WWAYM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.wwaym.com

Check out our 2 new plugins Dynamix and NWSynth! Both contain something new (NWSynth comes with a new filter type called RC Filter, Dynamix is a new way to create compressor/limiter/maximizer effects)!

(The site is not 100% finished yet but almost done!)

Screenshots:

NWSynth

Dynamix

Hope, you will like them! :)

Cheers:
9b0

EUR 135.00
:o

Could you maybe tell us a bit more about these?

I tried out the demos, and the effects of Dynamix were very subtle even at extreme levels. Also curious, when I turn the input volume all the way up, and the output volume all the way down, shouldn't the signal be overdriven/clipped, and output act as a limiter? As is, the output gain adjustment just counteracts the input gain function.

shamann wrote:Could you maybe tell us a bit more about these?

I tried out the demos, and the effects of Dynamix were very subtle even at extreme levels. Also curious, when I turn the input volume all the way up, and the output volume all the way down, shouldn't the signal be overdriven/clipped, and output act as a limiter? As is, the output gain adjustment just counteracts the input gain function.
Check out the tutorials on the site, they explain everything. Dynamix works differenet :wink:

shamann wrote:Could you maybe tell us a bit more about these?

Dynamix is not a compressor/limiter, but it's able to create almost the same effect. Try to take a look at the tutorial on our website, it explains a lot:

http://www.wwaym.com/tutorial_dynamix.html
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

bjm4tt wrote:Check out the tutorials on the site, they explain everything. Dynamix works differenet :wink:
Thanks for the help! :)
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote:Dynamix is not a compressor/limiter, but it's able to create almost the same effect. Try to take a look at the tutorial on our website, it explains a lot:

Okay, I've had a look at the tutorial, and paid a bit closer attention to the controls. Interesting effect so far, but a design question: Why is two-thirds of the Frequency parameter for frequencies below 100Hz? That strikes me as an odd way to scale the parameter value. Any chance you'll change the response a little to give better access to higher frequencies?

shamann wrote:
9b0 wrote:Dynamix is not a compressor/limiter, but it's able to create almost the same effect. Try to take a look at the tutorial on our website, it explains a lot:

Okay, I've had a look at the tutorial, and paid a bit closer attention to the controls. Interesting effect so far, but a design question: Why is two-thirds of the Frequency parameter for frequencies below 100Hz? That strikes me as an odd way to scale the parameter value. Any chance you'll change the response a little to give better access to higher frequencies?
Try to spin the knob pressing the right mouse button! Hope, it can help you!
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote:Try to spin the knob pressing the right mouse button! Hope, it can help you!
Thanks for the quick reply. I had tried that, but still, in finetune mode, it skips between values by roughly 500Hz per step in the higher frequencies. Just seems that the exponential scale you're using devotes a very high amount of resolution to frequencies below 100Hz. I guess it's just a matter of differing opinions on design approach.

So from the tutorial I know how it works, but could you give us some info what exactly it is doing to the audio signal (as much as you can without giving away all of your secrets)?

Cheers,
Steve

shamann wrote: So from the tutorial I know how it works, but could you give us some info what exactly it is doing to the audio signal (as much as you can without giving away all of your secrets)?

Cheers,
Steve
If i could explain it in a human language i would have done it in the tutorial. :) At first it was designed to make an audio track as loud as possible without distortion, but we had no idea that time how a maximizer or a compressor worked. The result, which came out was exactly this algorythm without the filters. In a short time we noticed that the result was able to do much more than just maximizing the volume, it went to be my distorter and compressor/expander at the same time. I learned to use it in my sounds and in the last 1-2 years did not use any other tool for waveshaping. I also added filters to the algorythm so i did not even had to use EQ-s or Multiband compressors.

You can hear some music created using Dynamix and NWSynth (and the RC Filter) here:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=311813&T=994

http://www.cirruscirrus.com
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

This synth has amazing filters!!!
How did you make it? :)
What is RC filter mean?

Dynamix is very handy tool. I think it is the best software compressor for sounddesign and I love this filter too!

SzM wrote:This synth has amazing filters!!!
What is RC filter mean?
The RC Filters is a Lp filter, which characteristic can be modified with the 4 RC parameters. Changing the RC parameters results as using another filter in your synth.

You may tweak this filter as high as you want, you wont hear aliasing or saturation, but be carefull with the resonance, it's changing the sound drastically and can occour distortion! If you listen to the bassdrum or bass presets, you can hear what the filter is able to.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

SzM wrote:This synth has amazing filters!!!
What is RC filter mean?

Dynamix is very handy tool. I think it is the best software compressor for sounddesign and I love this filter too!
SzM wrote:Joined: 28 Feb 2005 Posts: 0
any mods do an IP check?

The synth looks interesting - lovely GUI :)

:lol: I already have a plugin called Dynamix.

but hey I dont mind ;)

scuzzphut wrote:any mods do an IP check?
SZM is one of the beta-testers, of course he's not 9b0 with another nick :) I think these devices doesn't need this kind of marketing, you should just check out the filters, they're speaking for self.

Return to “Instruments”