PS-1 Full audio demos now up!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR! It's been a very long time in the making...but the PS-1 is only days away from being released! The page at our website has been updated with all the information and a few very nice audio demos courtesy of Brice Duncan and Frank "Xenox" Neuman. You can visit the site here: PS-1 Product Page

Tracks are towards the bottom of the page.

Thank you to all that have pre-ordered for your patience...should not be long at all now. :D

Please give the demos a listen and post up here with your thoughts. All the demos were made with nothing but the PS-1 presets...only exceptions are where drums are used.

Enjoy. :)

Great news. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Looks like it has a lot of great features. (And a lot of presets :love: for a sound design challenged person such as myself) :help: :lol:

about my little 6min. long demo, i used only one instance in Logic Audio to make this mp3 demo, just to let you people now! :)

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

hello

I listened to the Xenox demo..

hmm I hate to give negative opinions so I dont know what to say though..

well you did ask for our thoughts.. so here it goes..

I think the Xenox Demo makes PS-1 sound cold and buzzy.. and it seems nasaly sounding.. interesting sounds but if I was going by that audio demo.. I'd have to steer clear of this one.

I suppose I'll try the other demos later..

oof and in the meantime Xenox ends up posting..

:o

sorry xenox.. I dont want to offend anyone..

What kind of cpu useage does ot have.
Simple and repetive are my middle names

VitaminD wrote:hello

I listened to the Xenox demo..

hmm I hate to give negative opinions so I dont know what to say though..

well you did ask for our thoughts.. so here it goes..

I think the Xenox Demo makes PS-1 sound cold and buzzy.. and it seems nasaly sounding.. interesting sounds but if I was going by that audio demo.. I'd have to steer clear of this one.

I suppose I'll try the other demos later..

Well, first, I urge you to listen to the other demos before making a decision.

Secondly though, I think the xenox demo shows off a darker side of the PS-1. Some people do write cold and buzzy music. :wink: Though i like the xenox sounds just as much as the rest....his 128 presets are only a few of the 1024 that it comes with. There are also presets from the likes of stewart henderson, Timothy Conrardy, and a ton from the pro-sounds team. So i'm sure there will be something in there that's to your liking.

We will also be regularly releasing more and more presets for the PS-1 from our staff as well as users.

Hopefully this will keep everybody happy.

Thank you for your input though VitaminD. :)

Anybody else?
Last edited by ProSounds2 on Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elv wrote:What kind of cpu useage does ot have.
Well, it generally consumes VERY little cpu power...even with the arp and trancegate active. Also, if your system allows for SSE isntructions, it is optionally SSE optimized.

cpu useage is very low though. you could easily run 6 or 7 instances without a problem at all.

ProSounds2 wrote:
Well, it generally consumes VERY little cpu power...even with the arp and trancegate active. Also, if your system allows for SSE isntructions, it is optionally SSE optimized.

cpu useage is very low though. you could easily run 6 or 7 instances without a problem at all.

Could you give some numbers...
The thing is I see nothing really special about this synth....dont get my wrong, unlike VitaminD I really like the Xenox demo..that is I liked the sound, but unless it has some fantastic cpu usages I really dont see any point in getting it.
Also in the wav import..is that just a single sample or can multisamples be import...are there restricion on sample size ?

elv wrote:
ProSounds2 wrote:

Could you give some numbers...
The thing is I see nothing really special about this synth....dont get my wrong, unlike VitaminD I really like the Xenox demo..that is I liked the sound, but unless it has some fantastic cpu usages I really dont see any point in getting it.
Also in the wav import..is that just a single sample or can multisamples be import...are there restricion on sample size ?
Well, once again, it depends on your machine. I'm getting any where from 0 - 15% depending on how many keys I hold down.

Yes, it is just a single sample. Multisamples are not supported. Samples must be 44.1khz, 16 bit, mono .wav files. As far as size goes, the actual sample can be any size you'd like. We've even played a few loops through it in the factory presets.
It isn't meant to be a sampler though...the sample import really is meant to allow for the user to expand the sound spectrum a bit from the built in oscillators.

The PS-1 is essentialy a very much enhanced DaAlpha2k....It is based on the original DaAlpha2k engine....but the filters have been re-written from the ground up and we've added several enhancements like the arpeggiator, trancegate, ring modulation, and effects, just to name a few.

Also, relating to the cpu issue, there is an option in the options menu that allows for you to select between 2 different quality modes to save cpu.

Then a info on your machine would be nice.

Also will the demo be released tomorow as well ?

elv wrote:Then a info on your machine would be nice.

Also will the demo be released tomorow as well ?
I'm running with a 2.8 ghz pentium 4 processor and 512mb RAM.

We are hoping to release both in the next couple of days...maybe 2 or 3. We are currently just waiting on a final version from the coder. Demo will be released then as well. Then you can give it a go for yourself and see if it suits your needs.

ok thanks for all the info.

Just one question more.....will there be somekind of promo price when it will be released :D

I found a litle bug in the demo.
After I have clicked RND button it is enough for me to hover over it and it randomize all paramenters

Just a question - I'm one of the dying breed of unfortunate people still on dial-up. Usually I download large files in a few chunks at a time. But the server hosting the PS-1 demo doesn't support resume :( Any chance of this changing at all?!

Shif.

Return to “Instruments”