DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didi emailed me. Seems it might be a bug in the Keyboard editor. I'm on it.

Keep reporting any problems you have. Thanks :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:Didi emailed me. Seems it might be a bug in the Keyboard editor. I'm on it.

Keep reporting any problems you have. Thanks :)
It seems it's a bug that also affects the desktop version, but in a different way. It's got to do with the sysex value indexing. Assignable parameter knobs might not keep their assignments. I'll fix this asap.
www.mkdr.net

Price seems really resonable and i tried demo in Ableton live. But i cant make it work - I load it as vsti, and unable to choose midi ports to control mopho - it says midi used my another application, witch is live itself, so no idea how to make it work :/

sk1e wrote:Price seems really resonable and i tried demo in Ableton live. But i cant make it work - I load it as vsti, and unable to choose midi ports to control mopho - it says midi used my another application, witch is live itself, so no idea how to make it work :/
You need to go into your device/midi settings and change this within Ableton live, i.e. in cubase you need to make it inactive. this is not an issue with the editor.

breakmixer wrote:
sk1e wrote:Price seems really resonable and i tried demo in Ableton live. But i cant make it work - I load it as vsti, and unable to choose midi ports to control mopho - it says midi used my another application, witch is live itself, so no idea how to make it work :/
You need to go into your device/midi settings and change this within Ableton live, i.e. in cubase you need to make it inactive. this is not an issue with the editor.
got that sorted! looking good so far
may be you can help me with one more thing
i dont quite get, how he handles multiple instancees of vst's
for example 1 programmed nice bass on track 1, and the keys on track 2
if i switch between tracks, patch stays the same, i should manually safe and load patch for eatch track to record audio ?

sk1e wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
if i switch between tracks, patch stays the same, i should manually safe and load patch for eatch track to record audio ?
You can only load one instance of the vst editor, the mopho is mono-timberal too. to get over this record your bass track to audio and start over.

You would need a multi-timberal vst/hardware to do that...hope i got you correct.

breakmixer wrote:
sk1e wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
You can only load one instance of the vst editor, the mopho is mono-timberal too. to get over this record your bass track to audio and start over.

You would need a multi-timberal vst/hardware to do that...hope i got you correct.
i understand that is it monophonic. I just thought that the point of vst editor was to keep its settings for each track

sk1e wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
sk1e wrote:
breakmixer wrote:

i understand that is it monophonic. I just thought that the point of vst editor was to keep its settings for each track
I would say the point of the vst editor(IMHO) was full control of the parameters on screen that the mopho desktop lacks and totall recall of settings within your daws project upon reloading it, like a normal vst would. I've got a Prophet 08 on order and for that I may not bother with a VST editor for it - because it's all there on the hardware.

breakmixer wrote: I would say the point of the vst editor(IMHO) was full control of the parameters on screen that the mopho desktop lacks and totall recall of settings within your daws project upon reloading it, like a normal vst would. I've got a Prophet 08 on order and for that I may not bother with a VST editor for it - because it's all there on the hardware.
so as far as i understood, i can only total recall settings for 1 vst per project?

sk1e wrote:
breakmixer wrote: I would say the point of the vst editor(IMHO) was full control of the parameters on screen that the mopho desktop lacks and totall recall of settings within your daws project upon reloading it, like a normal vst would. I've got a Prophet 08 on order and for that I may not bother with a VST editor for it - because it's all there on the hardware.
so as far as i understood, i can only total recall settings for 1 vst per project?
I'd say so...not like native vst's.

sk1e wrote:
Yep. That is correct. The defining factor here is that a midi port can only be open once in an application.. and because DAWs are so stupidly broken in their midi spec that they don't pass on sysex the MophoEd has to run it's own midi port. There's not much that can be done about it. I did come up with workarounds for this (for example a separate server process which vst instances would send their midi data to over TCP.. or just multitimbral parts inside the vst intself of which only one would be active, etc..), but they weren't stable or logical enough to be included in this version of the editor.

You can however save as many patches to your patch bank as you like and load them up when needed. That's unfortunately the best i can offer at the moment... or what anyone else can offer for that matter.

With all the problems of integrated vst-sysex editors it almost seems as if DAW makers are trying to smoke HW out of the picture.. :roll:
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote: Yep. That is correct. The defining factor here is that a midi port can only be open once in an application.. and because DAWs are so stupidly broken in their midi spec that they don't pass on sysex the MophoEd has to run it's own midi port. There's not much that can be done about it. I did come up with workarounds for this (for example a separate server process which vst instances would send their midi data to over TCP.. or just multitimbral parts inside the vst intself of which only one would be active, etc..), but they weren't stable or logical enough to be included in this version of the editor.

You can however save as many patches to your patch bank as you like and load them up when needed. That's unfortunately the best i can offer at the moment... or what anyone else can offer for that matter.

With all the problems of integrated vst-sysex editors it almost seems as if DAW makers are trying to smoke HW out of the picture.. :roll:
Than why it is better to have VSTi editor,than usual editor ?

sk1e wrote:
mkdr wrote: Yep. That is correct. The defining factor here is that a midi port can only be open once in an application.. and because DAWs are so stupidly broken in their midi spec that they don't pass on sysex the MophoEd has to run it's own midi port. There's not much that can be done about it. I did come up with workarounds for this (for example a separate server process which vst instances would send their midi data to over TCP.. or just multitimbral parts inside the vst intself of which only one would be active, etc..), but they weren't stable or logical enough to be included in this version of the editor.

So you can make/tweak patches as your building the track in the DAW to sit in the mix. the mopho'ed VST makes it as simple as using a vst - the only drawback is having to bounce the audio after you have finished with the midi side. But you would have to do that without an editor - so it's only got plus points for me.

sk1e wrote:

Instant recall of projects
Full automation support
Easier controller assignment
All in all better integration and workflow

If you feel these are not important to you, by all means use the included editor. Nothing wrong in that.
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote: Instant recall of projects
Full automation support
Easier controller assignment
All in all better integration and workflow

If you feel these are not important to you, by all means use the included editor. Nothing wrong in that.
Im very new to hardware, sorry if it sounded like im saying that this editor is not needed or bad, im just trying to figure out new workflow for me.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”