YAMAHA , ROLAND, KORG, KURZWEIL (Anything exciting from them in 2013) ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The King Korg may be real, but no way is it analog. XMT has to mean something Modelling Tecnology, which would be VA.
A sort of successor to the Z1 perhaps...

It's YAMAHA's 125th Anniversary !

http://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/corpo ... rade_show/

Hope they have some New, and Exciting Products this year. (Wow ! YAMAHA is 125 Years Old, I didn't realize they were in business this long).

Cheers,
Muziksculp

125 years is quite a lot. They'll do something because of that I'm sure. My guess is a new motor bike :hihi:
Way more sales than a synth I reckon.

K-Bee wrote:125 years is quite a lot. They'll do something because of that I'm sure. My guess is a new motor bike :hihi:
Way more sales than a synth I reckon.
I think they will show their new flying Jet Ski :D

Seems like kurzweil has something new :)

http://i.imgur.com/G0ytJ.jpg

Cool !

Hope it is the K3000, and not some Electric Piano :)

ROLAND Connect Jan. 21 http://www.rolandconnect.com/

I don't expect anything breakthrough from ROLAND. But...I will give them a chance to prove me wrong this year.

We shall know on Jan. 21.

Muziksculp wrote:Cool !

Hope it is the K3000, and not some Electric Piano :)

I'm not convinced it's going to be K3000. :D

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Muziksculp wrote:ROLAND Connect Jan. 21 http://www.rolandconnect.com/ (http://www.rolandconnect.com/)

I don't expect anything breakthrough from ROLAND. But...I will give them a chance to prove me wrong this year.

We shall know on Jan. 21.
Maybe it's a VST-iPad-MIDI hybrid technology that works with legacy devices.

I want to control my 106 and my XV-5050 via VST and iPad simultaneously!

NAMM 2013:
Roland - New Phantom taking parts from the Jupiter/Integra systems.
Kurtzweil - finally a new range of workstations, hoping VST emulation myself.
Korg - VA synth emulating old Korgs and much more.
Yamaha - Cheaper XF, less keys.
Nord - Nord Stage 3. If they add an iPad surface UI so you could hook an iPad to the system, that would be nifty.
Casio - more digital pianos.

Just guessing!

ksandvik wrote:NAMM 2013:
Roland - New Phantom taking parts from the Jupiter/Integra systems.
Kurtzweil - finally a new range of workstations, hoping VST emulation myself.
Korg - VA synth emulating old Korgs and much more.
Yamaha - Cheaper XF, less keys.
Nord - Nord Stage 3. If they add an iPad surface UI so you could hook an iPad to the system, that would be nifty.
Casio - more digital pianos.

Just guessing!
YAMAHA - Hopefully will introduce their next generation Workstation. (Not a cheaper XF with less keys) :)

This would be my wish product for NAMM 2013. Nord or another company would do an Electro 71 key with better patch control + more memory and slightly more weighted keys. Nothing else. If non-Nord the price might also drop down. Otherwise Electro 3 and 4s are IMHO the best gigging keyboards out there.

As for all these workstations... I don't need them. I use a laptop or soon an iPad. Easier to program than looking through menus and sub-menues, each looking similar (to paraphrase the adventure text game.) Me thinks the whole workstation genre is like the dinosaur age and the iPads/tablets will soon take over.

But doing a lightweight and fun keyboard for gigging and nailing down the touch issue of pianos and electric piano touches combined with organ and synth ones, that's a tough problem.

Or then Fatar or someone else makes such a MIDI keyboard controller with an iPad connection. Job done.

U-He going hardware with a Zebra/Diva/Ace 88 key monster, fully USB/DAW/Ipad/Tablet compatible.The Name: U-Heaven.
It will be designed by Luigi Colani who was also responsible for the oddest looking grand piano of all time

:lol:

ksandvik wrote:
As for all these workstations... I don't need them. I use a laptop or soon an iPad. Easier to program than looking through menus and sub-menues
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree on my part (not that this hasn't been discussed ad nauseaum). Nothing beats the immediacy of a hardware workstation or a stage piano, when changing sounds live, for instance. As far as the ease of programming...maybe so, depends on the product. An iPad is a great UI (anything "hands-on" is), but keyboards such as Roland's JP80 have touch screens as well (and actually an iPad app that complements it...).

Having a million presets from the get-go also helps. Not to mention that some of those megabyte keyboards still miraculously sound better than gigabyte Kontakt instruments...

I used to play "bread & butter" gigs live with a Fatar/Studiologic + a Mac laptop, but gave up on it - it was just such a hassle. AND you had to program a set into Mainstage anyway...which was kind of unreliable and CPU-heavy anyway.

ksandvik wrote:Kurtzweil - finally a new range of workstations, hoping VST emulation myself.
Kurzweil (!) will never do VSTs. Talked to them about it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”