How will Kontakt 2 read Korg Triton Patches?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just reading about the upcoming Kontakt 2 and among it's new file imports was Korg Triton? I would imagine the library being shipped with it contians the same PCM samples and then converts the .pcg's.Anyway,seems perplexing the more I think of it.Any insights?
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

Triton sampler patches, not ROM-based patches.

(stu.macQ)

stu.macQ wrote:Triton sampler patches, not ROM-based patches.

(stu.macQ)
Yeah,that reality just hit me after I posted,I forgot that Triton has an on-board sampler.
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

And, considering you can count the number of sample CD's released in Korg Triton format on one hand, not terribly meaningful :) I wonder if it's their own code, or they hired in the CD-Xtract/Chickensys code?

Anyway, it looks like a good update. Very expensive on its own though. I think most will buy it through their bundle offer.

PAK wrote:And, considering you can count the number of sample CD's released in Korg Triton format on one hand, not terribly meaningful
I guess it could come in handy for Triton owners with custom samples to off load into Kontakt.

Return to “Instruments”