Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cheers, will post a pic when it arrives, hopefully this week.

SJ_Digriz wrote:well those can be a crap shoot, but in general they are great guitars. Usually, you can get them to be as good as the LP model they knock off. So, I'd be excited too. A friend just got one of the 335 specials. It plays and sounds great too. So, Happy Birthday and congrats! Hopefully it will be a keeper.
Thank you, SJ! 8)

incubus wrote:I am not a snob, I'm happy for you and your purchase mr grand! :D
Thanks, incubus!

incubus wrote:Exactly. I don't like everything everyone else likes, or the same back. Who cares? It's a kick-ass thread by and large.
Yes I'm seeing there are some very cool people in this thread. I know some guitar snobs in my personal life, so this thread is a breath of fresh air! :hihi:

tapper mike wrote:
Uncle E wrote:I've had poor luck with neck through but I'm guessing it's because most of them are maple. I'd love to try a mahogany or korina neck through. Unfortunately, the local Carvin store closed down so it's not so easy to try.
I had a Washburn Falcon with a 5 piece neck mahogany and maple. It was a thick D shape
Image Maple back with walnut cap wings. I wish I could remember what happened to that. It was meaty strong and you could pull harmonics from outer space on it. Extremely low action. Mighty, Ballsy tone. Harsher and longer lasting than an LP. More like an Ibanez Iceman or a Gibson Explorer.

I also had one of the first JB Players which at that time was made less that 4 miles away. Back then it was all electric guitars.

Had to have been the thinnest neck I"ve ever played on. Very stable with 09's but I feared setting it up with any gauge higher. Great harmonics, Lots of sustain but it was wispy bright. I was forever turning down the tone and boosting the mid on my amp. Still was a lot of fun to play.
Wow, that Washburn is one sexy-looking geetar!

Digging those stripes :love:
Last edited by Russell Grand on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SJ_Digriz wrote:well those can be a crap shoot, but in general they are great guitars. Usually, you can get them to be as good as the LP model they knock off. So, I'd be excited too. A friend just got one of the 335 specials. It plays and sounds great too. So, Happy Birthday and congrats! Hopefully it will be a keeper.
Oh, and that Gibson 335 is a very nice piece of gear!

Show me a person who doesn't like this, and I show a blind person :hihi:

I still can't make up my mind (and I'm close to having the coin)

incubus wrote:Show me a person who doesn't like this, and I show a blind person :hihi:

I still can't make up my mind (and I'm close to having the coin)
That sure would be sweet in a 16 string model :hihi:

hehe, mine will be 6 :oops:

Guys, just saw this and recommend you watch it. Shoots down a couple of myths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9aRyCwUDwY

I think a may pull the trigger on this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SECU24TG2 I don't know ? Seems affordable it has humbuckers that also has a coil tap switch so you can use it like single coils too. Seems cool I don't know , I got crap to sell still ... I'm also kinda wanting this one too but not digging the cream buttons and flat black headstock major F'up there .. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GD20VSB

G & L keep up with a Fender half the price made by the guy that started fender.

keena1978 wrote:G & L keep up with a Fender half the price made by the guy that started fender.
Yeah I wouldn't mind getting that Jerry Cantrell G & L ...

fedexnman wrote:I think a may pull the trigger on this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SECU24TG2 I don't know ? Seems affordable it has humbuckers that also has a coil tap switch so you can use it like single coils too. Seems cool I don't know , I got crap to sell still ... I'm also kinda wanting this one too but not digging the cream buttons and flat black headstock major F'up there .. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GD20VSB
I've always liked those. Sometimes I miss my SE (you still have it Uncle? )

They seem very versatile from what I've seen on YouTube and some reviews .. I'm mainly an acoustic player so I'd like to have something that has that vintage/modern thing going on in an electric in its looks and sounds because I only really want to own one electric , same with a bass , funny on Bass I'm not real picky at all I like the jazz single coil neck pickup sound blemd it with the bridge a tad to kill the hum and I'm done , the Lakland skyline we're affordable and I have no gas for a Bass , I even changed out my pickups and pre in the Lakland with Nord stuff , I actually think the Korean Bart's that we're in it we're fine so I probably wasted my money on the upgrade sheeeet who knows . I think PRS does this with there 2017 SE custom line , I hope I plan on getting this in September I like the green but sweetwater also has a grey/black that's a sweetwater exclusive , kind looks very incubus ish that grey/black .. they also have a bunch of SE with the zebra styled pickups , which Im not a fan of too gibsonish probably why I like the green and the grey/black models they have .

The wife surprised me with this today Im super excited about it!!
DuoSonic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”