M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:it's here :D
Woohoo! 8)

I thought today would be a good day to wear this t-shirt :tu:

So far I'm very happy :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

awesome! :)

nice tee, i have a couple of those ...

:tu:

so far I'm not finding how to assign the lfo to different parameters, perhaps that's next in the manual. :shrug:

edit: piece of cake :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:Image

I thought today would be a good day to wear this t-shirt :tu:

So far I'm very happy :)
Cool shirt. :)

Hey, what do you think of using a Waldorf Rocket with the Venom? Maybe bringing the input in through the Venom's input?
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

If anyone is using VenomEd and MophoEd on a same system, the VenomEd needs a quick update. There's nothing else new on this installer than compatibility fixes for the MophoEd editor.

Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Ve ... b_demo.exe

Btw. I'll try to work on a new update soon. There really is some broken parts in AUX effects for example. The documentation mentions all kinds of controls for the effects that have no "effect" on them at all. PreDelay for example. Or the Gate controls for delays..(in verbs they do work). So lot's and lot's of debugging to do. :bang:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote: Btw. I'll try to work on a new update soon. There really is some broken parts in AUX effects for example. The documentation mentions all kinds of controls for the effects that have no "effect" on them at all. PreDelay for example. Or the Gate controls for delays..(in verbs they do work). So lot's and lot's of debugging to do. :bang:
8)

PatchAdamz wrote:
CapnLockheed wrote:
I think it is likely the hardware as my Venom has done the same thing with the
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:
I had this happen for several days in a row, finally after several hard re-sets it stopped.

Hasn't happened since, fortunately. :)
Thank you guys for this, I knew what to do when this happened to me. It only seems to happen when I have Samp open and use Vyzex and when I go through presets using the knob on the synth :shrug:

I have gone through this synth since Friday and really I have to say everything seems to me to be very straight forward, nothing has really left me "stuck". The matrix is great, I like how if you click on a parameter dialog box it brings up options for the value instead of a cursor. Some parameters are hard to fine tune and not needing to type makes it easier when I'm working with my laptop (not my primary DAW).

I have soft synths (g-force retro pack, especially minimonsta is my favorite), but I see this as something that could really change my non-existent production rate :)

Couldn't agree more Hink.....I'm more guitar oriented too and I find Venom pretty easy to get around in...got a few more hardware synthies..Roland SH-32 & XV-3080 RedSound Darkstar XP2, Novation X-Station, Yamaha AN200, TX802 & TQ5, EMU Vintage Keys & Virtuoso loaded with Orch1, Composer & XL2 ROMS and Minimonsta's a fav too,(LOVE the Tim Blake patch!)....but I'm really digging my Venom and can see using it a lot....I've been finding it sits really well with guitars in the mix.
Last edited by CapnLockheed on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Hink wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:
CapnLockheed wrote:
I think it is likely the hardware as my Venom has done the same thing with the
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:
I had this happen for several days in a row, finally after several hard re-sets it stopped.

Hasn't happened since, fortunately. :)
Thank you guys for this, I knew what to do when this happened to me. It only seems to happen when I have Samp open and use Vyzex and when I go through presets using the knob on the synth :shrug:

I have gone through this synth since Friday and really I have to say everything seems to me to be very straight forward, nothing has really left me "stuck". The matrix is great, I like how if you click on a parameter dialog box it brings up options for the value instead of a cursor. Some parameters are hard to fine tune and not needing to type makes it easier when I'm working with my laptop (not my primary DAW).

I have soft synths (g-force retro pack, especially minimonsta is my favorite), but I see this as something that could really change my non-existent production rate :)
Hope that was of some help.
I have not had any issues since the resets.

Oddly, it took several hard resets to get it back to normal.
This made me wonder if Venom had some serious issues.
Fortunately, it has worked fine since the re-set.

When I was designing "Sonic Boost for Venom", I found that there are some boundaries to maintain when programming the device.
The new editor is helpful but Venom does have some limitations, particularly when working with layers.

None the less, it is passing the test of time and has proving itself to be capable of a variety of sounds and styles.
And when in doubt (having troubles), do a soft re-set.

Hi guys,

I'm finally back! Time to play around with the Venom once again after a rather long hiatus, doing various stuff unrelated to music (I think they call it "daily life" :roll:)

Anyway, I'm going for the VenEd and even though I still only have the demo, it won't be for long.....if I cant get this thing working like I want it to.
I have some issues using multiple venomED instances. They load fine but I can only use one patch at a time no matter the number of instances loaded in FL. If I change midi channel on the Venom itself (which works for any other multitimbral synth I have) and use the MIDI Out instance it uses the same sound as the initially loaded VenomED as well.
So....if wanting to use multiple patches at the same time....Will I have to load multiple VenomED's at once, or just use the one VenomED instance and put MIDI OUTs on top just like any other hardware synth??
I see no option to select Midi channel in VenomED. There's a button located near the effects section but it does nothing. Is this a demo limitation or am i just an idiot (don't answer the idiot part :hihi: )

This may have been discussed before but the KVR forum search is pointless unless you have a unigue search term...and this thread is 45+ pages :shock:

Thanks....sorry for being a noob in this case. I usually work with Kurzweil and old Yamaha hardware.

K-Bee wrote:Hi guys,

I'm finally back! Time to play around with the Venom once again after a rather long hiatus, doing various stuff unrelated to music (I think they call it "daily life" :roll:)

Anyway, I'm going for the VenEd and even though I still only have the demo, it won't be for long.....if I cant get this thing working like I want it to.
I have some issues using multiple venomED instances. They load fine but I can only use one patch at a time no matter the number of instances loaded in FL. If I change midi channel on the Venom itself (which works for any other multitimbral synth I have) and use the MIDI Out instance it uses the same sound as the initially loaded VenomED as well.
So....if wanting to use multiple patches at the same time....Will I have to load multiple VenomED's at once, or just use the one VenomED instance and put MIDI OUTs on top just like any other hardware synth??
I see no option to select Midi channel in VenomED. There's a button located near the effects section but it does nothing. Is this a demo limitation or am i just an idiot (don't answer the idiot part :hihi: )

This may have been discussed before but the KVR forum search is pointless unless you have a unigue search term...and this thread is 45+ pages :shock:

Thanks....sorry for being a noob in this case. I usually work with Kurzweil and old Yamaha hardware.
I'm only aware you can use one instance(sound) at a time with Venom'ed no matter how many instances of the plugin you use as you cannot select a midi channel on the plugin itself, not heard or read otherwise.

K-Bee wrote:Hi guys,

Here's a workaround that i think will work. Haven't tried though. Set the synth to "Multi" mode. Then you can create a multi with the Vyzex and assign a different midi channel to each patch. Put the instrument you want in each part. Then load up the Venomed vst and you can assign each instance to the different midi channels assigned (up to four - venom allows up to four independent patches in a multi). I hope venomed doesn't do anything weird when it starts (like putting back the synth in single mode). If this works you can play up to four patches at the same time but they will get mixed down to a stereo stream when back to the daw.
Hope this helps.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”