Kontakt updated to 5.8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

Jace-BeOS wrote: Now I want to remove items from Native Access that aren't on my machine (Blocks Wired, which is duplicate content once you have the full version of Reaktor 6), but NA has zero facility for removing products. WTAF is that about? No uninstall tool?

[Edit: yes I removed it manually, but NA still lists it as installed, but broken].
Download and run (with administrator privileges) NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe - that's all you have to do.

EDIT: I forgot you are in OS X. Currently, I don't know a solution for Mac. :oops:
Fernando (FMR)

Guenon wrote:
chk071 wrote:As Adobe's products already are the standard on which many learn their craft on, it's also not much of a surprise for me that they keep using it when they're making money with what they're doing. And that Adobe charges quite a lot for it, when it is that widespread.
If there's only one person around who can make hammers, and people widely use those hammers, and in time it seems everyone is practically using only those hammers, the hammer maker can of course try to enforce a rental only policy. Hammers as service. But the hammers themselves just aren't a service. They exist as is, and they can be used as is, without intervention from the hammer maker. You can call the delivery and maintenance and education on and restoration of hammers a service, of course, and charge fairly based on those services. But the tool itself seen as a service is artificial exploitation of a monopoly, and after waiting a while, a model like that will be challenged every time.
Only that there always were several companies which built hammers, and Adobe obviously produced the best hammers, and that's why people use them. For example, there was Quark Express before Adobe InDesign took over as the most used DTP software. Obviously, Quark didn't quite get their software into the 21st century, so Adobe overtook them. There are also gazillions of picture editing programs, yet most professionals use Photoshop. I don't know if their other products are also that far ahead of the competition, i think Premiere, Audition, and others don't have that industry standard status.

Anyway, this thread was about NI, wasn't it? Why were they even compared with Adobe in the first place? :lol:

chk071 wrote:There are also gazillions of picture editing programs, yet most professionals use Photoshop:
That's what I was thinking about, yes. As in, it seems everyone is using that hammer indeed ;)

How ever many hammer makers there are, the hammer itself still isn't a service, of course. I just exemplified a case where the monopoly is clear cut. However, in any situation where one particular hammer approaches the status of "oh well, most professionals use that hammer", the hammers as service exploitation of a monopoly might start sounding lucrative, yeah :D

And yep, quite far removed from NI it is. Sorry about that.

chk071 wrote:It is really beyond me how people find all the time in the world to write novels here, but can't find the respective Knowledge Base articles... https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... X-Computer

Really, the NI threads opened here ATM really make me want to pull my hair out. Guess i'll retreat for now.
Seems to me, that some oldfashioned guys want to decide by themselves which files are at which place on their oldfashioned harddisk driven by an oldfashioned operating system and then wonder that some procedures do not work properly anymore.
Perhaps an upgrade to a contemporary system is a sine qua non to run contemporary software.
Just my 2 cent...

martinjuenke wrote:Seems to me, that some oldfashioned guys want to decide by themselves which files are at which place on their oldfashioned harddisk driven by an oldfashioned operating system
Leaving the "oldfashioned" out of that, since there are obviously very good reasons why also a very informed professional user would want to select file locations manually.

To the points on the actual systems, not just in the case of NI but generally: if a company officially lists a machine type / operating system as compatible and supported, the software product needs to work on that system as intended. If there are any situations where the actual relevant solution is "upgrade your system", even though the current system is completely included in the scope of official compatibility, blaming the user for not having a "contemporary system" is mere rhetorics. The point is, if the system is listed as compatible, the product really needs to be supported on that system from the company's side, otherwise the description of the product is false.

Return to “Instruments”