midi control

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is there any software out there that will analyse an instrument or effect and tell you what cc params do what for that particular instrument, or what nrpn there are? i appreciate that it says that kind of stuff in the manuals, but there are alot that don't. also alot of instruments don't have a midi send, so that makes midi learn from a controller useless. it would save all that "trial and error" when programming rotary and fader controllers such as the BCF2000.
.....Stupid Gravity

Usually instruments that don't support midi learn have some kind of doc with the MIDI implementation chart. If by any chance there is none available you will have to try/fail I guess, as you can't monitor what the instrument sends. Fortunately, nearly every plugin I know does send midi data for host automation. In that case you can move a virtual knob and record it, so later you can take a look at the MIDI message list editor to see which CC it was. Also many host provide some kind of realtime MIDI monitor to do the same but realtime.
cheers.autoy

i have tried that autoy, i don't know if i was being a bit divvy when i tried it, but it didn't bring my cc number up in the list. yet it had been clearly automated. if you know what i mean.
.....Stupid Gravity

If it's automated then the data is there to be analized... :shrug:
cheers.autoy

i have tried again and again, i press record, i play my parts on keyboard, i tweak my synth. i open my list editor, and in the part i have just recorded there is only note messages. no cc's or nrpn messages. what am i doing wrong?
.....Stupid Gravity

there's a lot of variation in this.. eg. some hosts apprehend gui components and have other systems of assigning midi control.. eg. i use logic 4 which automatically assigns ccs 65-128 based on ascii order of param names..

email your developer if you can't find them!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Instruments”