you should know that ringing the bell is much more
hip today than the minimoog bass, <grin>

liqih wrote:ah, just forgot to say that if you like Bjork
you should know that ringing the bell is much more
hip today than the minimoog bass, <grin>
:D :D :D

Will try out tomorrow. Thanks!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Thanks for posting this. Would you consider making it so that very deep sounds can be achieved? As is, I think I could find a use for it but only to generate a tone that would be manually pitched lower in a wave editing program. The CPU hit is quite high for a single sound on a P4 2.4.

I totally see the potential here, however. It would make a cool glitch kit hi-hat substitute or a nice sound to blend with an 808 kit just the way it is.

It occured to me that I don't know of any physical modelled gong VSTi's. That might be a viable product around these parts where so many make ambient and experimental types of music. I'd sure love to have one and would pay for it, too, ift it really delivered some deep and complex metallic gong sounds (and other other-worldly type percussive hits). There are a couple of Reaktor synths that make metallic sounds, but none that I know of that can truly emulate a tasteful gong and mallet combo.

Shane - Krakli's 'Bel Synth' that comes with a Yava2 purchase does some pretty good gong tones. ;) I put on funny hats like Chuck Barris one night and kept gonging myself of my own stage. :lol:

Liqih - why'd you have to go say Bjork? Now I'm going to have to try this so I can stay 'hip'. ;)

Steven West wrote:Shane - Krakli's 'Bel Synth' that comes with a Yava2 purchase does some pretty good gong tones. ;) I put on funny hats like Chuck Barris one night and kept gonging myself of my own stage. :lol:

Liqih - why'd you have to go say Bjork? Now I'm going to have to try this so I can stay 'hip'. ;)
Chuck B. :lol:

Would you mind posting a few hits from it so I can get a taste. The Krakli site has no examples of the Bel synth, only the Yava2. If not, that's OK, please don't go to any trouble.

-S

:D
thanks

----Not to steal liqih's thread at all,but I liked Tweakbench's Carillon bell synth too,check it out if you have time. :)

Jeff

liars&ashes wrote:----Not to steal liqih's thread at all,but I liked Tweakbench's Carillon bell synth too,check it out if you have time. :)

Jeff
Very nice. I wish it had it's own ADSR.

Hearing these little gems makes me want to be rich so that I could put all these brilliant minds in a room together and say, "what if...?" :)

I think it's vurt and or Ian himself that did a great track in the Music Cafe that really shows off the Bel to great aplumb. ;)

It's a powerful little synth that can do some great metalics. :cool:

Steven West wrote:I think it's vurt and or Ian himself that did a great track in the Music Cafe that really shows off the Bel to great aplumb. ;)

It's a powerful little synth that can do some great metalics. :cool:
Cool. I'll ask vurt which track it was. Thanks!

Thanks Liqih!
Another plugin I'll have to buy! :cry:

I already have PMI's church and big bell sounds, but your plug should be more flexible than samples.
I don't know if you intend to create presets to imitate the really big bells, but if so, you'll have your work cut out for you.
The Big Ben bell is a midget compared to some. :shock:

Whens the Pizza arriving? I'm hungry and the dinner bell is only wetting my appitite. :(
The armchair is more than the sum of the bastards

liqih: I just noticed your bell is not conical, but square.
Is a square-shaped bell easier to model, or did you just want to be different? :P
maybe your plugin will offer a choice of bells of different shapes and sizes? And gongs? :)

Return to “Instruments”