Microtonic Feature Suggestions Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Velocity for each note and seperate fill rate for each part would be great.

maybe a stupid question....
i'm using microtonic in fl studio and when press the play button, it plays a cool rhythm. but all the time.
after rendering it plays all the time.

???

Hey magnus -

Great product, has my vote for the best REAL [i.e. non-sample based] drum tool. I do have some suggestions though:

-A slider to change from sine-tri-square instead of 'static' choices the osc section: I know might involve some more complex coding [is waveshaping very cpu intensive these days?] but being able to do it in real-time could be really beautiful, especially if you could include this with my next idea...

-Basic Mod Matrix: A small new window that would track a source [e.g. amplitude, osc frequency] and apply it to a destination [osc shape, distortion amount, cutoff frequency, etc.] in addition to the pitch mod.

-Stereo width knob: which would basically incorporate a delay on one channel to give it the illusion of depth.

-Reverse trigger: plays a sound backwards [assignable to +1octave on keymap?].

In any case it's been a blast jamming with v1 and i hope development continues on it! :)

Can you use a midi controller to control mT? Well i know you can use a keyboard to play the notes (drum sounds). But i've got a Behringer BCR2000 with a stack of rotary controls which i'd love to use to control the knobs of mT.

I've written some automation in cubase for it, but i cant work out how to see what CC's (if any) control the knobs. If anyone knows how to get mT to send midi information to my output in cubase, i could get my BCR to learn to CC's. But i've been trying to do this all night to no avail!

Panjapol - Automate the pattern selector and have an empty pattern for when you dont want any drums to play. Or have an empty pattern and play the notes in with your keyboard.

well i read the manual - "MIDI velocity may affect the sound as just described, but the pitch and mod wheel do not; nor do any other MIDI controllers."

So that's something i'd like in a future version. Support for MIDI control!

seeing as though waldorf attack is dead, microtonic could take a look at it and fill-up on the features it currently lacks that attack has. I'd say microtonic definitely needs more sound generators (come on - eight is a miniscule amount, of course it'll be CPU light just generating eight sounds!) and more outputs. Perhaps some more FM/ring mod options and routing would be useful too.

Attack still seems far more flexible IMO. It's just a shame it never got updated to keep up with the times, as it could've been a killer drum synth with more oscs/outputs...

I don't know why folks care about pattern sequencing - why not just use a sequencer so you aren't limited to x amount of steps and resolution?

oh, and all these requests to add delays, bitcrushing etc. why? if it had more outputs you could do this yourself with more flexibility, without burdening microtonic with more work.

Some additions:

-FM and Ring Mod

-Gate Style envelopes for harsh cutoffs of sounds

-Also

-Copy part to copy the drum patch and channel sequence.

- Midi keys assigned to mute momentary off so I can use mt with my dm2.

good to see you again Chris:)

dw

All I can say is I like Micro, it sounds the best of all the synth drums.

eventually I will have to pick it up, since I want only the best!!

dw

as an alternative to loading kits only without patterns, how about an option to load kit/program and then clear ALL patterns, instead of just one at a time? Just went through the manual again and still didn't see this.

i'll fifth a 32 step sequencer, preferably with all percussion lines showing at once. If Magnus thinks it's too big, how about a drop down that alternately displays and hides the 32 steps and 8 rows? (like ni does with synth keyboards.
I cannot play an instrument. I cannot remember melodies. I cannot sing. I have bad timing. I know way too little about counterpoint.
-Robert Henke

I suggest:

at least 32 steps in the sequencer
more control over velocity (instead of just accent on or off)
a means of being able to see all 8 pads at once in the sequencer.
possibly a built in delay would be handy too.
some kind of reverse function would be cool as well.

the most important is - keep it simple and easy to use
(like it is now)

I completely agree. . . but with just a few more add-ons, I know I can get a contract. :help:
I cannot play an instrument. I cannot remember melodies. I cannot sing. I have bad timing. I know way too little about counterpoint.
-Robert Henke

Return to “Instruments”