Kick Ass Brass,. Garritan Big Band Brass, Arturia Brass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are these 3 VSTInstruments covering the same territory?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I dont know :roll:

me either :cry:

Just guessing: Garritan is sample-based, so should be great for putting together ensembles; Arturia is modeling-based, so great for solos. I'll likely buy both, as brass is rather missing in my collection.

Arturia Brass is physically modeled, whereas the other two are sample based.

A well implemented PM should give you total sonic control over your trumpets and stuff.

It can even offer the choice to have your trumpet made of strawberries. Or, loop your flute, make it a circle.

What remains to be seen is what parameters we get to control and, how good does it sound?

In any case, PM is much more CPU hungry than samples are.
OTOH, samples take much disk space and require enough memory and a fast HD.

You forgot Linplug's SaxLab BTW.
Last edited by cptgone on Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not really - from what I can tell Arturia is aimed at expressive PM stuff (and the demos sounded rather synthetic compared to a VL), KAB is more aimed at your Staxx style funky brass and Garritan Big Band is more aimed at jazzy stuff.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

griels wrote:Not really - from what I can tell Arturia is aimed at expressive PM stuff (and the demos sounded rather synthetic compared to a VL), KAB is more aimed at your Staxx style funky brass and Garritan Big Band is more aimed at jazzy stuff.
what demoes?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
griels wrote:Not really - from what I can tell Arturia is aimed at expressive PM stuff (and the demos sounded rather synthetic compared to a VL), KAB is more aimed at your Staxx style funky brass and Garritan Big Band is more aimed at jazzy stuff.
what demoes?
There was an (rather synthetic sounding) mp3 demo on the Arturia site.. They seem to have taken it down though.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Yeah it's gonna be a brass field day (don't get hung up on saxes being brass or w/w they are part of a brass section).

Apart from Garritan, KAB and Arturia.

Yellow tools have announced that their 9GB sax set is finally ready. Complete with soprano, alto, tenor, baritone and bass sax and diff. mouthpiece options.

A company called fablesounds are releasing "Broadway Big Band"

And lastly, Wizard Media GmbH are releasing saxes as well.

So if brass is your thing then the next few months should be sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!

(wipes drool of keyboard)

Ben H
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I've tried the Arturia Brass at the messe. Trombone sounded really fine, trumpet a bit worse (still cool though). I didn't try the saxophone model.

k

so, where are your messe pics, soulata? :roll: :lol:
peace, Image

Return to “Instruments”