The Morph (beta) - Standalone with Max/MSP Runtime (UPDATED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The download link is here

Morph is a synth which I've been working on for the past few days. Its wavetable based with the ability to load in your own wave files.

A quick run through the controls.

There are four oscillators which all have the same basic controls. The wave selectors are similar to LFO's, they oscillate at the specified frequency in the boxes below.

These frequency values are kind of erratic, their effect isn't easy to pinpoint. Sometimes one value controls the pitch, sometimes the other will control the granularity. Sometimes one will have no effect at all! It all depends on the waveforms you select.

The phase boxes control the phase of these oscillations, giving you some control over where the start of the wave begins and ends.

The import button imports a wave/aiff/mp3 into the oscillator engine, and the clear button empty's the engine.

The End value specifies how much of the sample the oscillator uses, stretching this out can have some cool effects.

As you can probably gather, this is a work in progress. I'm still learning MAX, so releasing this will be a good way to learn more. I'm not sure about some things, but I know the basics of what this synth does, and it can make some really cool sounds given the right values.

A tip for the frequencies - sub 1 values work the best. 0.01 - 0.99 give the best effects, a zero will produce some dodgy white noise sometimes, but all you need to do is change the value to remove it.

Aside from all that, there is a basic mixer section, when I port this to VST I'll try to have each osc its own output - currently I'm rewiring MAX into Live to record the synth, but I hope to have better sync features and output features in a vst.

You can get the MAX/MSP runtime here:

http://www.synthesisters.com/download/m ... ime453.zip

Let me know what you think!!
Last edited by Amberience on Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

No takers?!?! :-o
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I'll take a look at it later this afternoon :D

Acolmiztli wrote "No takers?!?! :-o "

I believe the term is "BUMP" :D

I'm downloading now. I'll try it tonight.

Cool :D

There are two mp3 demo's of the kind of sounds you can get from this synth. Their respective download pages are here:

Morph Demo 1
Morph Demo 2

I'm told the term is bump so, well, BUMP. :D

f**k, how do you get this thing to sound..?

:shock:

Export it to VST, this damn Max/MSP enviornment is bleh..

Have my midi set-up properly, but no actuivity from the synth at all..I must be doing something wrong. Get Reaktor, man..

:bang:

The audio demos sound really cool when you pley em at the same time..

:D

Its not sounding? Ok... first go to the DSP preferences and see if it is activated, if it isn't then thats what you need to do.

Try switching the Audio On/Off button too. Failing that, post a screenshot of your patch, because it probably is down to the patch if its not the audio hardware setup.

I can't export it to VST until I get pluggo.

huh? what DSP preferences? I see no option for that anywhere..

Dude... did you load any waveforms? Did you choose some waveforms for the X Position and Y Position? You can't have X or Y Freq on 0 - it needs to be higher than 0. I'm using the same file as you, and I'm getting sound.

Try turning the Audio On/Off, off and then back on again - it may need to reactivate the sound engine.

Forget the DSP settings, they don't appear in the Runtime - strangely enough.

As for Reaktor, I HAVE to use Max/MSP for my university course, and all the big players use it don't you know!?!

:lol:

That was it, I saw the wave that you had loaded showing up, but there was nothing in there..so I replaced it & have 'sound' now..

:roll:

j/k..

:hihi:

hehe, apologies, I haven't quite got the wave-name bit perfected, it seems to store the names each time I save, so when I reload it, it still has those names, even though they're not loaded. Should be simple to fix, just have to work it out.

edit: hehe, fixed it :hihi:

Hi guys. I've updated this to fix a few bugs, and to add a bit of documentation. Its a pretty simplistic affair where the documentation is concerned, because this is quite an erratic synth - something I'm fond of at least!

Download it here

Return to “Instruments”