Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound (Rolling Bass)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, so i want to know how to make that rolling bass/pluck in the Greyhound intro. I've heard that SHM maybe used u-he ACE for that. SHM also used to go through presets and not make sounds so maybe that sound is laying somewhere but i have not found it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRKSIj2tMc

Saw wave (2 voices) -> slight detune between those two saw voices -> white noise oscillator -> lowpass filter with a tiny bit of drive on it -> filter cutoff envelope with small to no sustain, small to medium decay -> pitch envelope with tiny amount of decay and no sustain and envelope amount shouldn't be too high because you don't want it to be too poppy, but instead you want the high end of the pitch envelope to be slightly filtered -> for the AMP envelope, I'd have an attack of 0, decay similar to your filter envelope decay, sustain at 0 or very tiny, depends on how it sounds, and a release that is similar to your decay. As for processing after you synthesize the sound, a bit of EQ'ing and compression is all you'll need. Hope that helps!

Cheers :D

- DC

This is a preset from Sylenth1 i have it if you want.

Return to “Sound Design”