GODkILLER Light - What Should Stay?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking at what to leave in and take out for GODkILLERlight. To achieve the aim of lower CPU usage, should I remove the Unison [or make it a "Dual" like in NEOkILLERlight] or keep the unison and remove an oscillator? The former probably won't reduce CPU much, especially if you don't use unison, but the latter will mean no RM or detuning of oscillators. At the moment I'm leaning towards a single oscillator as it will make it more different and better achieve its purpose.
Other than that, the delay will go and I'll experiment with the effect of removing an LFO and/or the Gate on CPU efficiency. Unless there is a drastic difference, which I doubt, they will stay.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

maybe cut the lfo's when there is no audio going?

I think that's one of the things that made Crystal such a CPU muncher.

(of course, what the hell do I know about LFO's :hihi: or SE)

I like the unison. Even with 2 or 3 voices and the slider at 0, there is a big sonic difference when it is switched on and off, not to mention when it is detuned. I would jettison the delay and gate(no gate mods).
Is there an easy way to turn the LFO's on or off to save cpu?
I like the two oscillators as well. If I had to pick between the two, I would go for two osc w/ no detune.
A one oscillator version would differ more, perhaps as a base specific synth.
..what goes around comes around..

Take out the delay, gate, and distortion, please.

Sickle wrote:Take out the delay, gate, and distortion, please.

No I'd say keep the gate - remove the delay and distortion as the gate can be used as a mod source.
Definately keep the dual LFO's and 2 oscillators.
Personally I can live without the unison.
I don't use it much on anything I program to be honest.
I would have preferred the above with one following request .
Have 3 EG's two hardwired (one to Amp one too Filter)
Have the third EG freely assignable via the mod matrix and make the EG an AHDHSR envelope with looping points on note on.
Would make for a great sounding synth with lots of flexibility IMHO .

So yeah piss of distortion / delay / unison IMHO

If you keep the gate as a modulation source maybe you should add an amount per step controller so it has more use as well as the ability to designate smooth/chop between steps..

Sickle wrote:If you keep the gate as a modulation source maybe you should add an amount per step controller so it has more use as well as the ability to designate smooth/chop between steps..

Now that is a damn good idea Sickle :!: :!: :) .

Hm...
I'd definitely say keep all the Oscs, the Unison, and the Distortion - those are really the character pieces of the synth. I'd say remove the gate, the delay, hardwire the envelopes, and remove one LFO if it's worth it.

FaX wrote:
Sickle wrote:If you keep the gate as a modulation source maybe you should add an amount per step controller so it has more use as well as the ability to designate smooth/chop between steps..

Now that is a damn good idea Sickle :!: :!: :) .
It's a fairly common thing to see applied to many steppers in Reaktor used for modulation.

Unfortunately, mod sources have comparatively little CPU overhead compared to things like oscillators and filters so keeping Unison and two oscillators won't help teh CPU situation much, if at all.
Sickle - The S&H slider does that randomly to the gate, doing any more would be 16 more f**king sliders. And the Envelope ATK and DEC sliders give you some control over the way the gate works. Maybe I could do a synth that had a beefed up gate as a specialty item.
BTW, you guys are no f**king help at all!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:lol:
Then ditch the unison and delay. sounds like they're the biggest cpu hogs. If all the mod routings don't eat much, leave 'em be.

BONES wrote:Unfortunately, mod sources have comparatively little CPU overhead compared to things like oscillators and filters so keeping Unison and two oscillators won't help teh CPU situation much, if at all.
Sickle - The S&H slider does that randomly to the gate, doing any more would be 16 more f**king sliders. And the Envelope ATK and DEC sliders give you some control over the way the gate works. Maybe I could do a synth that had a beefed up gate as a specialty item.
BTW, you guys are no f**king help at all!

Gee ThanX :roll: ..seriously just piss of the unison / distortion & delay .
Keep the rest as is and people can use there own delay / distortion / amp sim plug ins etc etc as they see fit IMHO.
Do not loose that second f**king LFO or I'll have Rellik castrated for suggesting it . :x :x :x :lol:
The gate needs to be kept - using as a mod source is a great touch and the second LFo makes a huge difference to the types of sounds Godkiller can and does make .

BONES wrote:BTW, you guys are no f**king help at all!
:hihi:

Ok, just make enough clear space on the GUI & put your autograph in there or something..kinda like this:

That help any? :)

Sickle wrote:
BONES wrote:BTW, you guys are no f**king help at all!
:hihi:

Ok, just make enough clear space on the GUI & put your autograph in there or something..kinda like this:

That help any? :)

Bwahahahahahha - spits mouthful of tea over keyboard :hihi: :hihi: :D . That was hysterical.

maybe include a gateless gate?
5 twelve

Return to “Instruments”