VX7 - TAKE IT FREE ! ... until it stops

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VX7

Talk about a great-sounding synth :-o

Too bad VX7's such a pain to edit. WHY make you reach over to the data knob every time you want to make an edit? Why can't they just make the numbers slidable like any normal softsynth :P I guess it's to emulate the hardware, and to tell you the truth it has some charm in that respect.

Anybody know how to change the "Algorithm"?

vista wrote:
scuzzphut wrote: I spent an hour today trying out the undelete tool that vista suggested (it didn't work)
:-o

that's sad.

seems you have installed the new NTFS filesystem
of WindowsXP. i like the fat32 more cause it's
more compatible.

but for the future there are other free tools to tryout.

HandyRecovery

http://www.handyrecovery.com/download.shtml

and the very good original edition
of PcInspectorFilerRcovery
named DriveRescue:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~paho/SystemTool/d ... cue19d.exe

:?
vista - it's ot your fault it didn't work. I wasn't suggesting that. It's the installer/uninstaller that really needs fixed.

Thanks for the pointers to the other apps. :)

I found a use for one of them today when Norton Antivirus deleted my whole Thunderbird Inbox. :?

simonkey wrote: i'm getting confused ... does it have a two week time limit or not? ie is it a demo or a full app?
it is NOT a demo version
it is NOT a timebomb version
it is NOT a final full version

it IS a PUBLIC BETA4.
it IS limited in Save(As).
it IS soundwise fully functional.

:hihi:

Cheers vista sometimes my brain takes time to digest info! will have play this afternoon
Please remove your monkey from the dinner table, there's a good boy. It's trying to season the soup with it's own bodily fluids again ...

vista wrote:
Artmuzz wrote: Do you mean that you can filter wav sounds or samples and modulate them through FM just like on the SY99?
oh, i think this isn't implemented (yet ?).

but it can import original SY77-patches, so it is more SY77 than SY99.
If it can import SY77 patches then I'd be very interested.
My Sy77 is dying a slow death. I had it serviced a few years ago but they never really replaced the buttons. I'm just so affraid to press any button in case it'll be the last time ! :hihi:
The LCD has been replaced and works...the floppy drive ...almost.
Last edited by Forever Sun on Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forever Sun wrote: If it can import SY77 patches
...AND original DX7-patches too !

XDVarenkor wrote:I got it to work in FL5 no prob. Just set 'process inactive outputs' and 'fixed buffer size' in the plugin options. Then marvel at how it doesn't really sound good enough to be worth the effort :(
It's no FM7, but it's pretty usable anyway. Just ignore the overly optimistic patch names :lol: and pretend it's 1986 again. :)

foosnark wrote:pretend it's 1986 again.
...the minimoog AND the VX7 are
good sounding and useful synths
also in 2005 !

Wait, wait, wait! Vista - are you saying this CAN import SY77/99 and DX voices already? :? Now what about all the AWM voices - like my SY77 has been 'expanded' with 113 extra Waves, and alot of my voices use WAVE ROM cards. How does this VX7 compensate for that? :?

And is RCM in the works? Alot of my voices use RCM with the FM - but again, really unique wave ROM again. ;)

But if a VX7 can be created that has ALL the AWM and WAVE ROM voices inside, AND RY30 hits (Believe me, I think I have them ALL already), AND does RCM... AND samples like the SY99 - I'm freakin' SOLD! :hyper:

PS - Forever Sun... Need a SY Floppy Drive you say?
Look at the list here. http://www.hometown.aol.com/route66studios/media.html
As for the buttons - you can dig in on them. Stupid little 'Chicklet buttons', but they can take the punishment. ;) Now where did YOU get your LCD display? I've been searching the 4 corners of the earth for one.

I'm not getting any sound out of it in FL5. Any ideas?

wrap it in a chainer
-- Regards MrM --

MrM wrote:wrap it in a chainer
You mean like the Chainer VSTi?

Yes Chainer VSTi, or Energy XT.
-- Regards MrM --

Steven West wrote:Wait, wait, wait! Vista - are you saying this CAN import SY77/99 and DX voices already? :? Now what about all the AWM voices - like my SY77 has been 'expanded' with 113 extra Waves, and alot of my voices use WAVE ROM cards. How does this VX7 compensate for that? :?

And is RCM in the works? Alot of my voices use RCM with the FM - but again, really unique wave ROM again. ;)

But if a VX7 can be created that has ALL the AWM and WAVE ROM voices inside, AND RY30 hits (Believe me, I think I have them ALL already), AND does RCM... AND samples like the SY99 - I'm freakin' SOLD! :hyper:

Yeah its a downer that VX7 has no AWM samples to make it a real SY77 and 99 clone :cry:

Artmuzz

Ahhhh crap. :( So is it just more of a FM synth then?
I must admit, I haven't even tried the 'demo' - due to Scuzzphuts warnings.

Was hoping it had even SOME of the waveforms inside. Something about the SY strings and choirs and all just grab me still. Even the crappy 'Steam' and 'Tube' AWM's - they were so bad, they were good! ;)

Even a well executed sample set from the SY's wouldn't be anymore than 5MB I imagine? Using the 8bit, 32khz that Yamaha did on many. I'd be happy with that - just like the good ol' days. ;)

Return to “Instruments”