Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Again, as someone who wanted a 7 string since a long time ago.......

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/ ... -08-detail

It god-like. LSS, I got it used (always wanted one) and it absolutely amazing how good of guitar it is.

The ibby I tried (and sent back for a number of issues) was WAY more expensive and didn't cut it.

This one sounds fantastic, plays even better, and for 600 USD (well, there was tax because it was local and I'm cali) it's nearly flawless. One ding on the back (bottom horn) and that's it! Other than that, it's like new. No fretware, no hardware issues, and plays fantastic on all frets! Not sure what the original owner was smoking :scared:

The pups are perfectly matched. My original post about it included the "black ops" as a possible option but it doesn't look like it does in the pics so I "n/m'ed" it.

Unless something breaks, for the last two weeks it's been stellar. I consider it a find.

beautiful guitar. way to pick up the bargain!

you have coil tapping on either/both pups?

Thanks!

Yep. Schecters have a push/pull. The Nazgul/Sentient with the covers are terrific. The 26.5 is a dream! I didn't know if I'd like that.

Now I'm thinking about one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClA43tYV4fE

I like this color better though:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... h+Ad+Group

I'll wait until one shows up locally, no hurry at all.

As much as I am not a fan of ibby's I liked the old luke more.

Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I know you guys like to bash Gibson ... heck I even agree with most of the bashing. But, I'm really considering one of the 2016 premiers. I've always wanted an ES-335, but one I like never seems to coincide with when I'm ready to buy. Last year I played one at a show, loved it ... set it down to play another one, and while I was playing the other one someone bought the one I liked. I tried about 10 more after that and none was "right". The new premiers have torrefied wood, so kind of pre-aged resonance. Still haven't played one, but I've heard good things so far. I love the new faded lightburst color.

If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Those Music Man guitars play great by the way, but they sound like ass. Have you ever heard Steve's live tone? yuk. Great player though.

SJ_Digriz wrote:I know you guys like to bash Gibson ... heck I even agree with most of the bashing. But, I'm really considering one of the 2016 premiers. I've always wanted an ES-335, but one I like never seems to coincide with when I'm ready to buy. Last year I played one at a show, loved it ... set it down to play another one, and while I was playing the other one someone bought the one I liked. I tried about 10 more after that and none was "right". The new premiers have torrefied wood, so kind of pre-aged resonance. Still haven't played one, but I've heard good things so far. I love the new faded lightburst color.

I don't bash Gibson, I love a good gibby even if it's out of my range.

My first guitar was a gibson ES-335 and I've got great memories of it. Though if I were looking these days I'd pick up a 336
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote: I don't bash Gibson, I love a good gibby even if it's out of my range.
I think folks, including me, can get caught up in the shenanigans of the owner and his questionable business practices being done in the name of a brand that means something to us. However, the guys at the custom shop and the Memphis group are still amazing luthiers. The question is always about the premium price that may not match the quality of the gear. There are lot of amazing guitar companies out there producing things that probably rival or surpass the standard Gibby fare at a better price point. That doesn't mean I don't want an ES-335. :help:

SJ_Digriz wrote:...There are lot of amazing guitar companies out there producing things that probably rival or surpass the standard Gibby fare at a better price point. That doesn't mean I don't want an ES-335. :help:
I think it's kinda like a Porsche - you really don't need a Les Paul or a sweet 335 or a Birdland or a Firebird . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I've had my eye on a Gibson Midtown Bass:

I actually bought an old 70's Epiphone EA-260 and it was complete junk. The bent top and sides couldn't handle the big bass strings. The Midtown is different from other hollowbody basses in that the tone chambers are carved out of a solid piece of wood.

Uncle E wrote: I actually bought an old 70's Epiphone EA-260 and it was complete junk. The bent top and sides couldn't handle the big bass strings. The Midtown is different from other hollowbody basses in that the tone chambers are carved out of a solid piece of wood.
I always wondered about that. Most of the original semi-hollow basses were very short scale.

incubus wrote:
Now I'm thinking about one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClA43tYV4fE

I like this color better though:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... h+Ad+Group
I had a Luke III H/S/S for a while ($1200 on blowout sale at GC).
It was a nice instrument (all rosewood neck).
If you're used to Med Jumbo frets, the Luke's are smaller.
That was really the only downside for me.
MusicMan makes some nice instruments.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

SJ_Digriz wrote:Those Music Man guitars play great by the way, but they sound like ass. Have you ever heard Steve's live tone?
Isn't tone all in the fingers... :wink:

Uncle E wrote:I've had my eye on a Gibson Midtown Bass:

I actually bought an old 70's Epiphone EA-260 and it was complete junk. The bent top and sides couldn't handle the big bass strings. The Midtown is different from other hollowbody basses in that the tone chambers are carved out of a solid piece of wood.
Oooh thats nice! Now just get it in a decent color and you've got something.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”