Third Minibrute from the second retailer and still broken

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

himalaya wrote:
werp wrote: I didn't take the gamble on the minibrute though, the keys felt crappy.
I've succumbed to temptation on the micro.
No issues with the keys here. They are a bit soft, but then for a two octave mono synth at that bargain price, it's fine. The aftertouch is also well implemented (having aftertouch on a synth like this is a minor miracle in fact).
The shop display minibrute had a broken key..wedged up with a bit of steel. The shop finally scored a 2 nd unit after 18 months or so...
I'll use a controller keyboard with the micro and just twiddle its' knobs.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I'm actually quite tempted to cancel the microbrute and take an iConnect Midi-4 instead.
December 31 release here.

Sendy wrote:I've had dribs and drabs of hardware sent by courier before. Especially before the VST revolution. Never had any problems with the courier. The thought has crossed my mind, but the boxes arrive in perfect condition, everything is snugly packaged and bubble wrapped. Three times in a row seems a bit too much of a coincidence.

I don't know of any decent synth shops on the Isle of Wight, all the music shops seem to just sell guitars and cheeseboards.
you're right, three times in a row is a bit too much of a coincidence... but who does it point the blame to ? the courier or the manufacturer ?

the problem could very well be a combination of not-the-best build quality which doesn't stand up to above-average-rough-&-readiness, where it occurs in the postage chain. which for some folks doesn't happen, and for others consistently happens. I for one have noticed which national services are the worst {for whatever reason}. I've had several big hulks and fragile beauties delivered from half-way across the planet without a hiccup, and yet a country only an hour-ish away by plane is constantly battering my goods unless I go crazy on the packing. Some postal services just suck.

anyway bubble wrapping can be pretty useless in my experience, on all but the very lightest of things. if you do give it another chance and go for number 4, whoever you buy it from next, have them put extra care into the packing. ask for tightly packed styrofoam popcorn, very tightly balled up newspaper, and have it double boxed if possible - with the bubble wrapping in the outer layer. explain you're on unit 4 and will pay a little extra if the extra packing materials warrant the expense. Presumably, if they're going to cater to your packing requests, they'll get to have a look at the unit before doing so. But, just in case, it might warrant asking them to double check and physically inspect the unit themselves before packing - again referring to the fact this will be your 4th unit to justify the request.

:shrug:

ChiTown24 wrote:
Sendy wrote:I've had dribs and drabs of hardware sent by courier before. Especially before the VST revolution. Never had any problems with the courier. The thought has crossed my mind, but the boxes arrive in perfect condition, everything is snugly packaged and bubble wrapped. Three times in a row seems a bit too much of a coincidence.

I don't know of any decent synth shops on the Isle of Wight, all the music shops seem to just sell guitars and cheeseboards.
you're right, three times in a row is a bit too much of a coincidence... but who does it point the blame to ? the courier or the manufacturer ?

the problem could very well be a combination of not-the-best build quality which doesn't stand up to above-average-rough-&-readiness, where it occurs in the postage chain. which for some folks doesn't happen, and for others consistently happens. I for one have noticed which national services are the worst {for whatever reason}. I've had several big hulks and fragile beauties delivered from half-way across the planet without a hiccup, and yet a country only an hour-ish away by plane is constantly battering my goods unless I go crazy on the packing. Some postal services just suck.

anyway bubble wrapping can be pretty useless in my experience, on all but the very lightest of things. if you do give it another chance and go for number 4, whoever you buy it from next, have them put extra care into the packing. ask for tightly packed styrofoam popcorn, very tightly balled up newspaper, and have it double boxed if possible - with the bubble wrapping in the outer layer. explain you're on unit 4 and will pay a little extra if the extra packing materials warrant the expense. Presumably, if they're going to cater to your packing requests, they'll get to have a look at the unit before doing so. But, just in case, it might warrant asking them to double check and physically inspect the unit themselves before packing - again referring to the fact this will be your 4th unit to justify the request.

:shrug:
Thanks, good advice there. Not sure what I'm gonna do, but if I do try for number 4 I'll go down that route.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

werp wrote:I'm actually quite tempted to cancel the microbrute and take an iConnect Midi-4 instead.
Says who?
Not iConnectivity on their Facebook page, as of 12 hours ago. In response to a question if it would be out by the holidays:

" Hi Junn, no unfortunately it is taking longer than we hoped. We are super close but don't have an exact date yet. I don't want to estimate any further. We hope to have exact dates very shortly."

Sendy wrote:Not yet, though this is the second supplier I've tried. This one is actually in slightly worse condition than the previous two, since one key is unpressable, and two are sticking up and flopping about.

Thinking about switching to a Bass Station 2 and forgetting about it.
The build on that feels awful, just like V1....good luck.

Aural Chaos wrote:
werp wrote:I'm actually quite tempted to cancel the microbrute and take an iConnect Midi-4 instead.
Says who?
Not iConnectivity on their Facebook page, as of 12 hours ago. In response to a question if it would be out by the holidays:

" Hi Junn, no unfortunately it is taking longer than we hoped. We are super close but don't have an exact date yet. I don't want to estimate any further. We hope to have exact dates very shortly."
Says Awave in Melbourne.
http://www.awave.com.au/product_info.ph ... ts_id=4776

werp wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:
Says who?

Says Awave in Melbourne.
http://www.awave.com.au/product_info.ph ... ts_id=4776

Hate to break it you, but:
"iConnectivity wrote: "Unfortunately manufacturing of the first shipment of iConnectMIDI4+ will not be completed by the end of year. We awaiting exact dates from the factory (it is looking like January at the moment)"

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I don't know what you are talking about. I'm looking for a good hardware retailer (http://www.thegreenbook.com/products/hardware-retailers/) store. Who can help me looking for that website.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”