Playing a sample across keyboard

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I usually try to say away from single shot synth sounds, but this is an exception for me. I gotta use this sound, but its aliasing badly going more than 2-3 semitons up/down from a root. Anyway to fix it? Would it work if I repitch it with AutoTune, save at different root notes, and load into multisampler? Or is there another trick?

I use resynth for anything like this(REAKTOR4)there's never been ANY alienasing regardless of the sample. Ableton is also an option. If you have that too. Good luck.
LABELS DISABLE

I think the trick is to use a product with a good audio engine on a high quality setting of some sort.

I know they put a new improved engine in Vsamper 3.5 www.vsampler.com but I'm not sure whether it will solve your problem.

Since it's free to try, try it!

Which sampler do you use? Some have a "quality" setting for running aliassing-free (but use more CPU)

Also you can try to remove frequencies above 15kHz in the sample with a low-pass filter.

whaddaya mean? at the same rate, or stretched, like a "normal old-skool sampler.."
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

C00kie wrote:Which sampler do you use? Some have a "quality" setting for running aliassing-free (but use more CPU)

Also you can try to remove frequencies above 15kHz in the sample with a low-pass filter.
I use FL Studio channel sampler. Maybe I should try new time streching/resampling they added in v5.0? Will see if that's gonna make it better.

Cameleon 5000 all the way! This is one of the many features of this beast. It will re-synthesize the sample so tha you can span it across the keyboard at lossless quality.

www.camelaudio.com

twister wrote:
C00kie wrote:Which sampler do you use? Some have a "quality" setting for running aliassing-free (but use more CPU)

I use FL Studio channel sampler. Maybe I should try new time streching/resampling they added in v5.0? Will see if that's gonna make it better.
Yes the elastic audio options in FL5 are splendid. Do give it a shot!

JackDark wrote: Yes the elastic audio options in FL5 are splendid. Do give it a shot!
I shot it, now its dead :lol:

Actually, I tried that time stretching with "tonal" setting, and its just a little bit better. Still, not what I expected.

I never tried Cameleon 5k, maybe it will do the trick. Do they have a demo of the plugin, and willl I be able to load a sample into the demo to see how it works? Gotta check it out.

twister wrote:
JackDark wrote: Yes the elastic audio options in FL5 are splendid. Do give it a shot!
I shot it, now its dead :lol:

Actually, I tried that time stretching with "tonal" setting, and its just a little bit better. Still, not what I expected.

I never tried Cameleon 5k, maybe it will do the trick. Do they have a demo of the plugin, and willl I be able to load a sample into the demo to see how it works? Gotta check it out.
Sounds like the transparent perfection you require will only come in the form of the painfully expensive yet ever so lauded Melodyne. :neutral:

Kontakt's stretching is pretty solid. I've been experimenting a lot with that lately, and I've pulled off sampling a lead synth twice per octave with no noticable aliasing. However, complex pads played in the C1-C2 do not stretch so well..

Return to “Instruments”