How to trigger a Volume Envelope with Input Signal?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Guys... I am trying to think of a way to Activate a Volume Envelope somehow with the input signal (transients) of a guitar or an other Instrument so I can have the Attack Hold and Decay phases like I can do on a synth sound for example... The only think I managed is to add an attack time using an expander (gate) but my gate plugin has maximum attack time of only 1second.. I cannot think of a way though to create a Decay after a specific time.. Do you guys know how to do that.. Or any special plugin that does that... It would be something like .. a plugin that regognises transients and activates a volume envelope with adjustable AHDSR.

here is an image example of what I want to achieve Image

Pls help

Doing my best to understand what you mean here and then trying to wrap my head around some plugins I've invested in but haven't explored fully for this kind of use. Could you use something like Unfiltered Audios "G8 Dynamic Gate" in "Oneshot" mode? Try the demo and see if it does what you're after.

Another possibility may be some or other of the MeldaProduction plugins, but I'll have to think a bit about which one. Something that allows you to use the flexible modulators in envelope mode to fully controll the volume would probably give you the effect you want.

Thanks Gone soft for your reply..

G8 Dynamic Gate actually does what I want but... Attack and hold times are short ( 0.5sec or something ).. I managed to achieve that same effect using Gate - Compressor - Gate ... with the attack being 1 sec.

I ll try to describe more clearly what I want... I want the Volume of the Incoming Audio (like a Guitar in Real Time) to be controlled by an AHD Envelope which is triggered by the the same Incoming Audio Reaching a certain Threshold or by recognising the transients of the signal.

Thank you again for your reply.. If you can think of a better way to do that it would be great.

Ok ... I finally managed to achieve what I had in mind... I used MMultiBandRythmizer Plugin from Melda Production (which is awesome btw) .. It has an Envelope Modulator which regognises input signal (you set a maximum threshold where the envelope is triggered and a minimum threshold where the envelope stops) and then you can use this to modulate any parameter in the plugin and even send midi info to an external device... I knew Melda Production is awesome !

Return to “Sound Design”