efm - group buy on stomp box series

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tomg wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:What features will the delay have ?
uh... well... delay? I was thinking three knobs delay, decay, mix with a in/out switch. I guess I could make two versions. CV to delay time is an easy addition. What would you like in the way of features?
When you say "decay" do you mean feedback ?
CV to delay time would be cool. Any idea of minimum and maximum times ?
I'd like hold , reverse and time multiplier (all buttons or switches) and a send/return in the feedback loop.

Sickle wrote:I'm in for a Slow Gear clone or some kind of attack/release.

Don't need any Muff's; I've got just about ever stage of its development tree already.

How about a Roland Bee Baa clone?

2 channel KILLER fuzz(think Big Muff meets Fender Blender) with a built-in gain booster.

That's a bad motherf**ker, man.
The Bee Baa should be easy. I like it. Cool. :)

Sickle wrote:Yo, Tom, whatever you decide to do I'll be good for one; I'd just like to have a box made from ya; we've been buddies long time.

:D
Check! :D

Acid Mitch wrote:
tomg wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:What features will the delay have ?
uh... well... delay? I was thinking three knobs delay, decay, mix with a in/out switch. I guess I could make two versions. CV to delay time is an easy addition. What would you like in the way of features?
When you say "decay" do you mean feedback ?
CV to delay time would be cool. Any idea of minimum and maximum times ?
I'd like hold , reverse and time multiplier (all buttons or switches) and a send/return in the feedback loop.
Yes that's what I mean. Ooooh me too. :) I doubt it though. :(

We'll see what happens. :shrug:

my vote is for a delay with **Resonant HP/LP filter** on the feedback, there is no affordable such small hardware effect, I would pay 100 USD for that box,
digital delay should be more than 8 bit though and at least 12000 sampleRate,
delay time at least 4 seconds,

controls: dry out, wet out, time, feedback gain, filter type, Reso, CutOff,
possible? <grin>

liqih wrote:my vote is for a delay with **Resonant HP/LP filter** on the feedback, there is no affordable such small hardware effect, I would pay 100 USD for that box,
digital delay should be more than 8 bit though and at least 12000 sampleRate,
delay time at least 4 seconds,

controls: dry out, wet out, time, feedback gain, filter type, Reso, CutOff,
possible? <grin>
I don't know. I think so. There is a 12bit 20 second chip, with lot's of options but I don't have the details handy. I'll look into it. The filter part should not be a problem but I don't know for sure because I never tried it.

BTW There are some BBD chips available so maybe I can do a flanger/chorus/analog delay too. I'll have to get some ICs ordered and see how the breadboarding works out.

tomg wrote:
Sickle wrote:I'm in for a Slow Gear clone or some kind of attack/release.

Don't need any Muff's; I've got just about ever stage of its development tree already.

How about a Roland Bee Baa clone?

2 channel KILLER fuzz(think Big Muff meets Fender Blender) with a built-in gain booster.

That's a bad motherf**ker, man.
The Bee Baa should be easy. I like it. Cool. :)
f**k YEAH< BEE BAA WTF?!?!?!?!!!
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

I'd buy the BeeBaa and the filterbank ( for trombone :hihi:)
Coffee please, black, no sugar.

Depending on cost and the size of the enclosure, I'd likely be in for two BeeBaas. If they were small pedal size, like standard Boss size, and had 9V adaptor jacks. Of course, I'd be over the moon if it was a single stereo enclosure that ran off a single 9V input, but it's best to be a realist about such things since I'm not sure how many folk would be into that. Otherwise, I'd likely be down for two.
Last edited by shamann on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

shamann wrote:Depending on cost and the size of the enclosure, I'd likely be in for two BeeBaas. If they were small pedal size, like standard Boss size, and had 9V adaptor jacks. Of course, I'd be over the moon if it was a single stereo enclosure that ran on off a single 9V input, but it's best to be a realist about such things since I'm not sure how many folk would be into that. Otherwise, I'd likely be down for two.
I'd be down for some stereo disnortion on the cheap. Tell me where to put my paypal info!

That's two for a stereo BeeBaa, any other takers?

A little of what the BeeBaa sounds like (thick and woolly kind of fuzz, with a rattly treble booster):

http://www.tonefrenzy.com/effects/roland_beebaa.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJr9mFTVfCc

So just imagine a stereo groovebox run through that, or a synth, or a sampler, or your laptop outputs throughout.

stereo ins/outs only or stereo control? (ie two pedals in one)

I'd guess two pedals in one, with maybe some shared controls. That's what I have on my stereo Scrambler clone, shared controls for output gain and blend, separate controls for the distortion texture setting.

Beebaa has 3 switches and 4 pots, two in one would lead to 6 switches and 8 pots, I think that would need to be simplified some for a stereo box. You could use a dual pot for the volume. One possibility is to do like the Barge Concepts BB-Jr. Beebaa clone and drop the boost (which is really just the first gain stage of the fuzz circuit isolated from the rest). So that would eliminate two switches and two knobs, getting it down to five pots if a dual was used on volume and 4 switches. And, pie in the sky, maybe a sixth pot for channel bleed of some kind.

Tom willing of course. :)

shamann wrote:I'd guess two pedals in one, with maybe some shared controls. That's what I have on my stereo Scrambler clone, shared controls for output gain and blend, separate controls for the distortion texture setting.

Beebaa has 3 switches and 4 pots, two in one would lead to 6 switches and 8 pots, I think that would need to be simplified some for a stereo box. You could use a dual pot for the volume. One possibility is to do like the Barge Concepts BB-Jr. Beebaa clone and drop the boost (which is really just the first gain stage of the fuzz circuit isolated from the rest). So that would eliminate two switches and two knobs, getting it down to five pots if a dual was used on volume and 4 switches. And, pie in the sky, maybe a sixth pot for channel bleed of some kind.

Tom willing of course. :)
I did a mock layout and I don't think there is room on the largest power coated box I can buy and I don't want to paint. I just started looking into it though and something could click into place. I played with the idea of leaving the boost off too. Just dunno yet. :shrug:

Well, I hope you come up with something, but if not, I still maintain I'd likely be in for two regular BeeBaa-alikes otherwise.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”