One Synth Challenge #114: Crystal by Green Oak (mehum wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Crystal

Voted!

Voted - Sorry, not enough time for providing feedback on soundcloud.
Thanks for all who have left a comment on my track.

Voted and commented all the tracks. There were some very interesting tracks and many people went for experiments this month. Good luck everyone.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Voted.

Interesting month.

Code: Select all

Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick.

Soundcloud entry MUST have downloads enabled

The DAW/host, all FX used, and how many instances of the synth and FX was used.
The three rules above are a direct copy/paste from the official rules page https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/rules which is linked at the start of each monthly competition. All three are in the very first section of the page.
Only 38% of entrants managed to follow all three rules. I applaud those. :clap:
This also invalidates the notion that no one bothers with the basic rules since over 1/3rd of entrants did in fact follow them all.

76% did atleast follow two out of the three. And I can understand/sympathize with accidentally forgetting one once and awhile. I'm sure I have forgotten a time or two to tick the little box to enable download in my rush to get a track posted on time.

And almost 10% couldn't manage to follow a single one of the three. This I don't understand at all. Maybe if it was their first entry, but that is not the case here.

So it seems that most participants make at least some effort to comply with the requests made to them as a condition of participation. I wonder why there is a small portion that don't feel they need to bother?

Their loss of easy points in my 20 point personal voting system I guess. :shrug:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Voted. I gave 6x 4's, and 5x 5's. A lot of quality tracks :party: :party:

Voted.

"Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick." :oops:
This is only rule I don't follow. It kind of weird to have double artist name since soundcloud includes artist name. It looks weird and bad on soundcloud :oops: :P .

Ohh and I have voted.

TrojakEW wrote:"Soundcloud File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick." :oops:
This is only rule I don't follow. It kind of weird to have double artist name since soundcloud includes artist name. It looks weird and bad on soundcloud
Have you considered why such a rule might be in place other than to simply upset visual aesthetics of a Soundcloud page?
KVR and Soundcloud are seperate websites. Therefore it can be difficult/impossible to have the same username in both places. Especially if one joined one site long before the other. Or you can have the situation where the Soundcloud account the has the same username as the KVR account but the Soundcloud runs out of space and it forces the participant to create a new Soundcloud account which no longer matches the KVR account name..
So say we have KVR user 1JohnSmith27 and they decide to enter the OSC. They post a SC link in their entry called "Sunshine Daisy 87" under the Soundcloud name of 3BobJones45.
How might that situation impact the tallying of the votes?
No one named 3BobJones45 entered the contest, yet here are votes for 3BobJones45.
So now the person who donates their time to run the contest has to page through the whole thread to try and match 3BobJones45 to the KVR name 1JohnSmith27.
Now repeat that process for all the other tracks that don't follow the very first rule on the rule page.
Seems like an unnecessary waste of the volunteer's time to have to do that when the entrant could simply put their KVR username in the track name as requested by the rules.
And once the contest is over and voting results posted if an entrant does not like the visual aesthetic of having a redundant Artist name in their track title I'm pretty sure it would not be too big of a deal to edit the Soundcloud track name to be more aesthetically pleasing. :shrug:
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Voting ran.

As I see it, one reason for adding your KVR nickname to the soundcloud track title is that it is identifiable when voting. The page only shows track titles. Given that this isn't a blind voting system, it is nice to connect people to their work. I know it isn't a popularity contest, but it helps (for me at least) to connect the track details posted here to the track.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Frostline wrote:KVR and Soundcloud are seperate websites. Therefore it can be difficult/impossible to have the same username in both places. Especially if one joined one site long before the other. Or you can have the situation where the Soundcloud account the has the same username as the KVR account but the Soundcloud runs out of space and it forces the participant to create a new Soundcloud account which no longer matches the KVR account name..
So say we have KVR user 1JohnSmith27 and they decide to enter the OSC. They post a SC link in their entry called "Sunshine Daisy 87" under the Soundcloud name of 3BobJones45.
Ahh now you prove how dumb am I. :dog: It does really make a sense now :D.

Voted. Interesting group of songs this month -- very heavy on the electronica, for good reason. Thanks to all the contributors, it's always a fun listen!

Thanks Frostline, that makes sense to me now, too. Will change this month's track's title as soon as I get to it. Good to have you around :D

Sadly my internet access has been heavily restricted since I posted my track, so didn't really get the opportunity to add details or vote.
So I apologise and wish everyone luck :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Final Results: mehum is the Champion!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st mehum - The Curiously Quarrelsome Corundum Conundrum - 90pts

2nd TrojakEW - More & More - 86pts

3rd Trancemaster133 - Momentary Dream - 86pts

4th L-Ectrobit - LectroSky - 85pts

5th doctorbob - CrystallineSun - 85pts

6 PeterH - The Crystal Hunt 84pts
7 Timecrawler82 - Heartbeat 84pts
8 moviemovies1 - Infinite 82pts
9 Frostline - Frostline Lohi OSC114 81pts
10 VCA-089 - Crystalline Doom 81pts
12 OnTrackP - Living In the Analog World 81pts
dq bh9090 - (A) To Skydive 81pts
dq Eauson - This Is Drunken Monkey Style 81pts
14 liqih - Summer Night Gong 80pts
15 Leonard Bowman - Exploration And Spanish Dance 78pts
16 574x - The Fearless Scientist 78pts
17 d34dmeat - Crystal Palace 78pts
18 Onerob - Liquid Crystal Display 73pts
19 new kids on the block - avec vigeur 70pts
20 Darksynth FX - Strange Days 68pts
21 JKFlashico - Insane Scientist Experiments 64pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next winner down. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Awesome songs! :party: :party: Announcing long time OSC member RichardSemper is now an OSC organizer. Reach out to him or me for anything. Welcome Richard!

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... HcOGznsFNw

Return to “Instruments”