Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:I don't see pics :uhuhuh:
Half the fun is the dreaming?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Well, it's kinda like "pics or stfu" or "worthless w/o pics" or "no, pics? it didn't happen" I think I've been guilty once of this.

Now ya do.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Nice!!

hibidy wrote:Well, it's kinda like "pics or stfu" or "worthless w/o pics" or "no, pics? it didn't happen" I think I've been guilty once of this.
Seems like an existential argument. "Pics or it didn't happen"...literally.

I'd post pics of all my guitars but since most of them were purchased before the thread started and those that I aquired during the time of this thread it kind of defeats the point.

Yeah maybe it is exsistential but as a proud buyer shouldn't you want to show off what you've got? hibidy is right I should have snapped it as soon as I got it.
I had a few dumb moments. Like okay where's my video camera? I'm going to need to charge it first. Okay where's that stupid power supply. Where's that funky usb cable for it? How do I work this thing again?

Then finally.... Oh yeah I finally own a smart phone with a camera. It's the first pic I've taken with a phone.

Behind it is my Godin Freeway SA. Not that anyone was looking.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm glad you posted it. I was actually wondering what that guitar was. I can't speak for anyone else but I like all the photos. The visual brings it home.

A couple of people have gotten the ibanez I'm interested in and it's apparently every bit the part. Mr wallet says NO though, so for prolly about 4 months, no new babies. Luckily I love what I have.

A pr0n shot of the same model as you've just got Mike except it is the black finish, They are nice for sure but they have one annoying problem which is fairly easy to sort out yet really ought to not of had this problem to begin with, If you look at the lowest string, The machine head and how the string after it leaves the nut is forced to bend at a daft angle oppose to the rest of the strings is just a bad design floor, It made this one not useable as a studio/recording guitar as the low would constantly choose to go flat or sharp. It's something Paul would usually almost notice but because it was a Tele he couldn't try before buying he missed it

and hopefully more noticeable in this image
The best playing out of all the Telecasters I have played is Paul's 2013 recording guitar 2 which replaces an older one that has been played to death and needed a successor and it is now a backup to this one
Only work it needed was a better (and humbucking stacked single-coil in the bridge which IIRC is one of Artec's models), Set of 11s and a slight setup for C# Standard tuning plus a few cap and resistor mods on the tone and volume. The one at the top of this picture is the one it has taken over duties from
It plays easily as well as any USA made 7ender's I've tried and sounds just right for him/his want and needs. I can try to take a proper closer picture of the one problem with the Blacktop Tele HH which I noticed/pointed out as causing the low string being funky if you like, Just let me know as I'm catching up with ma homeboy :hihi: tomorrow as it has a heavy set on the lowers (No wound third like my shit though, Also I've had similar nags that are easy enough to sort out but really shouldn't of been there to begin with you know? I hate any aspect of bad product design :x ) Other than that one daft overlooked spot they are great and a lot of Tele for a super friendly price. Here is an example but only with the stock 9s on it, Its still easy to spot
Perhaps yours doesn't suffer from the same problem Mike but I suspect it will do with heavier lows on it, I hope it does not FWIW dude, Can also give you the details on what was done to resolve it in case it will be helpful to you, Just give me a shout.

Ah as it happens with just a quick google search this thread on the seven string forums popped up and the post by a dude called Ghost40 shows how the mexico variety especially the strat type headstock variant don't have this issue whilst others confirm shitty QC, Actually Ghost40 has done a Hink with Warmoth neck and numerous others upgrades...etc. so just used a Mexican carcass for the bodies http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standa ... yet-2.html

Best to all as always :D

Dean

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Image
Someone likes a hot neck pickup. That thing's cranked up!
If you look at the lowest string, The machine head and how the string after it leaves the nut is forced to bend at a daft angle oppose to the rest of the strings is just a bad design floor
The nut can be filed down pretty drastically behind the breaking point. That ought to help out. It's great for Les Paul's, too, where every string leaves the nut at a funny angle. Ibanez and Music Man really get this right, even better than PRS and Fender.

Dammit I hate you Dean j/k).

I see it now. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play it. I need to sit it on the bench and give it a thorough going over. Put a fresh set of 11's on it drop the tuning let it settle lower the action check the neck and intonate. I'll prolly make some minor adjustments to the pickup hieght as well.

Uncle E wrote:

That's the way mine came too. Not only does the neck pickup sit high its loud. The more I play it the more I realize this is no jeff beck blow by blow telecaster.

Damn thing is fighting me I've been making minor adjustments to it for the last four hours. The frets are uneven but they are also practically none existant.This is no medium jumbo this is a low jumbo. I bring down the action and it's fine. Come back 15 minutes later and it's not fine. This thing isn't even close to intonated. I start trying to make minor adjustments to that and then it dawns on me. No one pulled the strings. (even me)

Folks on kvr sure love telecasters. Anyway, I have my next guitar now, recently purchased, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewdo8PEFH-E
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

cool man!

tapper mike wrote:Dammit I hate you Dean j/k).

I see it now. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play it. I need to sit it on the bench and give it a thorough going over. Put a fresh set of 11's on it drop the tuning let it settle lower the action check the neck and intonate. I'll prolly make some minor adjustments to the pickup hieght as well.
It will settle and as Eric pointed out one way to sort that one niggle.
Indeed the two blacktops I've played (The black finish Strat HH which I liked) and Paul's Tele HH both play great without being too thin and fast neck wise, I think the balance is just right for what a modern 2xHB Strat and Tele should be able to cover. They are versatile for sure, Perhaps adding a 5 way pickup selector along with tapping each coil would make for a guitar that could do almost any sound one could use/need especially for live work :)

I really didn't want to point that niggle out Mike as it your new beast but as a dude I would be doing you a big disservice. Once you've ironed out the minor creases and got those strings stretched proper you'll be away :tu:
Uncle E wrote:
If you look at the lowest string, The machine head and how the string after it leaves the nut is forced to bend at a daft angle oppose to the rest of the strings is just a bad design floor
The nut can be filed down pretty drastically behind the breaking point. That ought to help out. It's great for Les Paul's, too, where every string leaves the nut at a funny angle. Ibanez and Music Man really get this right, even better than PRS and Fender.
Yeah mate, Its down to two things, Firstly is the one volume control so as it is shared, When its lowered the cleans ring a bit more and it more balanced level wise when switching (As I can't recall what Paul went for at the bridge but it is one of those dual blade ceramic extra hot jobs...Even places I don't tread as you know I'm an alnico V man). Secondly when I'm doing my OTT sweep picking and tapping shit that if available I usually will flick to the neck bucker for it as it aids in making it more fluid sounding, So it gotta be liquid/buttery but with all the full fat left on - Basically what the Dimarzio liquifire does effortlessly for Petrucci *Not that I'm comparing myself to JP*, Just you know the crunchlab and liquifire set well and the reasons they are voiced/work the way they do :D

Speak soon gents, Cheers

Dean

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”