Europa Shapeshifting Synth - 1st VST/AU by Propellerhead

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Europa Pro Expansion

THE INTRANCER wrote:I think people are falling into an Reason upgrade trap here... they did the same thing with Rack Extension's, dangle a carrot strategy, like "hay.. look we made a VST out of one of our instruments, oh you can get it free if you upgrade, before a certain date"... They will trickle feed this tactic to you over the next few years...till that stops being effective.

I mean Propellerheads have already stated that there WILL BE NO NEW VERSION OF REASON THIS YEAR. The reality is that.. Propellerheads take their user base for mugs, and they have been doing this for years now, ever since the intervention of RE's... Seriously, they have been playing every trick in the book... Spamming people with emails about RE's constantly, ripping people off with bundles, half price sales.. and all of which you'll never be able to sell including this VST...

This was one of the main reasons I switched daws, because of their marketing tricks they use and pulled...

Even this offer is a slap in the face for Propellerhead users themselves and they can't even see that. This a native instrument that is supposed to be exclusive to those who own Reason, but no... they give it away so it's not, and people swallow the bait that's it's some how dumbed down because it''s not in the rack.. but he reality is, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, it's still the same instrument. But Reason fanboi's will hail them with gratitude... yet the fundamental problem they are skirting around is the 18 year old tiny rack they created and has never been bigger than it is now in height and actual width, a core part of the program. And remember boys and girls...VST was right on the table 10 years ago.

Propellerheads don't care about their users, they only care about the money and their share holders.
Your lack of “reason” is definitely obvious here. :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

THE INTRANCER wrote:
This was one of the main reasons I switched daws, because of their marketing tricks they use and pulled...
Oh that's good, since you seem soooo happy with your new DAW.... :roll: (check the studio one threads, lol)

The rest of the post is either factually incorrect, or logically incoherent, so... whatever.

Europa is my personal Predator 3.0. Had a lot from his workflow from V1. I still like the VST Version of it but the RE looks less inspired to me.

ShawnG wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:
Oh that's good, since you seem soooo happy with your new DAW.... :roll: (check the studio one threads, lol)

The rest of the post is either factually incorrect, or logically incoherent, so... whatever.
I'm pretty happy with Studio One 3.56 actually and most of the subsequent updates that didn't evoke some weird behavior, and I have not even upgraded to 4.0.... i.e. actually bought it, but I am trialing the software to make sure that when I do upgrade that the problems are seen to and that people are made aware of them, besides the improvements that can be made.

What I've mentioned is true ( with future predictions ), and based upon my own experience and others... but there's a large section of their user base completely oblivious, to what has gone on in past years...because they were not there or simply blind sighted to it all... But hay if you or anyone else here want's to throw caution to the wind...by all means... you do that. It will be you paying for it at the end of the day in some way or another....

Paid versions / Non Paid versions.... I didn't differentiate in my previous post as I though it was pretty clear what I was meaning, but what Propellerheads did imply was maintenance updates for the current Reason product which is different.

I'll leave this for you....

Props hold their cards close to their chest... but just like the game of poker, you can tell a lot from their body language :P...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:
ShawnG wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:

Props hold their cards close to their chest... but just like the game of poker, you can tell a lot from their body language :P...
I will have to agree with you on this one. I remember giving us free upgrade and everybody sang a song about it and the true intention behind has never been noticed but in reality it was to put everybody on Rack extension pool. Hey there is nothing generous about it.

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Just it took you 15 years to figure this out
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Installed the demo, played with a few patches, tweaked a few knobs and then said "nah.." and uninstalled it.

It just doesn't inspire me.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Installed the demo, played with a few patches, tweaked a few knobs and then said "nah.." and uninstalled it.

It just doesn't inspire me.
This way nothing can inspire you :hihi:

I really like this synth, I do wish it had an arpeggiator & step sequencer though.

simmo75 wrote:I really like this synth, I do wish it had an arpeggiator & step sequencer though.
Or it could host VSTi's like Nora or the free Blue Arp and VST step sequencers.
Wish all the VST Instruments able to host other VST's as when it comes to arps hard to beat Nora, Blue Arp, Kirnu and Cthulhu.

I upgraded Reason 10 because I was interested in Europa (and the price difference wasn't that big... I rarely use Reason btw)... but my main daw is Cubase 9.5, so I can't enjoy it for the time being (it's blacklisted and it crashes Cubase).
I hope they will fix it soon, before I finish my studio rebuild...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
simmo75 wrote:I really like this synth, I do wish it had an arpeggiator & step sequencer though.
Wish all the VST Instruments able to host other VST's as when it comes to arps hard to beat Nora, Blue Arp, Kirnu and Cthulhu.
A reCombinator VST/AU to host Rack Extensions and Players inside would do the trick, besides giving a taste of CV (and audio) patching while easily handling keyb regions for splitting/layering, etc and also providing mod Macros that some are missing in Europa :)

koshdukai wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
A reCombinator VST/AU to host Rack Extensions and Players inside would do the trick, besides giving a taste of CV (and audio) patching while easily handling keyb regions for splitting/layering, etc and also providing mod Macros that some are missing in Europa :)
Actually, this is a great idea. A VST/AU Combinator can act as a wrapper for Rack Extension. So it is kind of a VST Reason. That has great advantages. First, PH doesn't need to convert their RE code, they just sell the RE and you are free to use it inside a VST Combinator or a traditional Reason. Secondly, we will have all the cabling and modulations inside Combinator.

I believe this will be an inevitable step for PH. But they should act swiftly, not after a decade when no one would care!

A RE host VST would probably be too much work for them and take away from Reason sales. Also It would probably involve them paying the code meter guys a ton more to write protection into the VST.
:borg:

I first thought the Europa VST was Codemeter protected actually. Already had nightmares from not being able to uninstall the Codemeter stuff, after i trialed Europa. :lol: I once had severe issues getting rid of it, after i uninstalled a Reason trial version. Found no way to do that, and, ended up just removing the Codemeter process from starting at Windows start.

Return to “Instruments”