ni dam u!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well ok, so i'm 2nd class cuz i have a pc w. logic 5.51... still in all... there are so many cool libraries out there, but they are all coming bundled w. the intakt or kontakt... these products do NOT work in logic... (afrolatin slam, garritan personal orchestra, stormdrum, koncept and function, etc...)

of course, ni doesn't support logic pc, so it seems time to get a new host... BUT, i notice on the ni forum posts like "intakt crashing sonar" or "intakt and cubase bug..."

why have the developers allowed these guys (ni) to hijack all their sounds? worst of all is beats working in cuba, which is a massive library (7 gig?) of 24 bit percussion loops that retails for $400 usd. how could i ever buy it, when ni's interface is still buggy?

Have you tryed opening it from within Energy XT rather than putting the plugins straight into Logic's VST folder (ie just keep eXT in your Logic VST folder and then set it to load plugins from a central VST folder kept elsewhere)). I find many plugins that don't work well with Logic 5.51 work better that way - certainly I have no problems running Kontakt with Logic and as a bonus I don't have two folders full of VSTs and Logic starts faster and is more stable as it has less plugins to scan. If you use the Logic skin for eXT it's just like using an extension of the environment with added modularity.

What aMUSEd said. Also I have to add that I don't have any problems with NI instruments, I use FM7, Absy3 and Kontakt (+ Garritan), and have not had any problems with bugs.

If you look at the forums, you will always see titles like "X crashes in Y", however it doesn't mean that these are universal truths.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

i'm using ewqlso in logic 4.5, w98se :p

trade ya?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

HelgeG;

do u have garritan personal orchestra working in logic? my problem with the ni instruments (not b4, absynth, or pro53, btw, just intakt and kontakt) is that, when using a loop, for instance, and stopping playback in the middle of the loop, when the loop starts again, the notes from the last run through "hang" so, in a percussion loop, you get flanges and wierdness, and in a string setting, you get massive dischords...

i'll get energyxt and try it out... that would save my headaches!!!

soultrane wrote:HelgeG;

do u have garritan personal orchestra working in logic? my problem with the ni instruments (not b4, absynth, or pro53, btw, just intakt and kontakt) is that, when using a loop, for instance, and stopping playback in the middle of the loop, when the loop starts again, the notes from the last run through "hang" so, in a percussion loop, you get flanges and wierdness, and in a string setting, you get massive dischords...

i'll get energyxt and try it out... that would save my headaches!!!
hell .. i mentioned this a year ago here ... nobody seemd to know about it ...
i "kontakted" (hihi) ni about it, since it was a problem way before emagic dropped pc support ...
they simply said :
we`re not going to fix this. get another host.
:roll:
it seems that logic uses a different type of all notes off information when using the computers keyboard to stop the sequencer.
if i only knew the information (controller) that other hosts like cubase use for that, maybe i could use logic`s meta events to convert this information in a way kontakt can read ...
anyone ?

reg,

reg,
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

hey brok landers...

u say logic's note off info is different when using the computer keyboard to stop the computer... i wonder if the same thing happens when u use, say, the mackie control (or the mouse) to stop?

soultrane wrote:hey brok landers...

u say logic's note off info is different when using the computer keyboard to stop the computer... i wonder if the same thing happens when u use, say, the mackie control (or the mouse) to stop?
good question ... i don´t own a logic / mackie control ... so i don`t know ...
as for the mouse operations :
i have to check this, but i think internally logic uses allways the same info´s ... i don´t think it`s
whatever key you stroke, but how logic interprets and translate them to it`s own "language".
however, if you use energy xt as a plugin wrapper, it worx .
but then it is buggy in other things.
yesterday, when i played around to get it to work with ext in logic, suddenly logic was not starting up that song i stored with ext as a wrapper for kontakt. also, after a few times trying to start this song it suddenly worked, but after closing logic and starting up the autoload (no plugin instanciated), logic came up with an error message :
"this song is corrupted", bla bla rewire dll etc ...
had to load up another previous song to get it managed ... so unfortunately there seems to be no "real" solution up to now ... hmmm ... anyone ?

reg,
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”