Absynth automation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How can i automate a parameter like the filter of a single oscillator or something else? All that i can read in the manual is that you can automate all parameters, but how? :shock:

Welcome to Absynth......

Envelopes....must resist freakout.... they lost me on this one :x
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head, you fold it.

As KrunietZ said, envelopes- or to be more precise, control driven envelopes.
Go to the envelope page and create a new envelope- the new envelope menu will appear. Choose what you want to automate, and create the envelope. Now, select that envelope by clicking on its name in the graphic representation. From the dropdown that says sustain, choose control driven.
The first breakpoint=0, and the last=127. Any other breakpoint's value will be correspondingly inbetween- a breakpoint halfway inbetween will have a value of 63, for example.
The cool thing about this is that you can set up complex modulation curves as well as the traditional linear response to controllers.
A neat trick for the other envelopes...click on a breakpoint, and then click on the MIDI button in the envelope window. You'll be able to time and amp scale each breakpoint of a NORMAL (non- CD) envelope to input from a cc as well :wink:
ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”