Shittiest mp3 Demo Ever -- DFH 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A while back I posted about my disappointment hearing the AWEFUL Drumkit from Hell 2 demo on East/West's site. I lamented the complete lack of nuance, the utter disregard for sonic detail that the product's very specs brag about. I figured 6 months would go by and they'd actually get their asses in gear and program something impressive, something, frankly, that I could do in 5 minutes with a cheap controller and a MIDI editor.

I'll spare you the suspense--they haven't. And I'm pissed. There's something so f**king irritating about this song. You must hear it. It's not just that it doesn't even begin to demonstrate the product's selling points (multisamples per drum/cymbal, soft/loud dynamics, etc.), it's that it's possibly the worst, most grating metal to ever hit my eardrums. And I even love extreme metal!

Listen and marvel at the stupidity of East/West and the dumb, sweaty, long-haired Swedes they hired to produce this vomit:

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/det ... sku=PSP-06

Yeah, when I first heard it months ago I was like "what the hell?".

But then again, WHO CARES?????? It's a frickin demo, get over it, it's their loss.

funny... i thought the demo just sounded like an abridged meshuggah song. i mean, it IS meshuggah's drummer after all. really, the demo for that, as far as metal goes, gets the point of that kit across rather nicely. it sounds like what every metal band wants their recorded drums to sound like. if you want subtle nuance then listen to the DHFS demos, i think those cover it quite nicely.

That's absolutely hilarious.

Back in the days of vinyl, I would have checked to see if the record was skipping. :-o

Must have worked because I can't get the file to recognize.
The armchair is more than the sum of the bastards

I dunno.... it's not as bad as all that, though it's certainly repetitive. I don't know why they chose a smaller market like metal to showcase the product, though.

geeseaplenty wrote:Listen and marvel at the stupidity of East/West and the dumb, sweaty, long-haired Swedes they hired to produce this vomit
what are you trying to say about swedes?
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

I think Geeseaplenty is a prime example of mankinds way to get angry at anything our little brains fail to comprehend.

But I'm not going to start a flame debate about experimental rhythms in metal music, instead I'm going to point out that you cannot achieve these kinds of drum sounds with any other drum sampler. Period.

It also says right there on the soundsonline page "If you need heavy, natural drum sounds..." In other words DFH is about metal and hard rock. If you don't like it then don't and shut up.

Must be Christmas time or something. Seems like everyone has the rag on in this forum today...

Worst demo mp3 ever?

Here's a new challenger:

http://www.creamware.de/download/demoso ... /Song1.MP3

It's Creamwares new "Profit5" and as a former PulsarII user i know how good their synths actually do sound. But this demo? :? Sounds lika any freeware SE-creation, drowned in effects to hide it's flaws. And if you thought the DFH2 demo was repetitive... :hihi:
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

geesaplenty...I bet you don't have a f**king clue of whats happening in that drum score. you say you love extreme metal, and you confirm that with your ignorance. Meshuggah is the one and only decent band in extreme metal (with coroner and maybe a tad of voivod...ooops, I forgot cynic), so watch your words.

This is a strumental version of a Meshuggah track. ok...it's not their best one...and it's extremely wrong as a drum-rompler demo.

Sounds like metal-style drumming and it certainly gets the point across. I am sorry there are no gay 'def beats' for you.

ROFLOL! this demo is HORRIBLE. Man, even I do like some very heavy stuff but this thing is just utter crap. The drums don't even sound good.. at all but I suspect that's much more down to the mixing. The original drumkit from hell was really nicely recorded and had a good choise of velocity layers.

Cheers!
bManic

So, geesaplenty has been angry over a MP3 demo for six months?

:nutter:

pepelogu wrote:Worst demo mp3 ever?

Here's a new challenger:

http://www.creamware.de/download/demoso ... /Song1.MP3
OMG! Hard to believe they're using THIS as an official demo!

About that DFH demo: Hard to tell anything. With all that stuff happening around it, it could be made with any average kit I think.
Might me a mix issue, whatever, not an exactly meaningful demo nontheless.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Return to “Instruments”