Electric Piano

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find myself frequently hunting around for electric piano sounds amongst my software, so I thought I would ask for recommendations. Can anyone comment on a good e-piano Reaktor ensemble? Or on AAS Lounge Lizard? Thanks a lot.

why would you use a reaktor ensemble when you can use the fabulous (and free) mr ray?
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1177.html

Don't forget the upcoming Mr. Tramp for your Wurly needs as well.
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

One more vote for MrRay.

The day after I discovered MrRay, I uninstalled Scarbee and Elektrik Piano.

Almost no CPU usage, great sounds, ... what else do you want from life?

And don't forget to say "thank you" to Guido for his work.
TPM

I would use Lounge Lizard only if you need a 'dirty' electric piano, I think its sound is rather 'gritty' compared to others.

ThePianoMan wrote:The day after I discovered MrRay, I uninstalled Scarbee
:shock:

...seems as if I should try Mr. Ray...

I used Elektrik Piano and sold it in favour to use the Scarbee RSP 73 - I'm very pleased with its sound. I was quite surprised how good the free mda epiano sounds when I compared it with the RSP...

It's a MrE to me how MrScognamiglio manages to make these great MrRay and MrTramp plug-ins. ;-)

Funkybot wrote:Don't forget the upcoming Mr. Tramp for your Wurly needs as well.
don't forget MDA e-piano and 4Front Rhodes as well :-D

but my personal favourite of all is Lazysnake! :love:

less cpu than Mr. Ray and it has a somewhat more percussive character... :-D

- so many great e-piano emulations to choose from... 8)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes definately checkout Mr. Ray73.

I would definitly go with Lounge Lizard. I use it on just about every track. It can get gritty but that's pretty easy to fix, you just turn down the hammer hardness and force controls a little bit.

it'd be neat to have an ensemble to play around with the insides of tho! /me :love: epiano!
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Another vote for the Mr.Ray, Mr. Tramp duo. As far as emulations go- you dont get any closer...

S_A_P® wrote:Another vote for the Mr.Ray, Mr. Tramp duo. As far as emulations go- you dont get any closer...
what do you all think about Lazysnake? :-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Lazy snake? never heard of it.

Lazysnake is my favourite E piano - it rocks big time! 8)

Return to “Instruments”