NEW Free Electric Piano (the one used by Led Zeppelin: Hohner Electra T)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there! We've just released our first Electric Piano. Inspired in a rare and vintage Hohner Electra T. Free to download and try it here >>> http://sampleson.com/electrix-rare-electric-piano.html (http://sampleson.com/electrix-rare-electric-piano.html)
Feel free to download it. Opinions are needed :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-830166644/s ... ctrix-demo

Used with some parallel saturation it works very well and realistic! ;-)

I just gave it a quick go earlier today and it's very cool. Since you guys are new, and looking for feedback, I hope you don't mind me making a few quick suggestions:

1. I'm on a 1920x1080 24" screen and the GUI is kinda small. I'd suggest going quite a bit larger, if not offering resizing. On my 4k 15" laptop in Studio One (which has no plugin resizing), this would be pretty much unusable at this size.

2. Not sure what value the empty black section at the top of the GUI is adding, but I'd suggest getting rid of it. Unless you plan on adding something there.

3. About the sound, it's very cool. I do think the plugin would greatly benefit by the inclusion of some Velocity Curve controls, and maybe even a separate control for Dynamics. Playing on my Roland System-8, the velocity curve just felt off to me in that some notes/velocities were too low for my playing style or that particular keyboard. I've got two Wurlie's (a 120 I'm looking to find a home for and a 200 I just had fully restored) and a Rhodes, and even at low velocities, none is quite as dynamic and quiet as this. Plus, just so much is just up to individual taste and playing style. For a more 1:1 comparison, the response of the Keyscape Pianet T jives much better, and it may just be that Keyscape offers much more control over the response.

Anyway, thanks for the great instrument. I'll definitely throw a few bucks your way.

+1 on the need for a velocity curve control. I think that cranking the Phaser up to give a super neat sound causes some velocity problems.

Hi guys!!!! thanks for trying it out. Im doing a list of improvements fro next releases and your inputs are so helpful for that!
-Velocity Curve
-Tuning knob
-Scalable UI
-expanded midi/audio panel for standalone
-volume control for note-releases
(feel free to add what you want)
Best
Augusto

I have to try this when I'm back home from my holiday - I own an Electra, however the normal one (which is also the one Led Zeppelin used) - not sure how much they differ...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sample based?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I believe it uses modeling.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Well done, Augusto. Grazie mille :tu:

filokvr wrote:Hi guys!!!! thanks for trying it out. Im doing a list of improvements fro next releases and your inputs are so helpful for that!
-Velocity Curve
-Tuning knob
-Scalable UI
-expanded midi/audio panel for standalone
-volume control for note-releases
(feel free to add what you want)
Best
Augusto
I donated after downloading this, because the sound helped me come up with a new tune, and I hope to use it again soon. That said, a scalable UI would be helpful, and some control of the velocity would definitely be useful.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Okay, I now tried it:

what I thought would be the hardest thing you basically got right and that is the sound of the tines...

the main sound component itself though sounds more like a synthesizer to me and - I am sorry to say - currently sounds nothing like a Electra.

Give me a shout if you need sound examples of a real Electra.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hi Jens!!!! thanks for your insights! Will be cool if you can drop me some recordings to hi at sampleson.com We are working on the main sound now. Just a question, yours is the upright wooden one right? not the suitcase model T

Thanks for this! Love everything-piano :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Usually I don't like things that live in that gray area between sounding synthetic and natural. I prefer things that are firmly one or the other. But this is cool because it can successfully pull off both based on context. In a dense mix, it sounds pretty realistically electro-mechanical; but when it is more exposed and with a little processing, it can sound very synthy in a cool way (especially the lower register).
Very nice for a free (or donation) instrument.

I think this sounds great with some reverberation to smooth out the modeling "synth" like character. Its still awesome, surprised its not getting more attention here.

The only issue I've noticed is in the stand alone version. One cannot select audio driver and it's not seeing my MIDI keyboard (only sees IK StealthPedal).

Great work and thank you! :)

Return to “Instruments”