One Synth Challenge #111: Crust by Eugene Yakshin (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I suppose you could have a daw-less OSC and just do a sequence within VCV

VCV rack is really good. For OSC we would have to find ways for everyone to flow audio out of the rack, record it, and then re-mix in your fav DAW! Possible I think, but 1 month is probably not long enough.

I have done some patches already. Great fun … this is a way to lose many days of your life playing around!

dB

doctorbob wrote:...we would have to find ways for everyone to flow audio out of the rack, record it, and then re-mix in your fav DAW!...
Yeah.. there's no way I'd have time for that. :neutral:

VCV Rack scares me! Seriously, though, I would love to get acquainted with the thing. Perhaps it could be a long-term challenge alongside the regular ones - announce it three months ahead, then run regular OSCs for the first two months and dedicate the last full month to VCV Rack? Something like that? It would probably still be too little time for me to wrap my head around it, but it would be more than interesting to see what people came up with.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Could also wait until more VST implementation is complete, although not sure when that would be :)

For those of us who remember - VCV rack is very like patching up Moog modules in the thar olden days! I suppose Reason is a little like it, but you are really not patching much more than I/O there. Some of the patching on the Moogs was less than intuitive! Mind you, we don't have to patch and wait a few days for the modules to temperature stabilise! Emeron's crew were forever replacing modules to get a stable setup ahead of a concert. Probably the same went for Tangerine Dream as well - the concert I went to had the stack running for a couple of days before the concert in 1973!

I'll have a play and see if I can find a reasonable workflow.

dB

Where can I DL a virtual screwdriver and a virtual quantum physics degree? Gonna need both to even think about VCV :-o

It will be interesting to see how vst gets implemented in the future.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote:Where can I DL a virtual screwdriver and a virtual quantum physics degree? Gonna need both to even think about VCV :-o

It will be interesting to see how vst gets implemented in the future.
Not that bad, viewtopic.php?p=7089508#p7089508
BTW, thank you for the extra write up on your track submission. Very helpful and informative. :tu:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

https://soundcloud.com/jasinski/burnt-toast

Entry is done.

Made in Live 10 Suite.
41 Instances.
Effects:
Drum bus, Reverb, Compressor, Glue Compressor, Saturation, Limiter, Echo, Ping Pong Delay, EQ8, Multiband Compression.

3rd party effects:
OTT, CamelCrusher, LoudMax

It is starting to hurt my ears so I guess I'm done.

https://soundcloud.com/user-213640358/g ... bat-hazard

Ableton Live 9
28xCrust

Live Eq8 x 24
Live Autofilter x 4
Live Glue Compressor x 3
Live Compressor x 8
Live Utility x 2
Live Auto Pan x 4
Live Reverb x 10
Live Ping Pong Delay x 2
Live Limiter x 1

IVGI2 x 2

I know, it's crazy, but I'll try to make a song today. I mean, I had a small beginning, but I'll try to push through.
One thing I notice right now, is that the filter envelope's release doesn't seem to do anything, or have I missed something on that?
I noticed a number of things, of course, but that right now just puzzled me one too many times, hehe. :shrug:

@Taron you should be able to hear the release if flt env sustain stage is not zero.

Yeah, I don't quite. I'm using version 0.7.5, by the way, haven't checked for an update?!
So, yeah, nope, release appears to be completely ignored. If set flt to 0, env to 100%, (flt env:) attack 0, decay 0, sustain 100%, release 0%, while the amp envelope has a long release, it goes to the sustain level of the filter and never releases it! Decay seems to keep going down as long as the sound itself releases, but that's about it.

@Taron PM you :)

OSC #111 Crust Track & FX List
Windows 10x64 Reaper 5.80x64
28 tracks
Monitoring FX - JS:Oscilloscope, JS:Goniometer, SPAN and ReaStream
18 @ Crust (Eugene Yakshin)
16 @ ReaEQ (Cockos)
12 @ PurestGain (airwindows)
4 @ ReaGate (Cockos), Wider (airwindows),
3 @ ReaXcomp (Cockos) & Sonitus:fx Delay
2 @ W1 Limiter (George Yohng), LoudMax 64bit (Thomas Mundt), JS: midi triggered velocity-senistive audio/CC flexible DADSR envelope, ReaComp (Cockos), JS:Delay w/Tempo Ping Pong, Roth-AIR (Rothmann) & SC Delay (Stagecraft Software)
1@ TDR VOS SlickEQ (Tokyo Dawn Labs), TDR Nova (Tokyo Dawn Labs), TDR Kotelnikov (Tokyo Dawn Labs), Abstract Chamber (Signaldust), OrilRiver (Denis Tihanov), Highpass (airwindows), OTT (Xfer Records), Transpire (Sonic Anomaly), Density (airwindows), JS: 3-band splitter, ReaDelay (Cockos), A1TriggerGate (A1AUDIO.de), A1StereoControl (A1AUDIO.de), SC AutoFilter (Stagecraft Software), Drive (airwindows), Spiral (airwindows), JS:Saturation & BlueARP (graywolf2004)
https://soundcloud.com/user-975888547/f ... ell-osc111
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Return to “Instruments”