weird delay problem with Korg MS-2000B

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Korg MS-2000B has recently developed an odd problem and I have no idea what is causing it. On certain patches, when I play something I hear the same thing repeated at dwindling volumes after about 4 or 5 seconds. If I play something and then change the patch I will still hear the original sound repeated. For some reason not all the patches are affected. While trying to fix this problem, I began by restoring the factory defaults. When that didn't work I loaded the extra patch bank that Korg provides on their website. Again, about half the patches are affected. I double-checked all my MIDI settings and global settings, and tried playing on the Korg keyboard and sending MIDI it with the same results. The synth hasn't always done this. I'd greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

-Thanks, M

Are you sure the delay effect on the synth is disabled?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

quite sure. not to mention the delay time doesn't go nearly as high as the sort of delays/echoes that i'm getting. when i get a chance i'll record it and post a sample.
-M

EDIT: to avoid confusion that first post was me. i was on my roommate's computer.

It's haunted.

Get a priest. :wink:

Sounds a little like it might be the global settings within your host, or does it do this when played disconnected from the host/sequencer? That would be my first test...take it out of the midi loop completely and play it with no midi cables connected. If it still does it, then check again all your keyboard global settings, if you're absolutely sure it's not that, then I dunno. Can't understand why it'd do it only on some patches. Definitely test it unconnected from anything else. :wink:

Hello! I stumbled on this topic, searching for the solution for the exact same problem! I was trying to figure it out and I think I found the source of the problem. Did you ever find out what is causing it? Did you manage to fix it?

Cheers!

Better just post the cause you found. Its unlikely that the OP would see it after 11 years...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”