as blocks , disregarding the important block standard rule .
Sure, rules can be bend , but in order to maintain the highest possible quality ( audio rate modulation ) , the block rule has to be applied.
What is the "Block Rule"?

I just completed a huge project for an outdoor neon light and sound event, and virtually all of the synthesis used was Reaktor (there's a bit of Live's new Wavetable synth and Operator in there as well). Along some Kontakt libraries for orchestra, etc. and Abbey Road drums, Reaktor covered virtually everything else.

Polyplex was used extensively (though it eats more CPU than you'd think), along with Kontour (a new favorite, though I almost exclusively used presets!). Boscomac found his way in there quite a bit, as well as Geetar 1.1b, which I Iove, and seems to have been removed from the library.

Interestingly, we were supposed to tie in with Moogfest (here in Raleigh, NC), and have a rack of Minitaur as well as two Sub37s. We got the Subs (I get to keep one :hyper: ), but the Minitaurs fell through, and for technical reasons we chose to use the Subs only for live performance. So the bass and a lot of mono leads fell to Monark, which more than holds its own. Quite a number of arps use Rounds, and the mix of analog / digital always makes for some unique tracks.

The whole thing runs on a Dell XPS 15 with nothing bounced to audio. Without Reaktor we'd have spent orders of magnitude more on software; the thing is a ridiculous bargain.

The Infrastructure synth in the user library is a treat.

For sh*ts and giggles, I love to run Newscool, sample some to audio and slice in Live to a drum rack. Instant awesomness!

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ns.335081/
Perhaps the new killer app is among them...

martinjuenke wrote: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ns.335081/
cloudlab ftw !!!

Some amazing work there, the new EMS clone is outstanding, so is the sax, got to try them all yet.

martinjuenke wrote:https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ns.335081/
Good one, thanks!

taldt33 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:39 pm Don't forget the fantastic ones by Boscomac http://boscomac.free.fr/
Kinda reminds me of Korgs Gadget synths
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:03 pm https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ns.335081/
Thanks for this link. I’ve never seen most of the ensembles on that list.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

From another thread, as i didn't want to take it offtopic:
ghettosynth wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:42 pm There's an entire history of people complaining about the sound of Reaktor and this is based on the old primary modules.
Does anyone know if there's a way to find out when, and with which Reaktor version the Primary modules were created? Just wondering, because, indeed, some of them appear a bit long in the teeth now.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:58 pm From another thread, as i didn't want to take it offtopic:
ghettosynth wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:42 pm There's an entire history of people complaining about the sound of Reaktor and this is based on the old primary modules.
Does anyone know if there's a way to find out when, and with which Reaktor version the Primary modules were created? Just wondering, because, indeed, some of them appear a bit long in the teeth now.
I don't know, but, the ones that matter the most, e.g., the filters, have been around for decades going all the way back to the earliest versions of Reaktor. I don't think that there have been any new primary filter modules since v5 which was in the Komplete 5 blowout back in 2009.

It's pretty much SOP for me to replace them when I encounter them in important places in old ensembles that I want to use. I leave them alone when they're used in simple unmodulated contexts with low or no resonance, but any filter that is resonant and on the audio path will usually be replaced with something from core.

Alright, thanks. I built a phaser from a tutorial from ADSR, and, it sounded a bit ordinary, which i guess is due to the sound of the allpass filters, and some of the other filters also sounded a bit mediocre to me. Ok, no problem for me, as i'm just learning the basic, and don't want to build anything fancy. I just wondered what is old, and what is not.

I also saw that there are partly some extreme differences between CPU consumption. One of the filters (not sure now if that was a macro or module) used 20-30% while idling. :D Guess that's some of the newer stuff (lol).

chk071 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:43 pm Alright, thanks. I built a phaser from a tutorial from ADSR, and, it sounded a bit ordinary, which i guess is due to the sound of the allpass filters, and some of the other filters also sounded a bit mediocre to me. Ok, no problem for me, as i'm just learning the basic, and don't want to build anything fancy. I just wondered what is old, and what is not.

I also saw that there are partly some extreme differences between CPU consumption. One of the filters (not sure now if that was a macro or module) used 20-30% while idling. :D Guess that's some of the newer stuff (lol).
Yes, phasors really need higher quality filters, that peaking sound that you hear is common with older filter designs. And yes, you will notice a huge difference in CPU consumption.

Some of the newer filters are both ZDF and oversampled and so they can really chew up the power. You don't always have to go that route though. If find the x3 ladder and SVF core modules from R5 to be useful enough in many contexts.

I can't recall if those are still in R6, they pulled a bunch of useful stuff from the standard library when they went to R6. You can find quite a few variants of this sort of thing in the library though.

Return to “Instruments”