The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
machinesworking
KVRian

1290 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from seattle

Postby machinesworking; Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:54 pm Re: KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Only do a new version when you really need to.

That would be nice wouldn't it? Its another reason I'm not compelled to upgrade until it's dirt cheap again.

Plus, and this is counter to the basic reason for the existence of KVR! :hihi:
I really don't need a bunch of new content and sample libraries, I've been collecting VSTs and libraries for years as it stands.

Absynth, if they had given it some love I might be more tempted. It's old, tiny, with at the very least a need for newer code oscillators and filters but... :shrug:
vurt
addled muppet weed

36765 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass
machinesworking wrote:I really don't need a bunch of new content and sample libraries,

who are you and what have you done with machinesworking?
machinesworking
KVRian

1290 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from seattle
vurt wrote:
machinesworking wrote:I really don't need a bunch of new content and sample libraries,

who are you and what have you done with machinesworking?

OK I do need a good choir, a children's one. If 12 had one marked "Pro" I would buy the CE version yesturday, because that's how I roll. 100GB of sounds for the .5GB I want. :borg: :hihi:
vurt
addled muppet weed

36765 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass
that's better!
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6121 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:24 pm Re: KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

EvilDragon wrote:They've been adding small and not so small number of new features for 6 years into Kontakt 5, making it the single most long-lived version number of Kontakt ever. At some point you gotta make the cut. :)

Also, this time around, there's no version number in the plugin name. It's just "Kontakt". Maybe that means we're going for more continuous/agile update cycles from this point onward, and no "Kontakt 7" or others ("this is the last version of Windows, ever"), I guess time will tell.

Actually I’m glad to hear that they ditched the version number.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
dangayle
KVRian

662 posts since 29 Mar, 2014
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:They've been adding small and not so small number of new features for 6 years into Kontakt 5, making it the single most long-lived version number of Kontakt ever. At some point you gotta make the cut. :)

Also, this time around, there's no version number in the plugin name. It's just "Kontakt". Maybe that means we're going for more continuous/agile update cycles from this point onward, and no "Kontakt 7" or others ("this is the last version of Windows, ever"), I guess time will tell.

Actually I’m glad to hear that they ditched the version number.

I wish iZotope would do that. I have a bunch of tracks with Neutron 1 all over them, it would be really nice if I could just open them up and have them work with all the new features. I would be totally ok with rolling updates.
sureno
KVRian

705 posts since 4 May, 2008, from West London Depot
If you pre order do you get immediate access to everything that has been released to date?
jsp1979
KVRAF

2840 posts since 7 Aug, 2008
sureno wrote:If you pre order do you get immediate access to everything that has been released to date?

Doubtful.
kovacs
KVRAF

2380 posts since 5 Dec, 2003, from Harlan's World
sureno wrote:If you pre order do you get immediate access to everything that has been released to date?

No.

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ow.335669/
Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6121 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:19 pm Re: KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

You access to everything that is up currently included and released when you get your serial number.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
sureno
KVRian

705 posts since 4 May, 2008, from West London Depot
thanks for the input guys
mickbenjamins
KVRist

52 posts since 22 Mar, 2017, from Berlin, Germany
noiseboyuk wrote:No comments yet from anyone on Maschine Essentials - is this buyable without hardware? Details seem scarce.

Maschine Essentials = the full Maschine software and Maschine Factory Library Selection. You get 1.6GB of sounds instead of 8GB
mickbenjamins
KVRist

2NDMOUSE wrote:I was interested in Massive X, until I seen it lol. Aesthetically, its more like a massive disappointment..............but.....im aware you can't please ALL the people ALL of the time.
I don't see any reason to update from Komplete 10 as I bought Reaktor 6 and Molekular separately. Maschine mk 2 still works fine.

Remind me of this post in Feb 2019 :wink:
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2395 posts since 25 Jan, 2007
mickbenjamins wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:No comments yet from anyone on Maschine Essentials - is this buyable without hardware? Details seem scarce.

Maschine Essentials = the full Maschine software and Maschine Factory Library Selection. You get 1.6GB of sounds instead of 8GB

Thanks. Is the rest of that 8GB just the 5 or so expansions they bundled with some hardware?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
mickbenjamins
KVRist

noiseboyuk wrote:
mickbenjamins wrote:

Thanks. Is the rest of that 8GB just the 5 or so expansions they bundled with some hardware?

These arent Expansion, but with Maschine you always got their Factory Library, which is a 8GB library with samples. With Mikro MK3 you get a selection of that library, hence the name
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments