Kontakt updated to 5.8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

Guenon wrote:All it would do is, pose a risk of having to do completely unnecessary troubleshooting and reinstalling of numerous 3rd party libraries, trying to get this work "just because."
But NA does recognize all your installed libraries, there are no problems there. You wouldn't need to reinstall any of them. In fact, SC and NA nicely coexist on the same system over here. I basically have SC for some old products like Pro-53 and Kore 2 and its soundpacks. Nothing else.

I have plenty of NI stuff, which I use all the time. At least 50 3rd party Kontakt libraries, and even old EWQL pre-Play libraries, not to mention the Komplete 11 Ultimate and all its products.

Great respect to the NI, especially Reaktor instruments and effects have been a really great addition, which bring modern sounds and GUI innovations to the NI family.

But I have to say, that the Native Access has been partly a catastrophe. The worst handicap, and a total blind spot for the NI developers, seems to be the scenario, where the user has to re-active already installed NI products.

E.g. if you have installed the 1 TB Kontakt and Reatori libraries, and you have to re-install the plugins, adding the new-installed plugins to the existing libraries is one example of this scenarion.

I wonder how this is a new thing for the NI people, because I believe that need to add existing libraries is rather common. Adding the 3rd party library is no problem, because those have separate reg.codes, but NI Komplete bundle libraries do not have separate reg.numbers.

And for some reason it seems to be difficult for the NI to add this feature to the Nartice Access. They have worked in this matter now over a year, no solution yet. They dilver crutches to their clients rather than fix the basic problem. One form of crutches is the advice to downgrade the Kontakt to the ver. 5.6 which includes the old add-library command.

This inability to fix such a basic flaw in the Native Access, their core product management tool, does not give a very good picture of the company. :?

Zombie Queen wrote:but in the end it can pass as a minor annoyance.
So you went from:
Zombie Queen wrote:What an appalling piece of excrement NA is
To a minor annoyance ?

Funny things these forums are..... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

rasmusklump wrote:you really want to support such a company ?
This is not a football club situation, support has nothing to do with this. Kontakt is greatly useful tool, Native Access is not so great so far, but I find it worth the trouble to get Kontakt up to date.
Teksonik wrote:So you went from:
Zombie Queen wrote:What an appalling piece of excrement NA is
To a minor annoyance ?
Yeah, it pissed me off, I'm in the middle of making something in Kontakt and having it locked out was not something I was looking for. Thanks to the tip from fmr, I was able to fix it quickly and I cooled off. What can I say, I can be passionate about those things. Also, new Kontakt features makes my plan a lot simpler to program.

Yea still no fix for the 3rd party library content bug. Gotta rebuild? Shit outta luck. Downgrade your kontakt and hope that shit dont f*ck your settings. If it aint kontakt then native access needs some work bad.

For the record I've had Native Access on this system for a couple of weeks and it seems to be performing well but I didn't have any sample content installed yet, not even the factory content. It just did the Kontakt update without incidence and it's showing all my official sample content available for download and installation.

So it's not that I'm an Access hater it's just the transition from the old Service Center to Access on my studio computer that gives me some concern. I don't want to have to faff about rolling back to an older version of Kontakt in case something breaks.

Right now everything is working perfectly and this update to Kontakt isn't so impressive that I feel a need to install it in the studio. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sadly East West RA is still not working even after rolling back to 5.7.3

I have no idea why all of a sudden it has stopped working, all was fine in 5.7.3 but since installing the 5.8 nothing I do seems to make it work again.

5.6.6 works fine but any recent projects where RA was used in 5.7.3 wont load now as Kontakt complains "A newer version was used"

Proving RA did work in 5.7.3 but even after deleting all plist files still I get the error.

"
Your new Library needs to be added before this

Instrument can be used. Please go to Kontakt's

Libraries tab and press the Add Library button."

Exactly how I have it here... just can't run it from 5.6.8 onward.

VERY odd how it was working in 5.7.3

EvilDragon wrote:Exactly how I have it here... just can't run it from 5.6.8 onward.

CanoP wrote:In favour of a petition me too. I don't want to connect my tower pc to the internet there's not even the telephone line in that room. All I can do is get the key code on my laptop or phone!!! What the hell is that??? :o
We should make one and distribute it as widely as possible!

I did a brief websearch, and someone on Quora said that for "niche" petitions (which this definitely would be) thepretitionsite.com is a good and free way to get one going.
Michael

Isn't RA already a Play library? Does it have any advantage to run it in Kontakt still?
Fernando (FMR)

3 reasons

1.I can freely edit, manipulate RA in kontakt
2.It runs better
3.and most important Play version is $99 to upgrade and seeing as I bought it when it was at a premium price. screw that.
fmr wrote:Isn't RA already a Play library? Does it have any advantage to run it in Kontakt still?

topaz wrote:3 reasons

2.It runs better
3.and most important Play version is $99 to upgrade and seeing as I bought it when it was at a premium price. screw that.
fmr wrote:Isn't RA already a Play library? Does it have any advantage to run it in Kontakt still?
Fair enough. Good reasons. I also have the Symphonic Choirs in Kontakt version, and what they want to "upgrade" it to the Play version is outrageous. And they charge to upgrade to the latest version of Play too, now.
Fernando (FMR)

indeed, upgrade should of been free. or at least a lot less.
fmr wrote:
topaz wrote:3 reasons

2.It runs better
Fair enough. Good reasons. I also have the Symphonic Choirs in Kontakt version, and what they want to "upgrade" it to the Play version is outrageous. And they charge to upgrade to the latest version of Play too, now.

Fixed it on Mac, basically deleted all traces or Native Access except the App itself.

Restarted Kontakt, reloaded library.... working in 5.7.3 and 5.8

Return to “Instruments”