Novation UltraNova!!!!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now if they'd make a comparable software editor for my X station and the Supernova 2, I'd be the happiest Novation customer. I hate accessing those sub menus in the 2 line lcd screen...

Looks cool, much more capable than older Supernovas (wavetables, 6 envelopes, 20 modulation slots!). Too bad it doesn't come in 5 octave version.

tehlord wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
thats what the multipage software editor is for :hihi:
Oh right I see, so like, V-Station or something :lol:

:D
i was making a joke on the multipage thing, not sure id you got it or not.... :oops: :hihi:

novation synths always sounded crappy* to me, relied on FX too much :shrug:

*its a technical term used by pro's, i could explain what it means, but i cant be dont understand it myself

I tune in with the whinos: Novation have indeed lost their touch, and it's not coming back anytime soon. This thing looks cheap and plasticky. Looks like something from M-Audio or Behringer.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Who was complaining about the lack of direct control?? the ultranova has by far the most number of knobs in front :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:so now Korg, Akai and Novation all have the same synths out....

just having regular size keys alone makes it better than the comparable KORG unit...

-M

p.s. those are regular size keys i'm looking at, right??

As a user of a Waldorf Blofeld i have to say that the synth is nice but doesn't impress me, also if i compare the user interface. The editing matrix of the Blofeld in combination with the graphical display is really fantastic for such a small synth. Feature wise the UltraNova and the Blofeld seem to be close but of course the Blofeld has a more sophisicated wavetable/wavescanning engine and sample import (60 MB). I could not judge about the sound quality but the Blofeld is also excellent in this.
It's also written that the UltraNova is not multitimbral so quite useless for doing whole songs.

Finally the UltraNova looks at least much more interesting than the Alesis Micron, the Miniak or the MicroKorg. On it's own it looks interesting but compared to other synths like e.g. the Blofeld this is a matter of taste.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

What comes around goes around. Wait a few years knobs will be back.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Looks just up my street... anyone here from Novation?
Wouldn't mind programming some factory sounds for this beauty.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:

Rob

Oh look, the Ambassador has turned up.

Ferrero Rocher anyone?

Kriminal wrote:
i was making a joke on the multipage thing, not sure id you got it or not.... :oops: :hihi:
I did indeed get your joke, and my own version was that the multi page VST/software already exists in the shape of V-Station, and that doesn't need a ridiculous hardware dongle to run it :wink:

DrGonzo wrote:I tune in with the whinos: Novation have indeed lost their touch, and it's not coming back anytime soon. This thing looks cheap and plasticky. Looks like something from M-Audio or Behringer.
I've owned 3 Novation nd 3 M-Audio MIDI controllers in the last year and the M-Audio one's have been excellent quality. My current 3rd gen Oxygen 49 is ridiculously solid for the price, and I had an ancient Radium that lasted a decade before I sold it for £20, and it's still going strong. The Novation stuff was universally shite.

tehlord wrote:
rob_lee wrote:

Rob

Oh look, the Ambassador has turned up.

Ferrero Rocher anyone?

What's that supposed to mean :x
Nevermind think i missed the boat with this one however im gonna pick one of these up when i can and do a bank for it..
I used to own the Supernova and this one looks top notch..

Chow :D

Ingonator wrote:As a user of a Waldorf Blofeld i have to say that the synth is nice but doesn't impress me.
That depends on how you use the tools Ingo :) Blofeld rocks for sure but then in the right hands so will this IMO

Rob

rob_lee wrote:

It means you're a force of peace, calm and common sense! :hihi:

tehlord wrote:
rob_lee wrote:

It means you're a force of peace, calm and common sense! :hihi:
Im neither of those Geoff :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Rob