Reaktor Electronic Instruments 2 XT question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am just about to buy Reaktor Sessions and Electronic Instruments 2. I just noticed that they are sellling EE2 XT that functions as standalone and audio unit/vst plug-ins that don't run through reaktor. do you think you'd get better cpu performance through these things running as simple plug-ins rather than as ensembles in reaktor? i imagine reaktor on its own is consuming cycles, right? i'm on a slow mac by the way, so i need all the cpu i can muster!

No idea really, I can't imagine many people will own Reaktor Session and then purchase the XT versions (no point) so it will be hard to get a comparison.

I don't think that it works that way...reaktor4 alone uses 1-2% or the cpu so there will be no difference as the EI2 essembles are very demanding 20 to 30% of the CPU. if you are about to BUY software BUY the full reaktor package not session...

why should i buy reaktor over sessions? i have no intention of building my own instruments--i just want to use instruments already built by others.

CypherOne wrote:No idea really, I can't imagine many people will own Reaktor Session and then purchase the XT versions (no point) so it will be hard to get a comparison.
I don't know - just try running the standalone of Carbon or Limelite and comparing that to the ensemble versions. I've not tried this myself yet but I suspect there would be little difference though as the Standalones are basically just using a dedicated Reaktor sessions shell anyway.

Return to “Instruments”