RMIV vs Battery?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Up until now I have been doing my rhythm straight into cubase with midi/audio... And althuogh I get strange looks from some people because of this method, it has really worked quite well for me. However I've decided to go with a soft sampler now for the situations where I want to change percussion instruemnts etc. I have recently installed RMIV, and am just getting my way around it. However at first glance, to be honest, it doesn't seem PARTICULARILY fast or efficient to use (although it's probably just because I havent spent enough time with it). I haven't yet looked at Battery, but wanted to ask what peoples thoughts are with this? What do people prefer? RMIV or Battery? Are they similar in functionality?

Two quick things I've noticed with RMIV (please correct me if I'm wrong). When you 'browse' to look for a sample to load, you can't play the actual audio sample while you're clicking through files in the browser window. Also, I haven't seen anywhere where you can assign a sample to a 'key range'. Is this possible?

Which has more 'functionality'? RMIV or Battery? The last sampler I used was my trusty (highly inefficient, but very capable) Akai s2000!

Cheers all :)

EoN

dr008.

RonC

Inability to preview samples as you browse them is one of the reasons I've not purchased RMIV. I have NO idea why any developer would leave this feature out of a drumsampler --- especially one with such high quality otherwise.

I agree on the ease of use issue -- it's my determining factor as well. I'm looking forward to people's comments on Battery. I like RMIV, but the workflow was just too slow for me to get around.

I also liked DR-008 but I think the developer abandoned updates on it and left a lot of features incomplete.

well im not worried i'll have rmiv after t2 comes out ;)
RonC

I have both battery1, 2 and RMIV.

if I have to choose between those two, I will probably go for battery2.

battery 2 is much more powerful than RMIV but
I like the samples in RMIV.

but still I will go for battery. if you want really powerful drum sampler and
you have enough drum samples in you hard drive.

Battery 2 has got everything you mentioned and then some. RM IV is great, but Battery 2 is better. One thing, though: Battery 2 hasn't got drum synthesis, but you can make wonders with samples in it.

Cheers.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Battery 2 no question. Ease of use, features, sound, interface, Battery 2 is an amazing drum sampler.

Battery 2!!
It just rocks. easy to use and a great sound, the compressor is available on each separate cell and it is a pretty good comp as well(definately got flava).
RMIV is nice but not as nice.
Try them both out though you might disagree.
fell in line with the shore break,here breathe the first stroke of sea spray

rpc9943 wrote:well im not worried i'll have rmiv after t2 comes out ;)
RonC
I would go with Battery 2, if I couldn't choose the ReDrum in Reason 2.5. BTW whats T2?

DR-008

Although you can preview samples in RMIV, just click the left or right arrows.

mgc3003.com wrote:I also liked DR-008 but I think the developer abandoned updates on it and left a lot of features incomplete.
Not true.

- Drum Nine is on it's way, there will be a upgrade path for DR008 users
- incomplete features? only thing I can think of is wave editing (which isn't implemented)

mgc3003.com wrote:Inability to preview samples as you browse them is one of the reasons I've not purchased RMIV. I have NO idea why any developer would leave this feature out of a drumsampler --- especially one with such high quality otherwise.
I requested this several times before the last update as did many others, but the answer was (from the dev) that there was other things more important to update first...(?)

Return to “Instruments”