Korg Legacy questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm thinking of trying the demo and have been reading the manual beforehand. It says in the manual that "the MS20 can also be used as standalone instruments or as plugins within a host application" but doesn't say whether the Legacy Cell (which looks the most interesting part apart from the Wavestation) can be used as a plugin too. Am I right in thinking the Cell just works as a standalone then and if so what's the point of it?

Also can the effects be used seperately and how good are they?

The cell is a plugin too, havnt played with the fx.

The cell lets u combine the 3 synths (wavestation, polysix and ms20) in any way u want to. Havent tried it myself yet, im not a synth wizard and it eats a lot of cpu.

oh and u can also use the ms-20 as a filter and sounds pretty good here

...and it also has a very versatile multiFX-'unit'!

Cheers - I wonder why the manual doesn't mention you can use the Cell as a plugin?

Anyway i think it's about time I tried the demo, I just prefer to check stuff out in advance as I rarely install demo's - it doesn't seem to use nasty copy protection like Pace anyway.

The cell certainly does work as a plugin, but only works as a VSTi. The MS20FX and the MDE FX are presented as additional plugins for FX use on audio tracks.

The cell lets u combine the 3 synths (wavestation, polysix and ms20)
The cell only allows combination or Polysix & Ms20.

Hope, there will be a V2 with other modeled synth, why not MOSS algorithms(Z1,prophecy,oasys) ported to CMT, that would kick a lot of ass ... what do you think about ? :wink:

Return to “Instruments”