Show Me Your Guitar Pedalboard (or talk about favourites/ give reviews/show your wish list)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
Can you say "sustain"?
yes but you cant hear me so why bother? :shrug: :hihi:
see I just said it, did you hear me?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
Hink wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
Can you say "sustain"?
yes but you cant hear me so why bother? :shrug: :hihi:
see I just said it, did you hear me?
now I'm dancing around singing it, can you hear me now?

sorry :oops:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

That I'd rather see.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

SJ_Digriz wrote:If I remember right, that second feed to the filaments is really, really low voltage (something like 6 VDC?). So, not much heat to dissipate.
Voltage is low at 6.3 or 12.6V. But lots of amps going through. (=heat)

Uncle E wrote:
morelia wrote:This is what I have now
Try this configuration:

1. TC Electronic Polytune
2. Electro Harmonic Little Big Muff
3. Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
4. Jim Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal
5. TC Electronic Shaker Vibrato
6. Voodoo Lab Tremolo
7. AMT SS-20
8. MXR Smartgate
9. MXR Custom Comp CSP202
10. TC ELlectronic Ditto Looper
11. TC Electronic Corona Chorus
12. TC Electronic Flashback Delay
13. TC Electronics Hall Of Fame

You could try moving the SS-20 earlier in the chain than that, I just happen to like the sound of wah, vibrato, and tremolo going into distortion, plus the method above gives you the options of having them both post- and pre-distortion.
I suppose I could use the FX loop of the SS-20 and just use the Orange DT setup pretty clean.
It's a good move. This is why I originally got into pedal distortion, I really don't like what distortion does to chorus, delay, and reverb.
Well I'm notoriously satisfied with the first thing I hear so I'll try this setup first. Thanks Eric. Only thing I don't get is the looper position. At the end of the chain seemed logical to me.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Just IMHO have your Smart Gate before both your dirt pedals. You will probably need to try it in your FX Loop as well as where it seems to fit best in your pedal chain. The only things that go before my suppressors/gates are wah pedals. If you do run into more noise than you are happy with then the most elegant solution would be to grab a used NS-2 which has a loop built-in which is again IMHO works great, Just don't place full on overdrives, distortions or fuzzes in that loop as it'll cut into wanted signal (It works just great though with boost/ODs set as more like a boost inside the loop)

Anyway you have yourself a lot of options there and it'll go along way. I won't bother to list any of my bits as you've got everything covered really so I'll spare everyone, My taste is questionable at best morelia

I just have to add that Uncle E has no room to talk...This is a man whom deliberately fits his guitars with GOLD hardware of all things plus is proud of it. Enough said. Seriously though it does to me also list like a logical setup to start off with that Eric's posted

Best to all as always

Dean
That's where I thought I'd put the gate as well. I'll have to try some different options. I'm pretty happy with the pedals so far. The only one that may get replaced at this stage is the Metal Muff but it's early days. Thanks for the tips. :wink:

Gold hardware? Image

Uncle E wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I just have to add that Uncle E has no room to talk...This is a man whom deliberately fits his guitars with GOLD hardware of all things plus is proud of it.
Can you say "sustain"?

Wow, Now that is a new level of gold guitar I've never seen before mate!

Morelia, Not at all and even more so I understand why you'll want to try different distortion pedals.
Still the DT has plenty of gain on-board so a decent boost to its front-end on the gain/drive channel via an overdrive to tighten things up should sound and feel great (Such as a Boss SD-1 for cheaper to a Maxon OD808/Ibanez TS808 for a little more being good candidates/usual suspects for example).
If you like to stay MXR then the ZW Overdrive is good safe bet also, Think I paid £40 for mine, Its far from anywhere near modern high-gain capable which is probably why people sell them off after buying, As its not what they expected/wanted. All in good time though :tu:

Cheers

morelia wrote:Only thing I don't get is the looper position. At the end of the chain seemed logical to me.
Moving it after the chorus makes sense. Moving it after the delay could result in out of time delay trails, I can't say I recommend it.

Uncle E wrote:
morelia wrote:Only thing I don't get is the looper position. At the end of the chain seemed logical to me.
Moving it after the chorus makes sense. Moving it after the delay could result in out of time delay trails, I can't say I recommend it.
I get you now. Thanks.

Anyone seen a powerboard like this? Would make fitting it into the pedal board design easier.

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:So thanx to Dean and his awesome generosity I now have a Fulltone Full Drive, thanx Dean for giving this to me...you rock :tu:

I gotta say I really like how flexible it really is and the tone is really sweet
Awesome! That's an amazing booster for an already driven Marshall.
Indeed. I use a Full Drive with my Mark V; it works really well as a gain boost for crunch rhythm parts.

The only actual pedals I use are the Full Tone and an Ibanez Screaming Demon wah; my other effects (a TC Electronics G-Major 2 and an Ensoniq DP/4) are in a rack with an old ART X-15 Ultrafoot to control them.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Kingston wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:If I remember right, that second feed to the filaments is really, really low voltage (something like 6 VDC?). So, not much heat to dissipate.
Voltage is low at 6.3 or 12.6V. But lots of amps going through. (=heat)
6.3 it is. And yes, it does have a bit of amperage going through there.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Image Nearly there. I would probably have given it a run today if I hadn't lost my glasses. I need them to solder these days, so I found out. I should probably put a JRR Shop sticker on it (Thanks for the deals Eric :wink: )

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi there!

I wanted to show my current pedalboard and the one that I wish I had :)

Image from DBoards, a website where you can create and share pedalboards online for free:
https://www.dboards.com/ (https://www.dboards.com/)

My newest addition is a Devi ever Rocket. It's a Soda Meiser circuit and a Vintage Fuzz Master circuit on separate bypass switches, in series.

I was lucky enough to get one of the pretty versions, for quite a steal on eBay:

(Mine has black knobs and the power is on the opposite side, otherwise the same.)

From the perspective of a synth type who plays a little bass, as opposed to a guitarist, I find it weird and wicked. Very noisy, occasionally self-oscillating. A bit more out of control than the basic Soda Meiser. I will probably use it in parallel with the dry signal most of the time, and often with a gate after it, sidechained to the input. Though sometimes I'll also probably just open it up and do some no-input stuff.

The "tremolo" switch is supposedly (A) controlled by dynamics and (B) associated with the VFM side. In reality its rate is not very sensitive at all, and both fuzzes have to be engaged for it to kick in. I'm not sure I'll ever get any use out of it.

At any setting, it's really intense. My Red Witch Fuzz God can go apeshit, but it can also be calmed down a bit, and the Darkglass Duality fuzz I tried was extremely controllable. The volume knobs on the Rocket work fine and it responds to different incoming levels very nicely, but there is no "just a little bit of destruction" setting.

changed a bit of gear lately. no surprises there I guess.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”